Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ice for the photo (how cute) and evnovoros for the links. Too bad about Sunninghall but I always thought that place was tacky to begin with. They should tear that monstrous structure down and rebuild something a bit more fitting for the beautiful country area.

All of the Criticism i see is all well and good and i also read all of these top political names banded about that could replace him, however i just wonder how many of these people and others not only from the business world but other fields too have the same level of:

A) The Commitment.
B) The Time.
C) The Determination.
D) The National Loyalty.
E) The First hand knowledge.
F) The Stamina.
G) The Financial clout.
H) The ability to command respect.
I) The Pedigree.
J) The ability to pull strings.
K) The personality and charm.
L) The draw to pull in sponsorship.
M) The team of people to perform.
N) The Will.
O) The same sense of humor.
........ and above all actually want the job :)

Jeeeeeees ....... i could go on forever but i think most people see my point and can at least say something remotely positive on at least more than a handful of the above listed character traits.

I completely agree, goldeye. A Prince of the UK can open doors where others can't and is used to talking to all kinds of different people about all kinds of different things. Prince Andrew also seems to be a quick study, and I like the way that he seems straightforward in interviews.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
goldeye
A & B) The Commitment & The Time. - He appears to spend as little time as possible 'committed' to his job
C) The Determination - to ensure he also gets to play golf perhaps?
D) The National Loyalty - Does he have any, because if he did, he wouldn't have informed us that he is worth every penny he costs us. Nor would he insist on massive payouts to provide bodyguards for his daughters.
E) The First hand knowledge - Of what.
F) The Stamina - Hard work playing golf, being waited on hand and foot and staying in the best places.
G) The Financial clout - It's not his money he is spending!
H) The ability to command respect - He commands all right, whether he earns peoples respect is debatable!
I) The Pedigree - and........
J) The ability to pull strings - For whom, himself.
K) The personality and charm - debatable.
L) The draw to pull in sponsorship - He is supposed to be negotiating deals for UK businesses (only those that have the money), nothing to do with sponseships.
M) The team of people to perform - All doing the work they could do without Andrew in the first place!
N) The Will - See answer to question A.
O) The same sense of humor - as who?
above all actually want the job - There wasn't much else he could do, he had to be seen working to receive taxpayers money.

ARE we talking about the Man or the many Faces of the Man ????

In Reply to your answers ....

I was well impressed with myself actually i managed to get one AND also a DEBATABLE out of you, WOOP !!!! :eek:

D) Are the old PENNIES i personally love them, i have one of these, an original CARTWHEEL PENNY in fact - i used to have a PENNY CHEQUE too but it was stolen. :ermm:

Is there any such thing as NATIONAL LOYALTY left in Britain today ???? It appears the UK Government doesnt have any National Loyalty and the vast majority of the UK people dont have that much either - the UK Tax Paying Public are that busy earning a crust - just to survive - that they dont really have that much time to worry about the UK Country they live in, FULL STOP.

As for the TWO - UK PRINCESSES you mention, as a father with such very lovely and beautiful girls as these two then i would certainly want all the SECURITY i could muster to look after them - especially in the UK Today with so many Illegal Immigrants and Murderers and Perverts and Drug Dealers that have been released into the community from prison early by our LOYAL Government. :bang:

E) GOLF maybe ????

G) Its TAX PAYERS MONEY the entire family are spending.

L) I'm pretty certain that ALL of the Royal Representatives of the UK as a Country contribute to obtaining SPONSORSHIP DEALS for not only UK Businesses but also Individuals and many sports people that represent the UK Country and also many Charitable Organizations too.

O) If you're referring to the WHO POP GROUP then maybe but as WHOM i was thinking more along the lines of the actual BUSINESSMEN and BUSINESSWOMEN, WORLD STATESMEN, POLITICIANS etc, that he gets to meet on his travels. As an ex PLC Business Manager myself i can only say with all knowledge that quite a considerable percentage of MULTI MILLION POUND business contracts and deals are done on the GOLF COURSE.... and in POLE DANCING CLUBS too and SEEDY LONDON BARS and .... need i go on.:cool:

** above all actually want the job - There wasn't much else he could do, he had to be seen working to receive taxpayers money.

I think this also applies to ALL of those Royals throughout the World that receive payments from their respective Tax Payers.

At least you admit you've - SEEN HIM WORKING.:ohmy: This is good right ????

D) Are the old PENNIES i personally love them, i have one of these, an original CARTWHEEL PENNY in fact - i used to have a PENNY CHEQUE too but it was stolen. :ermm:
Do you mean 'ah the old pennies', or 'Are they the old pennies'. The rest of your reply seems to be gobbledegook
Is there any such thing as NATIONAL LOYALTY left in Britain today ????
For a great many people, yes, IMO, but not necessarily Andrew
as a father with such very lovely and beautiful girls as these two then i would certainly want all the SECURITY i could muster to look after them - especially in the UK Today with so many Illegal Immigrants and Murderers and Perverts and Drug Dealers that have been released into the community from prison early by our LOYAL Government.
Then he should pay for it himself if he is that worried about his daughters. The only danger I can see for these two, would be the fashion police.
G) Its TAX PAYERS MONEY the entire family are spending.
Actually Andrew receives payment from HM and from the taxpayer, for playing golf whilst supposedly working
I'm pretty certain that ALL of the Royal Representatives of the UK as a Country contribute to obtaining SPONSORSHIP DEALS for not only UK Businesses
We are talking about Andrew and afaik, he does not seek sponsorship deals. His job is supposedly to encourage international trade and encourage inward investment.
above all actually want the job - There wasn't much else he could do, he had to be seen working to receive taxpayers money.
I think this also applies to ALL of those Royals throughout the World that receive payments from their respective Tax Payers.
Again we are talking about Andrew, who receives a payment separate from the allowance HM gives him, also from taxpayers money. No, I don't dispute that he does some work, just not enough to warrant his earnings.

I wouldn't know about pole dancing or seedy nightclubs, so we will have to rely on your knowledge on whether Andrew frequents them to do business.
1. I was well impressed with myself actually i managed to get one AND also a DEBATABLE out of you, WOOP !!!! - 2. If you're referring to the WHO POP GROUP then maybe but as WHOM i was thinking
It might be better not to make your replies personal. The two sections of your post that I have placed in quotes should read - 1. I was impressed when/that I managed to get a reply from you and your willingness to debate some of my points. (I would also point out that the spelling is whoop). 2. If you are referring to the Who pop group then maybe, but as to whom I was thinking........

Last edited:
Tell us how you really feel, Sky. Ha! A bit harsh now, perhaps? I have to agree w goldeye: Andrew is perfect for his job for all the reasons listed. And believe me, I'm always alert to photos of P Andrew and there are very few of him on the golf course - he's always working!

Tell us how you really feel, Sky. Ha! A bit harsh now, perhaps? I have to agree w goldeye: Andrew is perfect for his job for all the reasons listed. And believe me, I'm always alert to photos of P Andrew and there are very few of him on the golf course - he's always working!
But Bella, you would forgive him anything, whether he worked or not. He could do just about anything or nothing at all and it wouldn't matter to you. :flowers:

The problem is there are very few photo's regarding his 'work', plenty of him coming out of clubs though! Some of the rejects from the Apprentice would probably do a better job, IMO, of course! :flowers:

But Bella, you would forgive him anything, whether he worked or not. He could do just about anything or nothing at all and it wouldn't matter to you. :flowers:

The problem is there are very few photo's regarding his 'work', plenty of him coming out of clubs though! Some of the rejects from the Apprentice would probably do a better job, IMO, of course! :flowers:
I can not deny this, I will say. But - and there's always a but - the past several photos I've seen of him have been of him on some biz jaunt. Not the golf course. Tho I'd take pics of him on the course any day, too. Okay, I confess, I don't care what he's doing, just keep the pics coming.

I can not deny this, I will say. But - and there's always a but - the past several photos I've seen of him have been of him on some biz jaunt. Not the golf course. Tho I'd take pics of him on the course any day, too. Okay, I confess, I don't care what he's doing, just keep the pics coming.
Here's a couple of hotties for you!
http://www.kevmako.com/resources/2003+-+Kevin+$26+Prince+Andrew.JPG

Terrific picture!:flowers: Who's Kevin? The Duke must have been in one of his "slimmer" phases then.

Ah :whistling: please don't go all bossy with me i'm only an illiterate vagabond on the quiet ;)

I'm not getting personal i promise - i never do its just IMO as you put it and besides when it comes to Grammar etc i'm well out of my depth i can tell you.

NOT * gobbledegook * to those that understand i assure you i'm just getting my TWO Penneth in. :)

I have to disagree with your assumptions of who should pay the bill regarding the Security of any Parents Children when traveling around the world on behalf of their Country - i don't care who they are. If the man is not there to look after them himself then the Country should pick up the tab.

I agree with your FASHION POLICE statement - YEEK some of those outfits i'm a fully grown red bloodied male and i have to cringe myself. Mind you i do like the White Clothes they wear, so pure of mind and clean don't you think.

When it comes to who should be doing what i don't see how we can ONLY refer to one single member of an International Team of people obtaining Inward Investment on behalf of Great Britain.
This is just NOT HOW BIG BUSINESS is conducted and NEVER has been. IMO For any representative of a Country or whatever to not seek the best of anything is total madness and that includes Financial Sponsorship as well as Business Investment deals of any description.

I can promise you i imagine most of us have been guilty of Playing ARound when we should be working :whistling: me included, when i was there i liked to Play a round or three in Kent i'd putt my balls on the green then Mark'am with my pennies all in works time i might add :eek:

(LMAO) And no i wouldn't know about the man and pole dancing or seedy nightclubs either, mind you i've been to a few myself i have to admit. Jees when i think back to the things i used to do for business :angel:

Hope you have a nice day :)

Here's a couple of hotties for you!
http://www.kevmako.com/resources/2003+-+Kevin+$26+Prince+Andrew.JPG
Great pic, Russophile!!! Both of them are nice looking men!! Tho you know I'm biased in favor of Prince A all the way.

Ah :whistling: please don't go all bossy with me i'm only an illiterate vagabond on the quiet ;)
I'm not getting personal i promise - i never do its just IMO as you put it and besides when it comes to Grammar etc i'm well out of my depth i can tell you.
I hope not if you were an ex PLC Business Manager!
NOT * gobbledegook * to those that understand i assure you i'm just getting my TWO Penneth in. :)
As you were apparently replying to me, perhaps you would care to explain the, IMO, gobbledegook.
I have to disagree with your assumptions of who should pay the bill regarding the Security of any Parents Children when traveling around the world on behalf of their Country - i don't care who they are. If the man is not there to look after them himself then the Country should pick up the tab.
But we pay out whether he is in the country or not. We pay when these girls take holidays with their mother, when they go to nightclubs, parties etc. Their guards from the protection unit are there whether Andrew is playing on a golf course or tucked up in bed. The risk to these two has been assessed and found to be very, very low. Using your reasoning, that "when traveling around the world on behalf of their Country - i don't care who they are. If the man is not there to look after them himself then the Country should pick up the tab", then we should be paying for protection for every single serviceman/womans daughter, right?
When it comes to who should be doing what i don't see how we can ONLY refer to one single member of an International Team of people obtaining Inward Investment on behalf of Great Britain.
But we are talking about the massive payment (for expenses) that Andrew picks up. The figures do not include the salaries of the civil servants that accompany him. As I said, his remit is to sell UK businesses to international investors and to sell UK products to foreign countries. Imagine him as an ordinary salesman. If someone working as a sales manager came back from an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas and said, 'I didn't manage to sell them any products, but they agreed to sponsor a race at the school sportsday, he would be dismissed'. (Well he would if he worked for me). So no, Andrews job does not involve looking for sponsorship deals as far as I can tell.
I can promise you i imagine most of us have been guilty of Playing ARound when we should be working :whistling: me included, when i was there i liked to Play a round or three in Kent i'd putt my balls on the green then Mark'am with my pennies all in works time i might add :eek:
No, I can't say I have ever played around when I was supposed to be working, but as I am not in paid employment, my hours and days are mine to do what I want with. It is a pity you had to resort to pennies (old or new), when the proper golf ball markers are not that expensive, you can even get them in 22ct now!:D
Hope you have a nice day :)
Oh, I already have! :D

Pics 19.7.2008

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, walks with the Els and Romero group
along the 16th during the third round of the 137th Open Championship
on July 19, 2008 at Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Southport, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

We pay when these girls take holidays with their mother, when they go to nightclubs, parties etc. Their guards from the protection unit are there whether Andrew is playing on a golf course or tucked up in bed.

I remembered reading about the low risk to Beatrice and Eugenie too and I thought they might as well not have guards. Actually I still think they don't "really" need guards. But Andrew's perspective is different from mine, he's their father. Parents can be overprotective. I'm sure from Andrew's point of view even a very very low risk that his girls could be harmed is a risk he wouldn't want to take. I'm not even joking when I say that if I were famous, knowing the way my mom worries (and I'm a few years older than Beatrice and Eugenie) she probably would want the country to pay for me to have bodyguards 24-7!

Self defence lessons are the way to go, at any age. All parents worry about their children, that's part of being a parent, but the cost of protecting them should not fall to the UK taxpayer. :flowers:

Andrew may have picked up the Air-Miles Andy monicker in the late 1990s, but in recent years he does seem to have buttoned down and got on with the Trade job. He seems to be doing a good job in promoting British trade overseas, and has won praise from people who have worked with him. I understand he recently engaged the professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers to evaluate ways in which his effectiveness in the role could be further improved, and evaluated. Results of PwCs work are awaited. It is unfortunate that Andrew at a trade show or a leading a trade delegation is hardly good copy for the UK Press and as a result his work often does not get publicity - unfortunately, every time he steps onto a golf course or goes on holiday he is photographed. This is no different from the treatment of Charles in the 1990s, or Anne, in the 1970s and 1980s - both recovered their public image through continuing their hard work, and one would hope Andrew continues to as well.

That said, he could probably display a bit more judgement in the women he associates himself with, eg: the lady from Kazhakhstan that he took to the royal enclosure at Ascot last year!

Sky ~ I appreciate you holding back on the comments I just know you are dying to make :D

Muriel ~ I totally agree!

Actually, from my remote vantage point, I believe the B&E issue has been handled with supreme finesse. They are visible, yet not too visible and the "Fergie problem" seems to be not a tricky "problem" whatsoever. Now that the first decade, the tributes and that nasty inquest of the late Princess of Wales is over, the "born" royals can go about with their projects and causes.

Everything will change so dramatically the instant when Prince Willam slips a bit of Welsh Gold onto Katherine's finger and the registry is signed.

I see the girls living a very nice life having no shortage of invitations to glorious events for the rest of their lives. Perhaps even one day becoming godparents to William's and Harry's children.

All involved in the lives of these girls should be proud of how graceful things have worked out to be. Really and truly a "happy every after".....for the most part.

Oh, and I must add, that children (especially young adult children!) and grandchildren of the wealthy and the powerful have "shadows". I totally understand and accept Prince Andrew's concern. It is a necessity in this crazy world.

It is unfortunate that Andrew at a trade show or a leading a trade delegation is hardly good copy for the UK Press and as a result his work often does not get publicity - unfortunately, every time he steps onto a golf course or goes on holiday he is photographed. This is no different from the treatment of Charles in the 1990s, or Anne, in the 1970s and 1980s - both recovered their public image through continuing their hard work, and one would hope Andrew continues to as well.

That said, he could probably display a bit more judgement in the women he associates himself with, eg: the lady from Kazhakhstan that he took to the royal enclosure at Ascot last year!

That's a good point that holds true for all royals. If you're someone who never seems to do anything gossip-worthy for recreation, like Princess Anne, all the media can cover about you is your work. On the other hand, if a royal spends even 10% of his time golfing/hanging around with beautiful women and 90% working, the golf is going to get 90% of the coverage. Because who wants to read about economics in a tabloid? :lol:

That's a good point that holds true for all royals. If you're someone who never seems to do anything gossip-worthy for recreation, like Princess Anne, all the media can cover about you is your work. On the other hand, if a royal spends even 10% of his time golfing/hanging around with beautiful women and 90% working, the golf is going to get 90% of the coverage. Because who wants to read about economics in a tabloid? :lol:
Absolutely! Well put.

...On the other hand, if a royal spends even 10% of his time golfing/hanging around with beautiful women and 90% working, the golf is going to get 90% of the coverage. Because who wants to read about economics in a tabloid? :lol:
Or of course, if you ensure any 'work' involves a round or two of golf. :whistling:

I am sorry for interrupting a discussion about The Yorks and their expendetures, but I remember having read somewhere, that however much the British Royals cost us, they help the Economy earn much more, as millions of pounds are earned through royal related events, and tourism to the UK wouldn't be as high if it wouldn't be for the Windsors. The main problem is that they were born royal and not us:ermm:

I am sorry for interrupting a discussion about The Yorks and their expendetures, but I remember having read somewhere, that however much the British Royals cost us, they help the Economy earn much more, as millions of pounds are earned through royal related events, and tourism to the UK wouldn't be as high if it wouldn't be for the Windsors. The main problem is that they were born royal and not us:ermm:
Whereas, I read that when they asked tourists the prime reason for visiting the UK, it was the heritage sites, castles and the like, not the royals themselves. After all they are not guaranteed a sight of the the RF. :flowers:

Whereas, I read that when they asked tourists the prime reason for visiting the UK, it was the heritage sites, castles and the like, not the royals themselves. After all they are not guaranteed a sight of the the RF. :flowers:
Yes, but having a real queen with tiaras and regelia does add much more apeal to us then just say...Germany, who has just as much heritage sights and castles. Believe me in my years of work abroad anyone knowing I am British had what to say about the Queen and her handbags. If you ask a tourist who has 3 days to be in England they go and do the round of the royals, Buckingham palace, changing of the gaurds, London Bridge, Tower hill, Windsor Castle and a whole bunch of souveniers with the Union Jack and The Queen on them. I, being a native of GB, whilst a long weeekend will take my kids to see the needles in the Ile of whight, hever castle in Kent etc.

:previous: But auntie, they could see the changing of the guard without the Royal Family and all the sites you mention would still be there. :flowers:
----------------------
The former home of Prince Andrew could be demolished after its secretive foreign buyers left the property to fall into disrepair, it was reported today.
Sunninghill Park, which was sold for £3million more than the asking price, was a wedding gift to Andrew from the Queen and was dubbed 'SouthYork' after it was compared to Southfork house in the television soap Dallas

Prince Andrew's former £15million mansion 'left to rot and could be demolished' | Mail Online

Skydragon, I see we won't see eye to eye on this, so lets agree to disagree!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom