Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 20.1.2008

Golf is still a theme ;) and Andrew still is in Abu Dhabi,
here are the newest pics from today:

Britain's Prince Andrew presents Martin Kaymer of Germany his
trophy after he won the two-million-dollar Abu Dhabi Golf Championship
2008 at Abu Dhabi club, 20 January 2008. Kaymer won by four shots
over England's Lee Westwood and Henrik Stenson of Sweden.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Words, you will be pleased to know, fail me!
titanic-058.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me of when other royals hand aout trophies and such at polo. Diana did it a few times and the Queen has also.

I would also point out, again, that he is not just a businessman drumming up trade for his company, he is a member of the royal family supposedly earning his keep.

A businessman on the golf course also has to earn his keep - with his companay that is. Companies pay for the golf club memberships of their senior officials and they expect a return on investment with them.

In these days of cost cutting, if a business doesn't think the game of golf is worthwhile they won't pay for it. But they do pay for it and they show no signs of stopping. While companies cut out tickets to the Super Bowl, World Cup, and the World Series they do support the game of golf. My boss, a woman, was told that she needed to learn it to get ahead in the business because the golf course was where all the most important decisions in the company were made.

Golf overall is the passport to the business world and as a trade representative for Britain, I would expect Andrew to be on the golf course a lot whether he likes it or not. The fact that he likes it is good for the business connections and he's also brought up Britain's profile in the world of golf.

Just for clarification

Prince Andrew played in the Pro-Am. Most tournaments have Pro-Ams attached to them prior to the actual start of tournament play. People pay huge money to play golf with the pros and celebrities, and the money goes to charity.

Pics 21.1.2008

Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York gives his speech during the opening of
World Future Energy Summit(WFES) 2008 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
on 21 January 2008. The international Abu Dhabi meeting aims at discussing
energy security and future policy options.

As you can see on the first pic, Beatrice was with him.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

THANKS ICE for all the photos!!! Yum. I find this man incredibly attractive. I esp. like the photo his image on the Big Screen. How fab is that?? Though I will say if you look at Photo 4 he does sort of - and I mean sort of - resemble Charles (I think it's his position).

I notice Pss B is with him in the 1st photo. I guess she's not just there for fun in the sun. Hopefully she's learning diplomatic protocol and how to project good PR for her country.

Andrew is attractive, there is no doubt--but Charles is quite attractive as well; They are two different figures--Charles is always quite dapper and elegant, sophisticated and Andrew has the rogue-ish type of good looks. They do have same nose, though.
And, in picture 3---he looks SOOOO good.

Last edited:
I thought he looked rather tired. Too much time on the links?? :D

Pics 23.1.2008

You are so welcome :flowers::flowers:

I think Andrew himself would be quite amazed if he knew how
popular he is amongst women here ;):)
He now is in Switzerland, I wonder if Bea is still with him.

The Duke of York gestures while speaking during a session at the World
Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Wednesday Jan. 23, 2008. Amid
a backdrop of concern over the health of the global economy, some 2, 500
business and political leaders gathered Wednesday for the annual World
Economic Forum, with a sober assessment of market turmoil at the top
of the agenda.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Great photos, Ice. He looks like a real businessman (for those in doubt :D). And attractive as ever. I didn't realize he was in Switzerland, thanks for that tidbit.

Looks like those in the US will get a morning "visit" with Prince Andrew?? :flowers:
He will be giving Meredith from the TODAY show a tour of Buckingham Palace on this morning's show. The segment will air sometime after the first 1/2 hour.

Looks like those in the US will get a morning "visit" with Prince Andrew?? :flowers:
He will be giving Meredith from the TODAY show a tour of Buckingham Palace on this morning's show. The segment will air sometime after the first 1/2 hour.

I'm wondering if this is a preview for his future visit as UKSRIT to the USA next month (Wednesday, Feb 6th - Friday, Feb 15th)?

Someone needs to tell his IT team to make an attempt to keep his website updated. They have not posted any information on his Middle East trip nor his future trip to the USA. :rolleyes:

Yes, I heard about this but only after I already got to work. Bummer. Are you able to watch it (or tape it) and give us all the details?

Yes, I heard about this but only after I already got to work. Bummer. Are you able to watch it (or tape it) and give us all the details?

According to what has been said on the show, the interview is being taped today and broadcast tomorrow (Tuesday).

P.S. edited to add: They have shown a few scenes. Meredith outside BP saying that she and her crew saw a car drive past them going into BP and they kept waving it to get out of their way, only to discover soon after that it was the car taking Prince Andrew to BP! Also a short clip showing Andrew greeting some people inside and Beatrice was with him (it looked like her to me, anyway).

Last edited:
Great! There's hope yet!

I have it recorded but haven't had chance to watch yet. I already have tomorrow's show set to record.

During one of the "talk Back" segments between Meredith and Matt Lauer it was mentioned that Prince Andrew will be visiting the US next week.

During one of the "talk Back" segments between Meredith and Matt Lauer it was mentioned that Prince Andrew will be visiting the US next week.
Ooooh, this is interesting. Did they say where he was headed or why he's coming?

Bella--No they didn't other than joking with Meredith about inviting him over for tea. I checked the Royal site and they do have Prince Andrew listed as visiting the US for 10 day starting mid week next week. It is to do with the Trade Industry job.

Well at least he got rid of that eyesore house but isn't he in another grace and favor residence? I would have used the proceeds of the house to pay for the trip, but that's just me. . . .

Thanks for the link, Angela. This doesn't play too well for Andrew. Though in a sense I can understand the need for a private plane because commercial airlines might not always be able to accommodate his time schedule. Does that sound like I'm reaching? Still, he should foot the bill for the private plane.
I agree that he should.
Why doesn't Sarah find her own place? This will cause problems if Andrew wants to get serious. Mr. Russo's ex and the mother of his son calls not less than 4 times a day. I knew this going in and am okay with it, though she drives us batty. When Mr. Russo's son gets into college, I expect a SIGNIFICANT decrease in calls. There has to be boundries set. I am hoping Andrew is doing this out of respect for the mother of his children, but still, Sarah has her own money and resources. . . :confused:

Mr. Russo's ex and the mother of his son calls not less than 4 times a day. I knew this going in and am okay with it, though she drives us batty. When Mr. Russo's son gets into college, I expect a SIGNIFICANT decrease in calls.
Don't get too hopeful, there then comes the 'Have you heard from ??? this morning, evening weekend', etc! :lol: Then when he gets married, the 1000's of calls to discuss everything including the kitchen sink. Who is/isn't coming, who sits where, I want to wear sky blue pink.... Oh the list is endless!!! :lol::lol:
---------------
I don't think Andrew or Sarah will ever get serious with other partners, they have too much of a good thing going at the moment.

Don't get too hopeful, there then comes the 'Have you heard from ??? this morning, evening weekend', etc! :lol: Then when he gets married, the 1000's of calls to discuss everything including the kitchen sink. Who is/isn't coming, who sits where, I want to wear sky blue pink.... Oh the list is endless!!! :lol::lol:
---------------
I don't think Andrew or Sarah will ever get serious with other partners, they have too much of a good thing going at the moment.
Well he has to talk to her right now because the son is 12. But Mr. Russo tries to ignore her as much as possible, so I would imagine that she will be ignored more on a regular basis when the son goes to college. If not, I might have to find a permanent bar stool somewhere. . . .:lol:

You know, that's an interesting thing with Andrew and Sarah, will they? Won't they? Who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom