The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

You know, that could be an excellent "Caption This" opportunity such as, "But Prince Andrew, that isn't a fabric top, it's my knickers!"

Hmm. I think there are others that can do better!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Pics from Monday, I wish we would know what Andrew was
laughing about, it's so funny to see..

The Duke of York talks to 86-year-old Margaret Keith from Hounslow
as he visits the offices of Innocent smoothies in west London, 15 Oct:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
I don't know but she looks far from amused!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Those pics are too funny, Iceflower! I esp. like the expression on the woman's face. It's though she's looking at him thinking he's lost his mind. Even in mad laughter, Prince Andrew is still handsome!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Those pics are too funny, Iceflower! I esp. like the expression on the woman's face. It's though she's looking at him thinking he's lost his mind. Even in mad laughter, Prince Andrew is still handsome!
He is most assuredly handsome but is it me, or is he getting a bit portly?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
He is most assuredly handsome but is it me, or is he getting a bit portly?
I think it depends on the photo. In some he looks heavier. I dunno . . . a man w a little meat on him is never really a bad thing. Esp. if it's P. Andrew!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think it depends on the photo. In some he looks heavier. I dunno . . . a man w a little meat on him is never really a bad thing. Esp. if it's P. Andrew!
This is true!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Nobility

He's rumoured to be the Queen's favourite child isn't he? He looks very relaxed at his engagements, seems genuine.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
He's rumoured to be the Queen's favourite child isn't he?

Well, yes,... when Edward isn't being rumored as favorite, ...or when Anne isn't being reported to have become very close to her mother and favored....
I guess the only one never to have held the rumored favorite position is Charles. It's all rumors, though.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4 View Post
Well, yes,... when Edward isn't being rumored as favorite, ...or when Anne isn't being reported to have become very close to her mother and favored....
I guess the only one never to have held the rumored favorite position is Charles. It's all rumors, though.
Yeah, poor Charles is the odd one out, or at least I know he definitely isn't his father's favorite. Andrew was the favorite growing up, but I don't know about know, Anne shares her mother's love with horses and now with Zara they are 3 generations of horse finatics.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Courtier

I heard they call Anne Princess Grumpy...not surprised...she always looks miserable. Andrew always looks so pleasant and seemingly a lot of fun to be around.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4 View Post
Definitely. The Queen's supposed favorite is all depending on the subjective view expressed. All the commentators have varying ideas about that one.
It's the same with the speculation about her "favorite" grandchild. No one knows really, but many have a theory about it.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I heard they call Anne Princess Grumpy...not surprised...she always looks miserable. Andrew always looks so pleasant and seemingly a lot of fun to be around.
I'd be grumpy too with all those damnedable paps around! I always laugh when I hear them quote her as saying "Naff off!"
Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

(I can say that, can't I? It doesn't mean anything in America. . .)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

I've heard Prince Andrew was his mother's favorite (if that's possible - I'm not a mum so I have no clue). I guess because she was already experienced having children and she was pretty comfortable in her role as HM, she was able to enjoy Andrew more than she was allowed her older two children. And I guess Andrew was a delightful baby. At least that's what I've heard.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I've heard Prince Andrew was his mother's favorite (if that's possible - I'm not a mum so I have no clue).
I am a mother, and believe me, the "favorite" designation can change from day to day, hour to hour even.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
And I guess Andrew was a delightful baby. At least that's what I've heard.
I think he surely was a delightful baby and child. In the book Royal Children (Seward) there are the cutest pics of him and Edward growing up. Apparently, Andrew was a little troublemaker from the word go.

I am not a parent either but it has long been my suspicion that parents tend to have varying favortism towards their kids. I think each child is so unique, so a parent in a sense views each child as a kind of favorite but for a different reason(s) for each child.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I could never favor one child of mine to the other. I always told them I loved them both the same.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Well he's one of the youngest...usually they get the most attention.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes but they have different traits. My eldest was witty and funny and a ham. My youngest was shy and introverted and had his own little things that he did well. A good mother can't favor one or the other. You appreciate them for who they are and for what they are.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

A plane carrying Prince Andrew has been involved in an emergency as it came into land at Edinburgh Airport

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Prince's plane in landing alert

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew