Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
gb_royyo.gif

Welcome to the new, Part 4, thread dedicated to
the Current Events of the The Duke of York
March 2007 - September 2008

Part 3, covering the period May 2006 to March 2007, can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 16.3.2007

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, during a visit to the Trentham Military Camp on the second day of his seven day visit to New Zealand, on March 16, 2007 in Wellington, New Zealand.

Andrew 1
Andrew 2
Andrew 3

Prince honours soldier's valour

It took three days under constant fire for Lance Sergeant Haane Manahi to storm a strategic enemy post in North Africa but the fight to get his World War II valour recognised has stretched decades

Pics 18.3.3007

HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York attends a ceremony to re-dedicate the Cenotaph at Auckland War Memorial on the fourth day of his seven day visit to New Zealand, on March 18, 2007 in Auckland, New Zealand:

Andrew 1

Andrew 2

Click here for more pics! :flowers:

I actually met Andew today in the hospital I work. He was charming and gracious not the Hooray Henry I thought he would be.His visit proved a slice of life that is rarely afforded we in operating theatres. I enjoyed myself.

Pics 19.3.2007

It's great to hear that, bertie5252003! :)

Here are the pics from today: HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York inspects the Royal Guard of Honour at the Devonport Naval Base on the fifth day of his seven day visit to New Zealand March 19, 2007 in Auckland, New Zealand:

Andrew 1
Andrew 2
Click here for the whole picture gallery!

What can you tell us about him?

bertie5252003 said:
I actually met Andew today in the hospital I work. He was charming and gracious not the Hooray Henry I thought he would be.His visit proved a slice of life that is rarely afforded we in operating theatres. I enjoyed myself.

Did he have much to say?
Did he seem bright?
Is he better or worse looking in person?
Did he sound like you thought he would?

Pics 20.3.2007

Prince Andrew visiting Auckland where he attended the International Down Syndrome Day function hosted by His Excellency The Governor General at the Pavilion, Government House and where he was shown around the McDell Marine boat building operation, on March 20, 2007 in Auckland, New Zealand:

Andrew 1
Andrew 2

More pics here!

Some more pics can be viewed here

yvrgirl he is really nice looking tall asked smart questions was very intereted in anything he was lold an absolute surprise to me. He asked me if I liked working in such a high pressure enviroment and I will take more of an interest myself in what he does as he was really good at hisjob and honestly that is all you could ask of him.

Thank you very much for the pictures Ieflower and Tosca! :flowers:

A royal audience for little Kiwi princess Laura
Prince Andrew met a princess with a difference at the International Down Syndrome Day function at Government House in Auckland yesterday.
Laura Blow, 5, who suffers from leukaemia as well as Down Syndrome, took a break from her chemotherapy treatment to give the Duke of York a painting drawn by one of her friends.

Prince Andrew releases Beatrice ... the kiwi
While he may have been in Rotorua on official business representing his mother, the Duke of York also forged a more personal link with the area.
Prince Andrew released a Kiwi named Beatrice - after his eldest daughter - into the forest on Mokoia Island on Sunday.

Last edited:
Poor little thing, I hope the cancer treatment is successful! :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Poor little thing, I hope the cancer treatment is successful! :flowers:

Joining your wishes, hope the brave little girl will make a full recovery. :)

Last edited:
Great pictures, everyone! Thanks for posting. I esp. like the ones where he's in the white uniform. Handsome! I also hope things work out for that little "princess". Thanks Avalon for posting such a touching story.

Pics 29.3.2007

Andrew has been in Monaco yesterday, here is a pic of him looking at some pictures at the cocktail reception of the charity organization Outward Bound at the Musee Oceanographique Monaco, Monte Carlo, as he has been a guest of Prince Albert you can find some more pics at this thread.

Andrew

bertie5252003 said:
yvrgirl he is really nice looking tall asked smart questions was very intereted in anything he was lold an absolute surprise to me. He asked me if I liked working in such a high pressure enviroment and I will take more of an interest myself in what he does as he was really good at hisjob and honestly that is all you could ask of him.

This is the best thing about most of the royals, in general in all of the world, for the most part. Most of them, from what I can tell, take a genuine interest in each engagement. I imagine sometimes they are bored, as some of the engagements, no matter how positive you try to be, are deadly dull. Mostly I think the military engagements (those ghastly long parades) are the worst. But even then, you see most of the royals engaging in it somehow. It has to be all tied up in their "training". I can just imagine in the long list of "palace courses": Boredom 101: How to be counteract the dullest engagements, a seminar in the art of the wits. :lol:

That course would start the moment they fussed in public. Even compared to some of my sedate siblings (THEN), most Royals are absolute darlings in public. To the point that when they do "screw up", its cute, not annoying.

There I feel sorry for Royal kids like Andrew. Having a tantrum would be a Great Offense and they wouldn't get go again--which would mean seeing their parents less. When your older siblings get more time with Mummy because they Behave, no wonder such lips get so stiff!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Mostly I think the military engagements (those ghastly long parades) are the worst...
Spare a thought for all the poor military personel, who have probably been on the parade ground/line up for at least an hour before the royal personage turns up. Who had to spend hours and hours practising to be perfect, for what can be a 5 minute presentation! Not allowed to cough, scratch, move or complain. If it's hot they bake, if it's raining they drown! The unsung heroes/heroines that have had to paint the grass, search the base, been on double guard for at least 2 days before the expected visit. :ROFLMAO:

Originally Posted by Suonymona said:
With Charles' statement regarding banning Big Macs and the "discovery" of The Duchy's product line being just as bad, I'd say its a Bad and Bad race!
Skydragon said:
But, at least he does not use jets or helicopters to get him to and from golf clubs! :ROFLMAO: Most of the Duchy foods are full of other goodies and too delicious for words! :lol:
Can those items be bought over here in the US?

Skydragon said:
Spare a thought for all the poor military personel, who have probably been on the parade ground/line up for at least an hour before the royal personage turns up. Who had to spend hours and hours practising to be perfect, for what can be a 5 minute presentation! Not allowed to cough, scratch, move or complain. If it's hot they bake, if it's raining they drown! The unsung heroes/heroines that have had to paint the grass, search the base, been on double guard for at least 2 days before the expected visit. :ROFLMAO:
...and if it doesn't move, paint it! Those were the days when I was in the Air Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke of York speaks to staff during a visit to BBC Global News in London, 2 April 2007. ------> Picture

Pics 11.4.2007

Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York, arrives to the Wellstream's facilities in Niteroi, Brazil, Wednesday, April 11, 2007. Prince Andrew is on a five-days official visit to Brazil. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

Pic 1
Pic 2

hubba, hubba

iceflower said:
Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York, arrives to the Wellstream's facilities in Niteroi, Brazil, Wednesday, April 11, 2007. Prince Andrew is on a five-days official visit to Brazil. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

Pic 1
Pic 2

That first picture of Andrew is fabulous.

Thanks once again Iceflower for the great pictures. It looks like age agrees with Prince Andrew.

Pic 17.4.2007

Britain's Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, steps out from an Embraer's commercial aircraft "Legacy 600" during his visit to Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer in Sao Jose dos Campos April 17, 2007 - reuters:

Andrew

madalx2 said:
Thanks once again Iceflower for the great pictures. It looks like age agrees with Prince Andrew.

I agree! Thank you, Iceflower, for all the pictures of Prince Andrew. He only gets better w age!

Bella and misselle, maybe Andrew is like a good wine, he gets better with the years ;) ;)
Here is another pic I found of his visit on Tuesday, it's been taken a bit closer than the last one :)

Andrew 17.4.2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom