The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
What would put me off of Andrew (apart from, shall we say, not at all attractive to my eye, ) is the 'on holiday with his ex wife'!
Are you the Sir Sean Connery type? (That man just makes me say GRRRowl! )

I know. On holiday with your ex.
Should be filed under "Things that make me say: Eeeuuuu!"

Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What would put me off of Andrew (apart from, shall we say, not at all attractive to my eye, ) is the 'on holiday with his ex wife'!
Yeah, that might be a bit of a downer for a prospective gf. However, I'm sure there are plenty that would overlook it. (I'll overlook the not attractive to your eye part, tho to each his own - )

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd rather be with someone who is still friendly (read: not still intimate with) with their ex than someone who is absolutely vicious and nasty.....especially when there's children involved. And I'm sure if Andrew were to start seeing someone again, and it grew serious, he would go on holiday with her....not necessarily his ex.

As far as his attractiveness goes, I thought he was the only one of the children who stayed consistently good-looking. All of the other kids were good-looking when they were younger and got progressively homelier as they aged. Andrew just became a very distinguished, handsome gentleman.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she sticks along and does not let go......Supposedly they need a family vacation with the girls or whatever.......
I believe that as long as Prince Philip is alive it will never happen but later? I bet these two will get together again.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

When one of the girls was born, Point De Vue had her horoscope. It predicted that her parents would separate and get together again in 12 years. Perhaps 12 dog years or 120 but it is strange (at least to me) that the first part came true.
Who knows?? They may end up becoming friendly spouses.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember when Beatrice was born on 08/08/88 they said that was very lucky as well. And the Olympics starts that day!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Are you the Sir Sean Connery type? (That man just makes me say GRRRowl! )

I know. On holiday with your ex.
Should be filed under "Things that make me say: Eeeuuuu!"
Sean Connery makes me go eeeuuuuu, I'm more the Harrison Ford, William Petersen sort!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Yeah, that might be a bit of a downer for a prospective gf. However, I'm sure there are plenty that would overlook it. (I'll overlook the not attractive to your eye part, tho to each his own - )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
In Andrew and Fergie's case, it just, IMO, makes him seem weak, he can't cut the cord. He's constantly around her, he's not moving on. But that's just me.
I agree with you on this, it's almost as if she is a surrogate mother, what self respecting man could associate with the wife that had more than one liason that was publicised across the world.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Sean Connery makes me go eeeuuuuu, I'm more the Harrison Ford, William Petersen sort! I agree with you on this, it's almost as if she is a surrogate mother, what self respecting man could associate with the wife that had more than one liason that was publicised across the world.
Completely agree with the first and second parts.(especially the Sean C part) eeeuuuuu.
Perhaps PA was quite happy with the marriage even though his wife was obviously having a liason/s, but when it became public knowledge he was more or less forced to act.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm more the Harrison Ford, William Petersen sort!
Oh I've had a crush on William Petersen since I first saw him in Manhunter!!

I think some men are "comfortable" with a spouse, even if they have cheated on them. They just don't want to be alone.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Who's William Petersen?
As for P. Andrew . . . he's obviously able to move on from all that cheating stuff, which says alot of his character. Whatever works, I guess. I wonder how he'd feel, tho, if Sarah were ever to get remarried.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Who's William Petersen?
BELLA!!! CSI!! Was the first to play Will Graham in Manhunter, which was originally Red Dragon (see Hannibal Lector) he was in Cousins with Isabella Rossalini, Amazing Grace and Chuck, Beast, Fear, etc. . . I could go on but Warren will put the big kibosh on it!

As to PA, I think he's a better man than me. I would have a real hard time trying to trust after an infidelity!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
When one of the girls was born, Point De Vue had her horoscope. It predicted that her parents would separate and get together again in 12 years. Perhaps 12 dog years or 120 but it is strange (at least to me) that the first part came true.
Who knows?? They may end up becoming friendly spouses.
How very strange! Did Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson finalize their divorce in 1996? I think it's very interesting that one of the girls' horoscopes would say such a thing, because if they did divorce in 1996, this year would be the 12th year since their divorce was granted.

The Sun online has an article showing a photo of Sarah Ferguson arriving at Balmoral day before yesterday (August 7, 2008) with Prince Andrew and royal princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. As the Queen is currently in residence at Balmoral, I think that is a big deal. Sarah must have had some sort of reconciliation with the Queen! I found several articles about this interesting development, starting with the article from The Sun.

"...The Duchess of York arrived at the Scottish castle last night with ex Prince Andrew and girls Beatrice, 20 today, and Eugenie, 18. She will spend the weekend at the Royal retreat celebrating Beatrice’s birthday."

Fergie joins Queen at Balmoral | The Sun |News|Royals

There are other articles, including one from the Telegraph.

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, enjoys first Royal holiday in 16 years - Telegraph

Sarah Ferguson's Balmoral visit

Sarah was allowed to be present at Prince Andrew's Knight of the Garter Investiture in 2006, and now she is being allowed to visit Balmoral while the Queen is in residence. I think it's possible she is slowly being brought back into the royal fold.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Courtier

The 2 newspaper articles are wrong, it's not the first time in 16 years since Sarah was at Balmoral with the Queen. She was invited there 3 years ago when the Queen ( and Prince Philip) were in residence. The newspapers carried the same headlines (!) Also Prince Philip isn't on the Isle of Wight this weekend, he was there last weekend and he carried out official engagements there until Tuesday. He's in Scotland as he's got official engagements in Scotland. ( all information can be found in newspaper archives and the court circular! Would be nice if journalists did some research!)
Old 08-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, the articles that said Sarah hadn't been back to Balmoral since the separation were wrong. I noticed that too. I saw her on an American talk show about three years ago where she was talking about being back to Balmoral for the first time since the marriage ended...she said Andrew didn't tell her until shortly before they had to leave because he knew she would get really nervous. (Not too surprisingly, given what is said about Prince Philip's attitude towards her!)

If I had to guess on a date Andrew and Sarah would get back together, it wouldn't be 2008, it would be 2015, give or take a year. I have what I consider to be pretty good reasons for thinking this, but they wouldn't make sense to anyone here, so I'll keep them to myself!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

I thought Sarah was romantically involved with someone, though? There's even been talk of marriage, though I tend to doubt that.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I thought Sarah was romantically involved with someone, though? There's even been talk of marriage, though I tend to doubt that.
There are some relationships that can run parralel to another one even if one is platonic. I believe that Sarah and Andrew have that connection that goes beyond the girls or duty or whatever one can call it.
Is Prince Andrew currently involved in a serious relationship? Is anyone in this forum into astrology?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
This is her good friend but they both deny that they are dating. Norwegian tycoon Geir Frantzen
Old 08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

It's been said you can pick your friends but not your family. I think it's wonderful the whole family, not just the Yorks, get together for Beatrice's birthday. Too bad the tabloids can't get pass that one thing from 16 years ago, when the people involved have all seemingly moved on.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do not think it is the tabloids that cannot get over "that thing" from 16 years ago.
I believe it is Prince Philip, Princess Anne, perhaps the Queen who cannot forget the embarrassment. It was not exactly a peck on the cheek we are talking about.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Majesty

What bothers me the most about Sarah's dalliances is how the girls were around so often. That picture of little Beatrice, naked, standing close to Steve Wyatt just makes my skin crawl. And the girls were around while Sarah was playing with her "financial advisor" as well. Talk about a lack of boundaries!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
It was not exactly a peck on the cheek we are talking about.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew