Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's odd....another board i visit has a news article about the duke opening a museum exhibit here in canada yesterday??!!

Is Harry's really that good? I took a gander at the menu and it looks awfully spendy. Anybody eat there?

Is Harry's really that good? I took a gander at the menu and it looks awfully spendy. Anybody eat there?
Their Veg Risotto is nice and they are more than willing to ensure that their veggie dishes are truly veggie! I believe they are a members only bar, but that might have changed. :flowers:

Does anyone have photos of P Andrew at his nephew's wedding over the weekend?

Andrew always manages to look so good, that sometimes I wonder why he can't persuade his daughters to dress a little more sensibly.

On the other hand, Andrew's a man, so I guess his range of fashion choices is a fair bit more limited!

Pics 19.&20.5.2008

New pics of Andrew :flowers:

Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak speaks with Britain's Prince Andrew
during the World Economic Forum (WEF) on the Middle East in Sharm
el-Sheikh, Egypt, May 19, 2008.
------> Pic

Britain's Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, speaks during the closing
sesseion of the World Economic Forum on the Middle East May 20,
2008 in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks, Ice, as always! I may be biased but I think P Andrew is aging quite well.

There is no other way to say it--Andrew is a good looking, distinguished man.I love looking at him.

From News and Views from The Times and Sunday Times | Times Online:

Prince Andrew gets £3m ‘bonus’ from Kazakh friend

Prince Andrew has sold his house for £3m more than the asking price to a Kazakh tycoon with whom he is said to have had business dealings.
Kenes Rakishev, the 29-year-old head of an energy conglomerate, bought Sunninghill Park, Andrew’s former home, for £15m even though it was marketed at an upper guide price of £12m. There were no other bidders.
Rakishev bought the 12-bedroomed house with his father-in-law, a former Kazakh prime minister, using an offshore company. The deal has been kept a closely guarded secret. It is understood that Andrew met the buyers while on a trip to Kazakhstan, a country he has visited on official business three times since 2003, although more frequently in private. He helps broker business deals in the resource-rich former Soviet republic as part of his role as roving ambassador for British trade, a position for which he is not paid. He is also joint patron of the British-Kazakh Society.

Read the entire article here.

Other articles:

Daily Mail

Mail on Sunday

Last edited:
I thought he sold that place a few years ago?

At least he uloaded that horrendous eye-sore of a property. Was this the same guy (the buyer) who was considering turning the place into some sort of spa?

There's a big demand for spa-type motels these days.

If it's going to be a spa, I wonder whether the buyer will name it "The Duke of York"?:ROFLMAO:

At least he uloaded that horrendous eye-sore of a property. Was this the same guy (the buyer) who was considering turning the place into some sort of spa?

Where is he living now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Lodge

He was given Royal Lodge (former country home of the Queen Mum) after she died.

Great story, thank you evnovoros! I can just see him there w the two microphones! Seems like a good sport. Esp. going to visit his old teacher. I didn't notice any mention of him hitting the golf courses, tho. Hmmm . . . maybe he does more than golf on these international trips.
International????? :ermm: Hopeman is near to Inverness which is in Scotland, part of the UK and there is no decent golf course anywhere in the vicinity, perhaps thats why he didn't hit the golf course! :D

Okay, Sky, I have to ask this because I heard it from BeatrixFan as well, why don't you care for Prince Andrew? I heard because he just doesn't work. I know he's trying his best for this International business thing but I don't know how to measure it's success so, I'll just ask you both: What could Prince Andrew do to be a better royal in your eyes?

(And everybody be nice here! We're looking for constructive criticism!! :D)

Okay, Sky, I have to ask this because I heard it from BeatrixFan as well, why don't you care for Prince Andrew? I heard because he just doesn't work. I know he's trying his best for this International business thing but I don't know how to measure it's success so, I'll just ask you both: What could Prince Andrew do to be a better royal in your eyes?

(And everybody be nice here! We're looking for constructive criticism!! :D)
I have written and rewritten my suggestions and reasons and have come to the conclusion that on this, I am incapable of being nice, so I won't say a word! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom