Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting because it is the first time when Kazakh rich people are mentioned buying property abroad. We get used to read about super-rich Russians buying London out. Kazakhs prefer not to flaunt their new acquired wealth.

Commercial contacts.

:lol::lol::lol: Perhaps he will get an apprenticeship for Princess Beatrice who wants a career in fashion. In fact I bet that is what they are talking about. :whistling:

As the UK's Special Representative for Trade and Investment, Prince Andrew is dedicated to meeting and greeting important people in foreign parts.

Slimline Prince Andrew: Portrait of Britain's royal trade globetrotter making a few more contacts | Mail Online
---------------------
Bella, don't get too excited and don't read the comments, (none by me):D

Sky, you're so good! Loved the link. P Andrew looks fantastic (esp. in the white!!!). I'm not too worried about any of those women being singled out. The one in gold I thought was Victoria Beckham for a minute. Tho I'm not surprised he was such a woman magnet!!!! As for the comments, I'm curious as to why ppl feel their tax money is paying for his personal holiday. The article clearly stated he had been on holiday w his family and stayed behind to hit the party circuit. I would hope it's not on anyone's dime. I doubt it. But there will always be those who have to assume that anyhow.

I am not really sure where Prince Andrew´s money does come from. Has he got a job? Does he receive a salary for his representing the UK? I think the civil list has been modified, is he still on it? Actually I don´t think he is, but just for the record who pays the money that provides for the civil list? Perhaps he receives some monthly sum for his military service as a kind of pension. I remember that when the Duke of Windsor asked for his army pay he was informed that he was the very first member of the British royal family to ask for payment for his military service, this may have created a precedent. (Higham again).
He did sell his mansion so maybe that money is his source of income, the house was said to be the gift of HM so I suppose the money he received for it is his, so that would keep him going for some time.

Prince Andrew looked great and relaxed. I dare to say that he is the handsomest man in the British Royal family.
It is impossible for us and Daily Mail to accurately determine who (Prince Andrew or taxpayers) has funded the holidays. I see no need to make idle speculations. Even if taxpayers money is involved in paying for the holidays, I am sure that Prince Andrew and his financial advisers/accountants cover up the tracks.

Most of those pictures do not look like Andrew. The guy seems too slim. Anyone else doubt it is him - at least in the first few pics?

Most of those pictures do not look like Andrew. The guy seems too slim. Anyone else doubt it is him - at least in the first few pics?
No, it's def. him. Seems he's been slimming down a bit over recent months - you can tell by the photos. Let's hope he doesn't get too thin.

I definitely think that it's Andrew, although he has lost a fair bit of weight and looks older--as some people do when they've lost weight. Considering that the man's been to all these parties, he really doesn't look like he's having that great a time. Andrew's normally so "smiley", but he seems really serious here.

Prince Andrew looked great and relaxed. I dare to say that he is the most handsome man in the British Royal family.
It is impossible for us and Daily Mail to accurately determine who (Prince Andrew or taxpayers) has funded the holidays. I see no need to make idle speculations. Even if taxpayers money is involved in paying for the holidays, I am sure that Prince Andrew and his financial advisers/accountants cover up the tracks.

Of that I agree. I was just (figuratively) thinking out loud. Andrew is the handsomest of the royal family. It is a bit difficult to remember how good looking Prince Philip was when he was young but he was a very good looking young man. I always find it strange how two such good looking people have produced only one who could be called handsome....

LOL Oh some children take after grandparents too!! LOL You cannot call P Edward ugly. Still Prince Andrew was the best looking of the group. In one photo he actually looks a tad like V Linley.

Last edited by a moderator:
V Linley? Oh no . . . not that.

I meant that in one of those photos, where they show the profile of P Andrew, he looked a bit like V Linley.
( I think anyone who has the misfortune not to have a chin should not be photographed sideways):ermm:

I've always associated British royal men with old fashioned suits regardless of the function.

This casual style is a new look:
the chic casual look of a British man styled by his fashion conscious daughter?

Oh that's definately him. You can tell by the thin spot on the crown of his head. . . :whistling:

The Duke of York has been holiday in the South of France with his ex-wife, the Duchess of York, and their two daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.
However, the 48-year-old decided to stay on after they left, and was spotted at a number of glamorous parties, engaging a number of females along the way

Prince Andrew proves popular in St Tropez - Telegraph

Oh I'm sure he is! But don't you ever wonder what he's thinking when they write things like that. . ."They gazed into each other's eyes. . ."
Maybe he's thinking, "You know, she's a pretty gel, but that spinach in her teeth. . . "

What would put me off of Andrew (apart from, shall we say, not at all attractive to my eye, :D) is the 'on holiday with his ex wife'!

What would put me off of Andrew (apart from, shall we say, not at all attractive to my eye, :D) is the 'on holiday with his ex wife'!
Are you the Sir Sean Connery type? (That man just makes me say GRRRowl! :D)

I know. On holiday with your ex.
Should be filed under "Things that make me say: Eeeuuuu!"

Yeah, that might be a bit of a downer for a prospective gf. However, I'm sure there are plenty that would overlook it. (I'll overlook the not attractive to your eye part, tho to each his own - ;))

I'd rather be with someone who is still friendly (read: not still intimate with) with their ex than someone who is absolutely vicious and nasty.....especially when there's children involved. And I'm sure if Andrew were to start seeing someone again, and it grew serious, he would go on holiday with her....not necessarily his ex.

As far as his attractiveness goes, I thought he was the only one of the children who stayed consistently good-looking. All of the other kids were good-looking when they were younger and got progressively homelier as they aged. Andrew just became a very distinguished, handsome gentleman.

Perhaps she sticks along and does not let go......Supposedly they need a family vacation with the girls or whatever.......
I believe that as long as Prince Philip is alive it will never happen but later? I bet these two will get together again.

When one of the girls was born, Point De Vue had her horoscope. It predicted that her parents would separate and get together again in 12 years. Perhaps 12 dog years or 120 but it is strange (at least to me) that the first part came true.
Who knows?? They may end up becoming friendly spouses.

I remember when Beatrice was born on 08/08/88 they said that was very lucky as well. And the Olympics starts that day!

Are you the Sir Sean Connery type? (That man just makes me say GRRRowl! :D)

I know. On holiday with your ex.
Should be filed under "Things that make me say: Eeeuuuu!"
Sean Connery makes me go eeeuuuuu, I'm more the Harrison Ford, William Petersen sort!
Yeah, that might be a bit of a downer for a prospective gf. However, I'm sure there are plenty that would overlook it. (I'll overlook the not attractive to your eye part, tho to each his own - ;))
:flowers:
In Andrew and Fergie's case, it just, IMO, makes him seem weak, he can't cut the cord. He's constantly around her, he's not moving on. But that's just me.
I agree with you on this, it's almost as if she is a surrogate mother, what self respecting man could associate with the wife that had more than one liason that was publicised across the world.

Sean Connery makes me go eeeuuuuu, I'm more the Harrison Ford, William Petersen sort!:flowers: I agree with you on this, it's almost as if she is a surrogate mother, what self respecting man could associate with the wife that had more than one liason that was publicised across the world.

Completely agree with the first and second parts.(especially the Sean C part) eeeuuuuu.
Perhaps PA was quite happy with the marriage even though his wife was obviously having a liason/s, but when it became public knowledge he was more or less forced to act.

I'm more the Harrison Ford, William Petersen sort!
Oh I've had a crush on William Petersen since I first saw him in Manhunter!!:wub:

I think some men are "comfortable" with a spouse, even if they have cheated on them. They just don't want to be alone.

Who's William Petersen?
As for P. Andrew . . . he's obviously able to move on from all that cheating stuff, which says alot of his character. Whatever works, I guess. I wonder how he'd feel, tho, if Sarah were ever to get remarried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom