Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly there are many reports of families holidaying together until the kids are well into their 20s and even older these days.
Yeah, look at Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel.

I would hope that Sarah wouldn't be allowed anywhere near Sandringham and Balmoral.
Holidays are suppose to get you away from the places you see on a day to day basis.
Everyone has a holiday abroad, nothing wrong with it.

The Queen and DoE don't holiday abroad. They holiday at their family's holiday homes - Balmoral and Sandringham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little bit harsh Lumutqueen IMO, but sure we are all very entitled to our opinion. I think Sandringham and Balmoral has a lot of bittersweet memories for them anyhow.
They have always been very consistent about having a family holiday, and I'm sure they will all be anxious that doesn't change this year.

Sarah was only permitted back to Balmoral once since being banished from there mid-vacation after her adultery was shown in living color on the front page; that once was in the very recent past.

Andrew and the girls have always been welcome there without her and many is the year that they have gone without her, happily enjoying Scotland.

We will know soon if she has permanently worn out her welcome there, as I imagine that she has. Why should the Queen spoil her and her family's own holiday by having Sarah underfoot?

To have her along is to invite along all the baggage that she carries, dragging the cartload of bad behaviour that follows her like a miasma. Better she continue to mooch off her celebrity friends and continue her summer-long holiday away from Balmoral.

Oh gosh, you really aren't a fan.

Of course Sarah's behaviour in the early 90's was dreadful, no arguments there.
The points I would make are:-
(1) Could any man including Andrew be so forgiving if every story/rumour written about her was true?
(2) Andrew has been brillant to her since the divorce, but he did put both his navy career and his royal duties before his wife during their marriage.
No woman would find that easy, his wife should have come first at least some of the time.
(3) Post divorce, up until the recent scandal did she do a whole lot wrong?

Yeah definately it's nice Andrew gets time on his own with the girls in Scotland, but they have had many a happy holiday with her also.

Anyway just my thoughts, they mightn't be worth much

Good grief! It was an official event with 300 people attending! What a misleading title for this article. It sounds like he and the Libyan had a cozy private tete-a-tete from the headline.:bang:

God forbid the Daily Mail let anything like the facts get in the way of a good story.

http://www.thedukeofyork.org/DOYResources/PDFs/DOY_Review_20-7-10.pdf

The Duke has published his annual report:

In this financial year, ending 31st March 2010, The Duke of York undertook 757 official engagements in the UK and overseas. This is an increase of more than 20% on last year.Of those, nearly 550 engagements were in his capacity as The UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment, in addition to his other Royal, Military and Patronage duties.
The Duke of York has connected with over 3,000 companies this year at business receptions, lunches, dinners, round-table meetings and during visits.
His Royal Highness has hosted or attended over 25 business receptions this year to reach a broad range of companies. For example, at the World Economic Forum in Davos, The Duke of York hosted a UK reception which was attended by 242 worldwide business and political leaders
.The Duke of York spent over 76 days working abroad on business/trade related engagements across 23 countries. In addition, he has visited 22 counties of the UK on Away Days.

Any news on whether Andrew is planning to join Sarah and the girls on their holiday in Spain???

Well he's still in Scotland with the girls at the moment.
They arrrived at the Castle of Mey yesterday, I could see them staying to celebrates Anne's 60th, which is the 14th?

No Sarah in Scotland. Andrew's birthday is up soon as well - I'll bake a nice cupcake for him.

No Sarah in Scotland. Andrew's birthday is up soon as well - I'll bake a nice cupcake for him.

Andrew's birthday was in February.
This trip is a family celebration for Andrew's 50th and Anne's 60th which is on the 14th because I don't think Philip celebrated with Sarah and the girls back in Feb. ;)

Well he's still in Scotland with the girls at the moment.
They arrrived at the Castle of Mey yesterday, I could see them staying to celebrates Anne's 60th, which is the 14th?

I was thinking the same but isn't Beatrice's birthday on the 8th and I doubt Sarah will miss that, and I'm sure she won't be too welcome in Scotland.

Oh, so the cupcake has to be frozen until then? No, no....I'll eat it. Sheesh. The sacrifices I must make for the DoY.

I was thinking the same but isn't Beatrice's birthday on the 8th and I doubt Sarah will miss that, and I'm sure she won't be too welcome in Scotland.

She has before, many a time. Sarah was not welcome at Balmoral for many August birthdays before this one, and she's not welcome now.

Oh, so the cupcake has to be frozen until then? No, no....I'll eat it. Sheesh. The sacrifices I must make for the DoY.
What flavor was it? Hopefully not rum! HRH is a teetoller you know. :p

She has before, many a time. Sarah was not welcome at Balmoral for many August birthdays before this one, and she's not welcome now.

Most years Andrew and the girls would stay south until at least after Beatrice's birthday and I see no reason why they would stay at Balmoral if it means Beatrice's mother can't be with her daughter on her daughter's birthday. Not even the most hard-hearted person would expect that.

As they have already celebrated Anne's birthday on the cruise there is no reason for them to stay at Balmoral just to be with her on that day - she is an aunt afterall.

Given a choice between my mother on my birthday or my aunt on hers guess who would win. These people are flesh and bone and blood is thicker than water.

Peter and Zara would, I hope be with their mother for her birthday but the rest of the family, siblings and neices and nephews - not necessarily. If the official 60th birthday celebration was on the actual day then yes I would expect them there but not when that birthday has already been celebrated.

Correct.
Generally they holiday in reverse order. That is, the girls holiday in Europe with their parents before they go on to Balmoral- normally mid-August. Once or twice in recent years Sarah invitation to Balmoral has come because Beatrice would have been celebrating her birthday.

This year with the cruise occurring they would have had to simply rearrange their dates. I've just read Prince Andrew has been spotted in Sardinia so it is more than likely the girls are somewhere in Europe too now.

Looks like Goga to me, I read something last month about some business forum in Sardinia this month, maybe mixing business with pleasure, a working holiday and sure why not.

They got it right with Sarah, Duchess of York and then used 'The' with the capital 'T' at the beginning of the sentence which is perfectly acceptable - having given her correct form earlier in the passage. If it is in the middle of the sentence they would be also correct to say 'the' with a small 'T'. It would be incorrect to refer to her as 'The' capital 'T' in the middle of a sentence. To not us 'The' at the beginning of the passage they would have to say 'Sarah, Duchess of York, each time as 'Sarah' alone would mean that she was a member of the royals as only royals should get their Christian name alone (along with Popes).

What annoys me is the number of papers and other places though that refer to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, as they are giving them the divorced style.

It is time that there was an education campaign run from the appropriate authorities to get the press to know how to refer to people.

Only a week ago, he was pictured looking glum after disembarking a five-star cruise ship chartered by the Queen for a family trip round the Western Isles in Scotland.
Now Prince Andrew has found something to smile about after heading to the Mediterranean with friends.
The Duke of York was pictured in casual attire as he lunched with a group which included an attractive dark-haired woman - said to be the wife of one of the friends in his party.

What a difference a week makes: Smiling Prince Andrew enjoys lunch on holiday with beautiful mystery friend | Mail Online

His playful grin, bare chest and evident delight as he laps up the sun are a world away from the stuffy family holiday of last week.
And no wonder, for Prince Andrew’s stunning companion on holiday in Sardinia would put a smile on any man’s face.
While 1,000-piece jigsaws were required to while away the time with the Queen and the rest of the royals on their 11-day Scottish tour, the Duke of York needed nothing more than his beautiful friend and a bottle of sunscreen to keep him happy on a luxury superyacht in the Mediterranean.

Prince Andrew's yacht frolics with a beautiful brunette | Mail Online

He looks awful and has really let himself go since leaving the navy hasn't he?

He also is making a fool of himself with this woman who is closer in age to Beatrice than to him from all accounts, and married to boot.

Sorry but this is appalling behaviour from a man who is 50 - I hate men who go after much younger women.

iluvbertie...how do you know she is married?

iluvbertie...how do you know she is married?

Both articles I posted tell the story that she is the wife of one of his friends.

The Duke of York was pictured in casual attire as he lunched with a group which included an attractive dark-haired woman - said to be the wife of one of the friends in his party.

The photos gave me no indication of a romance. PA might be perceived to be "flirting," but it doesn't look that way to me.

Sheesh. He needs a bit of sun and some excersise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom