The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Andrew brings party to SW19 - Wimbledon 2008 Championships – Tennis - Telegraph

And thanks for the photos, Iceflower!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Andrew at the Garden Party, Buckingham Palace, London, Britain - 08 Jul 2008 .
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Old 07-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Prince Andrew at the Garden Party, Buckingham Palace, London, Britain - 08 Jul 2008 .
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Great photo, giov. Even tho P Andrew is squinting against the sun. I didn't realize he had attended the Garden Party. I love it when he's dressed up like that.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Nobility

nice pic of the prince with the queen and the prince philip,me to I didn't realize he had attended the Garden Party.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Iceflower and evnovoros you are the BEST! Thanks for the photos and the links!!!
Thank you, Bella Here are some new pics but this time
I fear you won't like them that much

Andrew at Nobu Berkley restaurant with an unknown woman on
July 4, 2008 , London

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Majesty

Interesting. Looks like they might be talking business.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Ice. I can appreciate any pic of my darling Prince Andrew! Another fab blue suit, I see. As for his dining companion, must be a business associate.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Pic 13.7.2008

You are surely right

Ernie Els and HRH Prince Andrew during the third round of the
Barclays Scottish Open held at the Loch Lomond Golf Club in
Loch Lomond, Scotland, July 13, 2008

-----> Pic
Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Majesty

It's hard to see much of Andrew's face in this, but his smile is unmistakeable!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Well, of course Andrew's smiling! He has the best of both worlds. He can be an ordinary golf fan in the privacy of his home, yet because he's a prince he also gets to meet one of the most famous and successful golf players in the world.

No, I don't want to get into the fact that because he's a prince he gets to use his travels and wealth to play golf. I have a feeling most golf fans would take the same opportunities if they had them.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Ice for the photo (how cute) and evnovoros for the links. Too bad about Sunninghall but I always thought that place was tacky to begin with. They should tear that monstrous structure down and rebuild something a bit more fitting for the beautiful country area.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:31 PM

All of the Criticism i see is all well and good and i also read all of these top political names banded about that could replace him, however i just wonder how many of these people and others not only from the business world but other fields too have the same level of:

A) The Commitment.
B) The Time.
C) The Determination.
D) The National Loyalty.
E) The First hand knowledge.
F) The Stamina.
G) The Financial clout.
H) The ability to command respect.
I) The Pedigree.
J) The ability to pull strings.
K) The personality and charm.
L) The draw to pull in sponsorship.
M) The team of people to perform.
N) The Will.
O) The same sense of humor.
........ and above all actually want the job

Jeeeeeees ....... i could go on forever but i think most people see my point and can at least say something remotely positive on at least more than a handful of the above listed character traits.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Majesty

I completely agree, goldeye. A Prince of the UK can open doors where others can't and is used to talking to all kinds of different people about all kinds of different things. Prince Andrew also seems to be a quick study, and I like the way that he seems straightforward in interviews.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

goldeye
A & B) The Commitment & The Time. - He appears to spend as little time as possible 'committed' to his job
C) The Determination - to ensure he also gets to play golf perhaps?
D) The National Loyalty - Does he have any, because if he did, he wouldn't have informed us that he is worth every penny he costs us. Nor would he insist on massive payouts to provide bodyguards for his daughters.
E) The First hand knowledge - Of what.
F) The Stamina - Hard work playing golf, being waited on hand and foot and staying in the best places.
G) The Financial clout - It's not his money he is spending!
H) The ability to command respect - He commands all right, whether he earns peoples respect is debatable!
I) The Pedigree - and........
J) The ability to pull strings - For whom, himself.
K) The personality and charm - debatable.
L) The draw to pull in sponsorship - He is supposed to be negotiating deals for UK businesses (only those that have the money), nothing to do with sponseships.
M) The team of people to perform - All doing the work they could do without Andrew in the first place!
N) The Will - See answer to question A.
O) The same sense of humor - as who?
above all actually want the job - There wasn't much else he could do, he had to be seen working to receive taxpayers money.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 AM

ARE we talking about the Man or the many Faces of the Man ????

In Reply to your answers ....

I was well impressed with myself actually i managed to get one AND also a DEBATABLE out of you, WOOP !!!!

D) Are the old PENNIES i personally love them, i have one of these, an original CARTWHEEL PENNY in fact - i used to have a PENNY CHEQUE too but it was stolen.

Is there any such thing as NATIONAL LOYALTY left in Britain today ???? It appears the UK Government doesnt have any National Loyalty and the vast majority of the UK people dont have that much either - the UK Tax Paying Public are that busy earning a crust - just to survive - that they dont really have that much time to worry about the UK Country they live in, FULL STOP.

As for the TWO - UK PRINCESSES you mention, as a father with such very lovely and beautiful girls as these two then i would certainly want all the SECURITY i could muster to look after them - especially in the UK Today with so many Illegal Immigrants and Murderers and Perverts and Drug Dealers that have been released into the community from prison early by our LOYAL Government.

E) GOLF maybe ????

G) Its TAX PAYERS MONEY the entire family are spending.

L) I'm pretty certain that ALL of the Royal Representatives of the UK as a Country contribute to obtaining SPONSORSHIP DEALS for not only UK Businesses but also Individuals and many sports people that represent the UK Country and also many Charitable Organizations too.

O) If you're referring to the WHO POP GROUP then maybe but as WHOM i was thinking more along the lines of the actual BUSINESSMEN and BUSINESSWOMEN, WORLD STATESMEN, POLITICIANS etc, that he gets to meet on his travels. As an ex PLC Business Manager myself i can only say with all knowledge that quite a considerable percentage of MULTI MILLION POUND business contracts and deals are done on the GOLF COURSE.... and in POLE DANCING CLUBS too and SEEDY LONDON BARS and .... need i go on.

** above all actually want the job - There wasn't much else he could do, he had to be seen working to receive taxpayers money.

I think this also applies to ALL of those Royals throughout the World that receive payments from their respective Tax Payers.

At least you admit you've - SEEN HIM WORKING. This is good right ????
Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeye View Post
D) Are the old PENNIES i personally love them, i have one of these, an original CARTWHEEL PENNY in fact - i used to have a PENNY CHEQUE too but it was stolen.
Do you mean 'ah the old pennies', or 'Are they the old pennies'. The rest of your reply seems to be gobbledegook
Quote:
Is there any such thing as NATIONAL LOYALTY left in Britain today ????
For a great many people, yes, IMO, but not necessarily Andrew
Quote:
as a father with such very lovely and beautiful girls as these two then i would certainly want all the SECURITY i could muster to look after them - especially in the UK Today with so many Illegal Immigrants and Murderers and Perverts and Drug Dealers that have been released into the community from prison early by our LOYAL Government.
Then he should pay for it himself if he is that worried about his daughters. The only danger I can see for these two, would be the fashion police.
Quote:
G) Its TAX PAYERS MONEY the entire family are spending.
Actually Andrew receives payment from HM and from the taxpayer, for playing golf whilst supposedly working
Quote:
I'm pretty certain that ALL of the Royal Representatives of the UK as a Country contribute to obtaining SPONSORSHIP DEALS for not only UK Businesses
We are talking about Andrew and afaik, he does not seek sponsorship deals. His job is supposedly to encourage international trade and encourage inward investment.
Quote:
above all actually want the job - There wasn't much else he could do, he had to be seen working to receive taxpayers money.
I think this also applies to ALL of those Royals throughout the World that receive payments from their respective Tax Payers.
Again we are talking about Andrew, who receives a payment separate from the allowance HM gives him, also from taxpayers money. No, I don't dispute that he does some work, just not enough to warrant his earnings.

I wouldn't know about pole dancing or seedy nightclubs, so we will have to rely on your knowledge on whether Andrew frequents them to do business.
Quote:
1. I was well impressed with myself actually i managed to get one AND also a DEBATABLE out of you, WOOP !!!! - 2. If you're referring to the WHO POP GROUP then maybe but as WHOM i was thinking
It might be better not to make your replies personal. The two sections of your post that I have placed in quotes should read - 1. I was impressed when/that I managed to get a reply from you and your willingness to debate some of my points. (I would also point out that the spelling is whoop). 2. If you are referring to the Who pop group then maybe, but as to whom I was thinking........
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

Tell us how you really feel, Sky. Ha! A bit harsh now, perhaps? I have to agree w goldeye: Andrew is perfect for his job for all the reasons listed. And believe me, I'm always alert to photos of P Andrew and there are very few of him on the golf course - he's always working!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Tell us how you really feel, Sky. Ha! A bit harsh now, perhaps? I have to agree w goldeye: Andrew is perfect for his job for all the reasons listed. And believe me, I'm always alert to photos of P Andrew and there are very few of him on the golf course - he's always working!
But Bella, you would forgive him anything, whether he worked or not. He could do just about anything or nothing at all and it wouldn't matter to you.

The problem is there are very few photo's regarding his 'work', plenty of him coming out of clubs though! Some of the rejects from the Apprentice would probably do a better job, IMO, of course!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
But Bella, you would forgive him anything, whether he worked or not. He could do just about anything or nothing at all and it wouldn't matter to you.

The problem is there are very few photo's regarding his 'work', plenty of him coming out of clubs though! Some of the rejects from the Apprentice would probably do a better job, IMO, of course!
I can not deny this, I will say. But - and there's always a but - the past several photos I've seen of him have been of him on some biz jaunt. Not the golf course. Tho I'd take pics of him on the course any day, too. Okay, I confess, I don't care what he's doing, just keep the pics coming.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew