The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Unsteady ground, perhaps?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

She has a walking stick, but I can't remember which pictures I saw it in.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Majesty

Family affection? I'd walk like that with my dad if he were still alive, and I walk that way with my father-in-law sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Is that Princess Eugenie? Why is she holding his arm?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Pics 24.1.2009

First pics of Andrew in 2009, Bella, where are you?

Prince Andrew, Duke of York visits the Nobu Restaurant
on January 24, 2009 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

I'm right here, Ice! Never far from pics of P. Andrew. Thanks, as always. He looks very serious, but no less handsome. Was this a biz lunch/dinner or a social one? Does anyone know who he was with? I've always favored that charcoal-colored suit.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Majesty

He definitely does look serious in these pics.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Andrew gave a short interview to ITN today and quite frankly made himself sound an ass. "We are where we are", being one little gem.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Pics 29.1.2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I'm right here, Ice! Never far from pics of P. Andrew. Thanks, as always. He looks very serious, but no less handsome. Was this a biz lunch/dinner or a social one? Does anyone know who he was with? I've always favored that charcoal-colored suit.
I guess it was a more private dinner.
Pic 1 from today is really nice again

Britain's Prince Andrew speaks to journalists at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in
Davos January 29, 2009. Business leaders and policymakers meeting in Davos turn
their attention to financial regulation, energy, trade and global security after hearing
China and Russia blame debt-fuelled consumption for massive financial collapse.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures.He looks good in gray.
Unfortunately,I have to agree with Skydragon;as much as I like him,Andrew can sound very pompous at times.
It's like he is very aware that he is a Royal Prince and Duke and he wants everyone to be aware of that fact.Skydragon's comments caused me to remember a story I read about Andrew when he was a little boy.He and his nanny were watching a soap opera called Coronation Street.The Queen and Philip popped in to see him,and he was embarrassed to be caught watching a program considered downmarket.Andrew said something like "...look at all those common people..."Philip told his son that if it weren't for people like that,that Andrew wouldn't be a prince.So,even ANdrew's parents know that their boy can be pompous!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Andrew gave a short interview to ITN today and quite frankly made himself sound an ass. "We are where we are", being one little gem.
Hey Sky, can you elaborate a bit? What was he saying that in reference to? Was he referring to the RF or the British Trade industry or what? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics, Ice. I esp. like Pic 1 - that smile is wonderful!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Hey Sky, can you elaborate a bit? What was he saying that in reference to? Was he referring to the RF or the British Trade industry or what? Thanks.
I have looked for a link and so far can't find one. He was talking about the recession and trade in general. The other one was along the lines of, 'there is no way out and so we have to look for a way out'. The woman interviewing asked about champagne and caviar lunches and he didn't say there weren't any, just that he hadn't seen any. I know I'm nitpicking but I really hoped he would sound inspiring, whereas I was left wondering if he was suffering from jetlag (and he was in Davos). It was shown, on the second attempt, on the ITN news at lunch time.

This isn't the interview, but it does show you your beloved.

BBC NEWS | Business | Davos 2009 | Finance for emerging markets 'vital'
Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Majesty

Prince Andrew facing cover-up claims over foreign trips | Mail Online
Quote:
Prince Andrew has been accused by MPs of suppressing a report on his controversial work as Britain’s roving business ambassador. ... Last night, after Buckingham Palace said the Duke was still deciding whether to release the findings, he faced criticismfrom a member of the Commons Public Accounts Committee, which carried out investigations into Royal finances.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding. Thanks Al_bina for the link.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Nobility

I have to say this report business does sound rather odd. Though its worth considering that the report may have been made simple foe internal royal review to see where improvements could be made etc. Hwoever it was designed to be publicly availble but now suddenly isnt then that would seem to suggest that it was negative to HRH.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding. Thanks Al_bina for the link.
I too hope it is a misunderstanding. I find it tiresome to read all negative things about Prince Andrew.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Majesty

The quotes in the article are from a Labour MP and an anti-monarchist. If Andrew did publish the report, and it was positive about his efforts, then he'd be accused of blowing his own horn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I too hope it is a misunderstanding. I find it tiresome to read all negative things about Prince Andrew.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
I have to say this report business does sound rather odd. Though its worth considering that the report may have been made simple foe internal royal review to see where improvements could be made etc. Hwoever it was designed to be publicly availble but now suddenly isnt then that would seem to suggest that it was negative to HRH.
The report was always meant to be private.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The quotes in the article are from a Labour MP and an anti-monarchist. If Andrew did publish the report, and it was positive about his efforts, then he'd be accused of blowing his own horn.
I agree with both of you.Knowing who is behind some of the quotes is very important,an anti-monarchist would of course slant things to make Andrew look bad.Andrew was given this job to tout Britain's business efforts,he's taking it very seriously and appears to be working quite diligently.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
I have to say this report business does sound rather odd. Though its worth considering that the report may have been made simple for internal royal review to see where improvements could be made etc. However it was designed to be publicly available but now suddenly isn't then that would seem to suggest that it was negative to HRH.
If it was meant to be 'private', why tell the press he had commissioned the report in the first place though?
Quote:
Last night, after Buckingham Palace said the Duke was still deciding whether to release the findings
This also gives the impression that Andrew is considering cherry picking
Quote:
so it is up to him whether he publishes it. Bits or all of it may be released this year

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew