Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photo, evnovoros! I wonder what he was looking at to have caused that frown? Regardless, he's still fine to look at. Love the long wool coat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 25.3.2008

Prince Andrew, Duke of York leaving George Restaurant
London, England - 25.03.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Nice photos, Iceflower - as usual. He always looks so well groomed. The 2nd photo is a bit funny. Looks like someone is stabbing him in the back or something.

Maybe Andrew was a bit angry about all the photographers,
on the other hand if you look on the following ----> Pic ,
it seems that not all of them recognized him at first sight ;)

Pics from Mediumphoto
Naomi Campbell and Prince Andrew spotted leaving a London restaurant 15 04 08 Naomi Campbell and Prince Andrew spotted leaving a London restaurant where they both attended a party in the early hours of Sunday morning
MediumPhoto

Thanks evnovos and giov for the Andrew links! He's a busy guy. I highly doubt he's involved w that brat NC. Just 'cuz they were seen leaving the same restaurant around the same time doesn't mean they're "together." She's a joke anyhow. Needs to be locked up - psycho beyotch!

thankx for the pix giov - the dark suit and blue tie set of his eyes brilliantly:flowers:

Is it just my imagination or has he stopped wearing both his wedding ring and signet ring in the last year?

Is it just my imagination or has he stopped wearing both his wedding ring and signet ring in the last year?

tbh in picx of prince andrew iv`e seen for the past few years he hasent been wearing his wedding ring but just his signet ring. i`ve seen him with and without it in the past year, he was certanly wearing it when he went to new zealand last year. but wasent when he was in abou dabi (spelling?)

go to

Search Celebrity, News and Sports Photos & Images - Jamd and search prince andrew you`ll see what i mean (the most recent pics are first)

There's something about Prince Andrew's pictures that always make me feel like a girl who believes in Fairy Tales. (sigh)

"Prince Andrew, Britain’s roving business ambassador for seven years, has decided to employ some of the country’s top brains on a personal mission.
The prince has taken on professional-services firm Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) to conduct a review of his performance as the UK’s special trade envoy, with the aim of making his missions more effective."

Price Waterhouse Coopers tests Prince Andrew’s mettle - Times Online

Wow. I'm impressed. That, to me, shows that he is, indeed, interested in being an asset to the UK and not just a roving, pretty playboy. Who'da thunk? :D

He's serious about doing a good job and is quite aware of what his detractors are saying.

"Prince Andrew, Britain’s roving business ambassador for seven years, has decided to employ some of the country’s top brains on a personal mission.
The prince has taken on professional-services firm Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) to conduct a review of his performance as the UK’s special trade envoy, with the aim of making his missions more effective."

Price Waterhouse Coopers tests Prince Andrew’s mettle - Times Online
To me this speaks of desperation to try to alter his playboy image, but they are hardly going to say he is a waster, are they, or that the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Hes doing a fine job! whens the post of Trade Rep open again is their a set term

It's significant that he's paying out-of-pocket for this study IMO.

Very excellent article (with Picture!), LadyCat!!! His answers to some of his critics make sense to me. He comes off very articulate and aware of what he's doing (and what's being said about him).

It's hard to know exactly how successful Andrew is at this job, as he admits somewhat himself. A statement like this sounds more belittling than complimentary: “The further he is away from the UK — in places where people are impressed by meeting a son of the Queen — the more effective he is. But he still needs a few more years under his belt.” If those are the thoughts of all the companies he's working for, maybe he's not the best person for the job.

But does he want to be, and is he working flat-out to try to be successful at his job? From everything I read about him, it seems like Andrew feels a pretty strong need to prove himself.

I think, like most people, Andrew's gotten more serious as he's grown older, but the public perception hasn't caught up with that yet, and still thinks he's a playboy.

I think you are right n target with your last comment. Hopefully he will eventually outgrow the playboy image, maybe when he's, oh, say 80!

With regard to the remark about the further he is away from the UK being belittling, it does sound a bit condescending, however Andrew acknowledges that they European market is a done deal, it is other countries the UK needs to development business and trade with.

All in all the article was a positive one, and he sounds very knowledgeable and self-aware.

Cat

Loved the video! Andrew's dry humor came shining through. It almost seemed as though he made up his speech on the fly.

Cat

I love that Andrew likes my own favourite part of my country so much :D The Canadian north is an inspiring place. Actually, he sounds like he's had more firsthand experience with it than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom