Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me but I hope they don't get it back together. I can't stand that woman guffawing all over the place and going on about her hard done by she is. And before you say anything it's not because she's ginger, it's because she's bloody awful.

Not me but I hope they don't get it back together. I can't stand that woman guffawing all over the place and going on about her hard done by she is. And before you say anything it's not because she's ginger, it's because she's bloody awful.
Are you partial to gingers B? You know Mr. Russo just L'Orealed me a lovely auburn shade (to hide the gray you know! :D).
I don't think they ought to get back together either, but I don't know what they're doing, being co-dependant? It would be nice to see Andrew with somebody who can help him like Camilla does with Charles, but Charles has a big role in England, Andrew has only stumbled into this position and is trying to carve something out of it. What, I don't really know. . .

Well I'm a bottle red myself. Not ginger. Anywho, news just in;

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince Andrew rebukes US on Iraq

The man is a moron. I think I prefer him playing golf. What is with Andrew? Not content with wasting tax payers money in an invented "job", he now thinks he's a war expert and foreign office spokesperson.

Well he IS entitled to his opinion. As far as his upcoming trip to the States and this comment, yeah, it's definately moronic: He's not going to win any fans with it and isn't he supposed to be making nice with US so we have better trade relations?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a very good UKT&I Rep with remarks like that! What a plonk. :bang:

I don't quite understand what he point is. He says "we've won some we've lost some" or something like that. That's true of the US as well. What provoked this commentary? I'm not saying he's wrong to say the US should listen to the UK on some measures of foreign policy, but I'm not sure what he's trying to say.

I used to rather like Andrew; I found him endearing and charming. Boy, was I WRONG. First, why in the world is Prince Andrew sharing his views about the US and Iraq? I mean, we're all entitled to our opinions, but he didn't articulate very well the point he was attempting to make, so he only sounds uninformed and critical. If you're going to criticize.....

But, even more than that--this 100,0000 pound private airplane--goodness. That is a bit steep--and we haven't added in any hotels, staff, food, golfing excursions, etc....It's rather extravagant, don't you think, for a trade ambassador.

And, I was shocked, really shocked, that Sarah's settlement from the divorce was only 300.000 pounds--you've got to be kidding me! I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I feel so sorry for Sarah. Especially now that Andrew sold their house for 15 million pounds and is not giving any to Sarah. That's just low.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it was Andrew's originally to sell. It was a gift from HM but--again, I'm not sure here--did she put it in a trust so that neither could get to it?? And gift it to him later to be able to sell??

I thought she signed it over to him at some point--

I may be wrong, but I don't think it was Andrew's originally to sell. It was a gift from HM but--again, I'm not sure here--did she put it in a trust so that neither could get to it?? And gift it to him later to be able to sell??
It was a gift with no clauses as far as I can remember, HM doesn't put ties on gifts to her children. :flowers:

The prince has many well-to-do friends that would glady offer him the use of their plane so to me, that would have been the most logical and best PR for the Duke. And then they can stop to play a few rounds here and there..even in February, there are a few warmish days for golf....

His views on the war come from a man who has himself been in harm's way, but I feel he doesn't quite get the whole enchilada...He might do well to ask Fergie's friends, the Wyatt's..Steve and Lynn...but wait, he can't ask Oscar because he has been imprisoned for his dealings with Saddam Hussein..

His views on the war come from a man who has himself been in harm's way, but I feel he doesn't quite get the whole enchilada...He might do well to ask Fergie's friends, the Wyatt's..Steve and Lynn...but wait, he can't ask Oscar because he has been imprisoned for his dealings with Saddam Hussein..
:ROFLMAO:
I heard Oscar was "one mean sum b*tch" if you crossed him. I'm sure Miss Lynn would gladly glom (sic) onto HRH Andrew, she was trying to jockey a position in the Grimaldi harem when Ranier was alive.

That's a good article. I posted on another thread the question: Does what Prince Andrew do, this job of his, does it really work?
And indeed, it looks very successful!

I've seen that article before, and I particularly noticed the writer's statements that Prince Andrew conversed with her about an "arcane aspect of Swiss business tax" and was well-briefed enough to engage in detailed argument. I noticed these comments because Prince Andrew has also struck me as quite well-informed whenever I've seen him interviewed about his job. Like his recent CNN interview...I recall him mentioning the exact figures for the 2006-2007 increase in UK exports to the US (or US exports to the UK; see, as a member of the general public, I've already demonstrated myself to be a lot less informed about economics than him! :lol:

I'm not saying Prince Andrew doesn't like to have fun, but everything I've seen/read about his role suggests that it doesn't just involve him jetting around the world to shake people's hands and read speeches written for him. It seems to be a genuinely needed job and one which he has honestly worked hard to learn.

The Duke of York, Prince Andrew Albert Christian Edward of the United Kingdom waves his hand as he arrives at Halim Perdanakusuma airport, in Jakarta, Indonesia, 03 March 2008. The prince will visit Indonesia as a special envoy of the United Kingdom for the international trade and investment. He also will meet with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on 05 March 2008,

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Pics 4.3.2008

Prince Andrew of Britain with Indonesian Trade Minister Mari
Pangestu before their meeting in Jakarta on March 4, 2008.
Prince Andrew is on a three-day visit as a special representative
for British trade and investment.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I could not agree more, dear Bella :flowers: So here are
some more pics from after the meeting yesterday:

Indonesian Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Purnomo Yusgiantoro
(C-R) and The Duke of York Andrew Edward (C-L) pose for photographers
after a meeting in Jakarta on March 4, 2008. Andrew visited Indonesia as
the UK's Special Representatives for International Trade and Investment
will meet Indonesian Presidents Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and several
Economic Ministers for promoting UK as an attractive business destination
and to improve the economic prospect between the two countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Ice, you're my Hero!! Great pics! He looks really good these days! Lost a bit of weight and actually has a youthful look. I really enjoyed the 2nd photo. How adorble. Why hasn't some women scooped this man up? No one answer that.

That's what I ask myself for years as well, Bella :flowers:

Here are pics from today, Andrew was in a great mood again:

Britain's Duke of York Andrew with Indonesian Defence Minister
Juwono Sudarsono prior to a meeting in Jakarta on March 6, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Perfect way to start my day! Thanks, Ice! I esp. like the 1st and last photos with that cute little smile. He's looking quite a bit toned, too. Guess the golf pays off (couldn't resist).

Prince Andrew looks great! I wonder whether perhaps he just doesn't want to get married again.

Why hasn't some women scooped this man up? No one answer that.
Who would want to take up with a married man, because despite the divorce, he still seems to be married to his ex, it's just they get separate tax allowances! :rolleyes:

Who would want to take up with a married man, because despite the divorce, he still seems to be married to his ex, it's just they get separate tax allowances! :rolleyes:
Wonder if that's to weed out the ones he doesn't want?? :rolleyes:
How many countries is he hitting? And is he using a private jet for the Asian side of it?

Prince Daniel vincent

I was so glad to hear Andrew was in Jakarta. It is a beautiful city as I went there in 1974. I am happy Britain is trading in the Indonesian/Malaysian area and well done Andrew with the results of your talks. Perhaps increased trade to Australia is needed.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Perhaps Sarah really was/is the Love of his Life. If that's the case, he may never remarry. I just hope he's happy in the situaiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom