Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Due of York is being interviewed by CNN right now, he is commenting shorlty on Harry and William (& the army). He commented on his ex-wife shortly (people wanting autographs), about Eugenie who said he was the worlds best dad (he says ' how are you a best dad?' ). He also comments on his economic missions.

Since Prince William's forthcoming role searching for drug-runners in Caribbean waters during a two-month attachment with the Royal Navy was publicised last weekend, the media has been at pains to avoid raising the subject of his brother's dalliance with illegal substances. The Duke of York appears to feel no such need for diplomacy, however

Duke of York jokes about Prince Harry's drugs - Telegraph

Thanks, Russophile and Amelia, for the links. I like a man who speaks his mind.

The Duke of York visits troops in Afghanistan, 7 and 8 June 2008
clear.gif

Royal Insight > Out and About > The Duke of York visits troops in Afghanistan, 7 and 8 June 2008

Thanks for the link, evnovoros. P Andrew looks great in that military garb. Looks like he's lost weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son wasn't able to meet him. He said the Prince was barely able to do what he came to do when word got out he became a target and they had to get him out of there. I'm glad he went though! That's important to our brave men and women over there.

Pics 24.6.2008

Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York tours the LG European Design
centre with Vice Chairman and CEO of LG Electronics Yong Nam
before the official opening, in London, on June 24, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

My son wasn't able to meet him. He said the Prince was barely able to do what he came to do when word got out he became a target and they had to get him out of there. I'm glad he went though! That's important to our brave men and women over there.
Absolutely!!! Hopefully your son will be returning home soon, too.

Great photos, Ice - as usual. I notice a bit more grey around the temples but they only add to his distinguished look. And he's lots a good amount of weight. Striking in that black suit!!!

Absolutely!!! Hopefully your son will be returning home soon, too.
End of the year. But I'm sure he'll be off to another post that will have me flipping out and in need of a straight jacket and copious quantities of Merlot as well!! :D But I told him, if he ever hears or sees anybody over there, HRH Prince Andrew, Charles, etc. to make sure he tries to meet them, it's history after all!

Thanks for all of the links. Andrew appears to be quite knowledgeable about his former job in the Navy;I've noticed that many people don't give him much credit for intelligence and am glad to see a story that shows him talking about something he really understands and really loves.

Pics 30.6.2008

Prince Andrew Duke of York, poses with Milan Mayor Letizia
Moratti during an official visit at Palazzo Marino on June 30,
2008 in Milan, Italy.

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower and the link evnovoros!!! Prince Andrew looks as dashing as ever!

Pic 4.7.2008

You are most welcome :flowers: Here's the newest pic, not
best quality as you'll see, but at least a pic ;)
Prince Andrew, Duke of York watches the men's single Semi Final
match between Roger Federer of Switzerland and Marat Safin of
Russia at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 4,
2008 in London, England

--- > Pic

Pic 6.7.2008

Prince Andrew with old golf clubs made from hickory 400th
anniversary of Blackheath Golf Club, London, Britain - 06 Jul 2008

----> Pic

nice pic of the prince with the queen and the prince philip,me to I didn't realize he had attended the Garden Party.

Last edited:
Iceflower and evnovoros you are the BEST! Thanks for the photos and the links!!!
Thank you, Bella :):) Here are some new pics but this time
I fear you won't like them that much ;)

Andrew at Nobu Berkley restaurant with an unknown woman on
July 4, 2008 , London

Interesting. Looks like they might be talking business.

Thanks, Ice. I can appreciate any pic of my darling Prince Andrew! Another fab blue suit, I see. As for his dining companion, must be a business associate.:whistling:

Pic 13.7.2008

You are surely right ;):)

Ernie Els and HRH Prince Andrew during the third round of the
Barclays Scottish Open held at the Loch Lomond Golf Club in
Loch Lomond, Scotland, July 13, 2008

-----> Pic

It's hard to see much of Andrew's face in this, but his smile is unmistakeable!:)

Well, of course Andrew's smiling! He has the best of both worlds. He can be an ordinary golf fan in the privacy of his home, yet because he's a prince he also gets to meet one of the most famous and successful golf players in the world.

No, I don't want to get into the fact that because he's a prince he gets to use his travels and wealth to play golf. I have a feeling most golf fans would take the same opportunities if they had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom