The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Can you imagine the outrage if they were seen to be enjoying themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Didnīt they look glum!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

That was after the main event when Andrew was probably partying for Britain and he does party so well in aid of the economy!

Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Majesty

Ah, so you do admit that he does help the economy in some way!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

On that we will have to take a raincheck! But I am sure he does a great deal for the economy when he purchases his Christmas Gifts.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

We can only hope he "Buys British".
Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Andrew's dark evenings

Prince Andrew's Monopoly no
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the links, evnovoros. Quite honestly, I'd have no problem at all sitting in the dark w Prince Andrew!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnovoros View Post
This is funny! A side of the Royal Family I've never seen - so viciously competitive they don't play Monopoly any more.

So much for the staid and boring reputation.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's probably HM, not Andrew.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

HA! That's nothing! The RF should see our family when we play RISK! Talk about vicious!
IMO, I don't think Andrew should say anything about sitting in the dark. It just seems like it's too forced and not sincere. Does that make sense?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I can imagine Andrew being competitive. He always reminded me of a jock despite his royal title and jocks are insanely competitive. Her Majesty? Well, she's into horse racing and I thought it funny when she said you have to have a bit of a gambler's mind to enjoy it because you have to think that your horse is going to be better than the next one.

Russo, that does it. I'm not playing RISK with you!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Well at least I'm not a poor sport! I have a brother who would get cheesed off and flip the board. If you know RISK, you know there are hundreds of games pieces that went flying!!!
Wonder how that would go over growing up . . . what would they say to each other??
Andrew: I'm not trading you the utilities for the orangie Mummy, then you'll have a Monopoly.
HM: If you don't you are going to bed without supper and you'll be grounded for a month!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Our family wasn't that bad! Actually I get a kick out of imagining the Queen and her family playing Monopoly. 'Now Charles and Andrew, I am your mother and the Queen, so I am going to take Park Place and Boardwalk and you'll just have to be satisfied with Baltic and Mediterranean. You can split the rents up between the two of you'

It would be really neat if the Queen had her own board of her kingdom, let's see Charles, you get Cornwall,

I read the Duke of Westminster was presented a Monopoly game that had all his properties on it.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Andrew could make one for charity. (What would be "Free Parking?" )Though at this time with this economy, seeing all the property they hold might upset the subjects.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Right, Russo. Not a very good PR move, I guess. But a game like that would be fun to see once the economy gets better.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Majesty

The worst experience I ever had playing Monopoly was with a really gung-ho real estate agent. Never again.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the real world, they would have fired the administrator of lighting and switch the lights off themselves. This would allow them an extra half hour or so to read a good book, instead of sitting in the dark.......
Old 12-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
. . . . . This would allow them an extra half hour or so to read a good book, instead of sitting in the dark.......
But that would really depend on who you were sitting in the dark with.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Prince Andrew and Princess Eugenie on a phesant shoot
on the Sandringham Estate, Norfolk, Britain - 27 Dec 2008

-----> Pic
Old 12-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Is that Princess Eugenie? Why is she holding his arm?

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew