Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 4: September 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Philip doesn't like Sarah because of the scandal she brought to the royal family. I can understand why he would feel that way (although I also think that after seventeen years, he could 'forgive and forget.') I didn't say Sarah living there wouldn't make a difference to Andrew moving on...but maybe he doesn't want to move on. He's letting Sarah stay there out of his own free will.

I suppose that brings us back to what the article called them, "the odd couple".
:flowers:

The only thing we really know from the article is that Sarah seems to be living at Royal Lodge rent-free when she is in Britain. I don't know if she would be getting anything else from Andrew.
Just an observation here. If Sarah is staying at Royal Lodge as Andrew's guest he would be unlikely to charge her "rent".
Just as I doubt that Prince Philip's mother was presented with a monthly rent bill when she lived out her later years at Buckingham Palace.

In any case very few people would be privy to the private financial arrangements that may or may not exist between Andrew and Sarah, the maintenance he made/makes to the cost of raising their daughters, nor to the financial contribution Sarah may or may not make when she stays at Royal Lodge. It's his house and his family and I don't see it as anyone else's business what money changes hands between the two of them.

No surprises to be quite honest. :nonono::nonono:
I feel incredible sorry for the other members of the royal family, Andrew needs to clean up his act and soon. :nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can´t see any parallel between an elderly mother living in her son´s house as a guest of the Queen of England (incidentally her daughter-in-law) and an ex-wife living with her ex-husband and as far as being no one´s business nearly everything discussed in the whole TRF forum is someone else´s business, from what is worn to what names we like to which photographs are attractive, what different members of the royal families are doing, so it is very difficult to point to one thing and say it is not anyone´s business, of course it isn´t, but we seem to be discussing it just the same. :ermm:

Some couples have fond memories of their wedding and marriage. They simply reached a point in their lives when going separate ways were the next stage.

I agree that it isn't really anyone's business, but people sometimes suggest that Sarah is "milking Andrew" for what he's worth. I remember reading, before Charles and Camilla were married, that Charles' income from the Duchy of Cornwall was paying for Camilla's expenses while she lived at Clarence House. So I thought maybe there was also some information out there about what was going on between Sarah and Andrew.

I think Andrew sees Sarah as family (and vice versa) so I agree that he'd let her live as a guest at Royal Lodge.

A possible explaination for the ire of Prince Philip might be that Sarah's antics, for good or ill, while she is under the roof and protection of PA are a reflection on the House of Windsor. If she is paying her own way, bully for her, though I think the public wonders if Airmiles Andy and his wife --erm ex-wife-- are sucking off the British Government. I know were I a UK citizen, I would want to know.

Okay...let's move on.

Is there an article for the 2.2 billion contract of the airbus that HRH allegedgly made happen?

Pics 4.8.2009

Prince Andrew leaving the Dorchester after having dinner
at the China Tang restaurant, London, UK, August 4, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

A high-profile foreign ambassador could be expelled from Britain after it was revealed that top secret intelligence files suggest he is a KGB spy.

Kairat Abusseitov, Kazakhstan’s attache to London, is already at the centre of cash-for-lobbying claims surrounding Prince Andrew and multi-million-pound oil deals in the former Soviet republic.

Read more: Secret files reveal Prince¿s diplomat pal ¿is a KGB spy¿ | Mail Online

:previous: If this is true, isn't it a little careless of Prince Andrew and his dealings with that country? :ermm:

Are you suggesting that Prince Andrew knew the Kazakh attache was a former KGB agent? If the British Secret Service didn't know, how could Andrew?

Perhaps Prince Andrew is doing some Secret Service work of his own. Wouldn't that be something? Trade Ambassador as a cover for working for MI6.:ermm:

Are you suggesting that Prince Andrew knew the Kazakh attache was a former KGB agent? If the British Secret Service didn't know, how could Andrew?

From what I've read about the British Secret Service, all references to Jame Bond aside :cool:, they know a HECK of a lot more than they let on. I would have thought that somebody would have ALERTED PA at the very least that the guy is/was shady.

From what I've read about the British Secret Service, all references to Jame Bond aside :cool:, they know a HECK of a lot more than they let on. I would have thought that somebody would have ALERTED PA at the very least that the guy is/was shady.

That is assuming they knew.

Perhaps Prince Andrew is doing some Secret Service work of his own. Wouldn't that be something? Trade Ambassador as a cover for working for MI6.:ermm:

I seriously doubt the Queen would allow him to get involved with this. :nonono:

And if they didn't they weren't doing their job. . . .:ohmy:

Maybe they were doing the job but not able to find anything because the other side kept the information well hidden.

Intelligence agencies aren't infallible and often miss things.

Oh Yes!! Hold that thought!! So now all those expenses are justified!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom