The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Majesty

Perhaps Prince Andrew is doing some Secret Service work of his own. Wouldn't that be something? Trade Ambassador as a cover for working for MI6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Are you suggesting that Prince Andrew knew the Kazakh attache was a former KGB agent? If the British Secret Service didn't know, how could Andrew?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Are you suggesting that Prince Andrew knew the Kazakh attache was a former KGB agent? If the British Secret Service didn't know, how could Andrew?
From what I've read about the British Secret Service, all references to Jame Bond aside , they know a HECK of a lot more than they let on. I would have thought that somebody would have ALERTED PA at the very least that the guy is/was shady.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
From what I've read about the British Secret Service, all references to Jame Bond aside , they know a HECK of a lot more than they let on. I would have thought that somebody would have ALERTED PA at the very least that the guy is/was shady.

That is assuming they knew.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That is assuming they knew.
And if they didn't they weren't doing their job. . . .
Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Perhaps Prince Andrew is doing some Secret Service work of his own. Wouldn't that be something? Trade Ambassador as a cover for working for MI6.
I seriously doubt the Queen would allow him to get involved with this.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
And if they didn't they weren't doing their job. . . .

Maybe they were doing the job but not able to find anything because the other side kept the information well hidden.

Intelligence agencies aren't infallible and often miss things.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Oh Yes!! Hold that thought!! So now all those expenses are justified!!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Courtier

From today´s timesonline.

Duke of York met Gaddafi and his son on private visits to Libya - Times Online
Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Majesty

Why not? He'd have access to many foreign countries and be able to meet with high level people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I seriously doubt the Queen would allow him to get involved with this.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Did Prince Andrew smooth the path to Lockerbie bomber's release? | Mail Online (19/08/2009)
Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew could attempt to become a professional golfer after managing to get his handicap down to four.

The fourth in line to the throne could now apply to the Professional Golfers Association to take up the sport full-time, to become either a teaching professional or to compete on one of the professional circuits

Prince Andrew eligible for pro golf - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Old 08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

I think it's kind of funny that Andrew's golfing is sometimes singled out as this particularly useless hobby, like none of the other royals play sports in their spare time. I can see why it bothers people when Andrew is accused of combining business trips with golf, but Prince Philip had carriage driving, Charles and his sons play polo, the Queen watches horse races...all the royals have some kind of sports-related hobby.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Perhaps, if people played golf on horseback, the attitude would be completely different.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I can see why it bothers people when Andrew is accused of combining business trips with golf, but Prince Philip had carriage driving, Charles and his sons play polo, the Queen watches horse races...all the royals have some kind of sports-related hobby.
None of which they did whilst supposedly working for UKTI!
-----------------------------------
A luxury ski holiday company has called in liquidators after failing to attract enough customers, leaving Britain's Prince Andrew out of pocket by nearly 27,000 pounds ($44,710).

Prince Andrew out of pocket as ski firm goes under | Entertainment | People | Reuters
Old 08-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Courtier

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/6077819/Duke-of-York-to-publish-annual-report.html
Old 08-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately the delay in publishing this report, is IMO suspicious. I believe I posted an article detailing dinners etc the cost of which appear to be excluded.
Quote:
There is not a word of criticism about the prince in the PWC report and it is hugely supportive of his work - though it is not always easy to quantify how much of the deal-clinching is down to him.
There wouldn't be any criticism, it would have been left out, after all he commissioned it!

It is telling that they say it is difficult to quantify whether contracts were awarded because of him, IMO they were probably awarded because it was the best deal on the table at the time.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this post is right here in this thread, but Bunte.de is reporting that Andrew and Sarah are spending their holidays together.

Fergie und Prinz Andrew: Liebescomeback unter der Sonne? - BUNTE

Also Gala.de is reporting about the trip.

http://www.gala.de/stars/news/71687/...n-Spanien.html
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fergie and Andrew's Spanish hideaway: The divorced couple summer together at a luxury Spanish villa | Mail Online

Since they seem to go their every year, I was wondering does Andrew own this property, or Sarah or perhaps both?
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The controversial president of Kazakhstan paid £3million above the market value for Prince Andrew ... [snipped]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
A high-profile foreign ambassador could be expelled from Britain after it was revealed that top secret intelligence files suggest he is a KGB spy. ... [snipped]
This scandal is quite pathetic. However, I am not too surprised. It is not about KGB or KNB, its equivalent in modern Kazakhstan, but more about observing the country's or one's personal interests and taking care of business the way British businessmen tend to do.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
This scandal is quite pathetic. However, I am not too surprised. It is not about KGB or KNB, its equivalent in modern Kazakhstan, but more about observing the country's or one's personal interests and taking care of business the way British businessmen tend to do.
Not all British businessmen one would hope, (although it may be the custom in some places) and certainly not a member of the Royal family!

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew