The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Gentry

Bella--No they didn't other than joking with Meredith about inviting him over for tea. I checked the Royal site and they do have Prince Andrew listed as visiting the US for 10 day starting mid week next week. It is to do with the Trade Industry job.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Will he EVER learn? Airmiles Andy racks up new £100,000 private jet bill for taxpayers | the Daily Mail

Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

What a complete disgrace he is, IMO.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Well at least he got rid of that eyesore house but isn't he in another grace and favor residence? I would have used the proceeds of the house to pay for the trip, but that's just me. . . .
Old 02-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
What a complete disgrace he is, IMO.
Sounds a lot like some of out politicians. They never hesitate to spend taxpayers money.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Andrew in £15m house windfall - Times Online

Fergie moves in with Andrew as her own home is repaired
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the link, Angela. This doesn't play too well for Andrew. Though in a sense I can understand the need for a private plane because commercial airlines might not always be able to accommodate his time schedule. Does that sound like I'm reaching? Still, he should foot the bill for the private plane.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thanks for the link, Angela. This doesn't play too well for Andrew. Though in a sense I can understand the need for a private plane because commercial airlines might not always be able to accommodate his time schedule. Does that sound like I'm reaching? Still, he should foot the bill for the private plane.
I agree that he should.
Why doesn't Sarah find her own place? This will cause problems if Andrew wants to get serious. Mr. Russo's ex and the mother of his son calls not less than 4 times a day. I knew this going in and am okay with it, though she drives us batty. When Mr. Russo's son gets into college, I expect a SIGNIFICANT decrease in calls. There has to be boundries set. I am hoping Andrew is doing this out of respect for the mother of his children, but still, Sarah has her own money and resources. . .
Old 02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Mr. Russo's ex and the mother of his son calls not less than 4 times a day. I knew this going in and am okay with it, though she drives us batty. When Mr. Russo's son gets into college, I expect a SIGNIFICANT decrease in calls.
Don't get too hopeful, there then comes the 'Have you heard from ??? this morning, evening weekend', etc! Then when he gets married, the 1000's of calls to discuss everything including the kitchen sink. Who is/isn't coming, who sits where, I want to wear sky blue pink.... Oh the list is endless!!!
---------------
I don't think Andrew or Sarah will ever get serious with other partners, they have too much of a good thing going at the moment.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Don't get too hopeful, there then comes the 'Have you heard from ??? this morning, evening weekend', etc! Then when he gets married, the 1000's of calls to discuss everything including the kitchen sink. Who is/isn't coming, who sits where, I want to wear sky blue pink.... Oh the list is endless!!!
---------------
I don't think Andrew or Sarah will ever get serious with other partners, they have too much of a good thing going at the moment.
Well he has to talk to her right now because the son is 12. But Mr. Russo tries to ignore her as much as possible, so I would imagine that she will be ignored more on a regular basis when the son goes to college. If not, I might have to find a permanent bar stool somewhere. . . .

You know, that's an interesting thing with Andrew and Sarah, will they? Won't they? Who knows!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM

Not me but I hope they don't get it back together. I can't stand that woman guffawing all over the place and going on about her hard done by she is. And before you say anything it's not because she's ginger, it's because she's bloody awful.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Not me but I hope they don't get it back together. I can't stand that woman guffawing all over the place and going on about her hard done by she is. And before you say anything it's not because she's ginger, it's because she's bloody awful.
Are you partial to gingers B? You know Mr. Russo just L'Orealed me a lovely auburn shade (to hide the gray you know! ).
I don't think they ought to get back together either, but I don't know what they're doing, being co-dependant? It would be nice to see Andrew with somebody who can help him like Camilla does with Charles, but Charles has a big role in England, Andrew has only stumbled into this position and is trying to carve something out of it. What, I don't really know. . .
Old 02-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Well I'm a bottle red myself. Not ginger. Anywho, news just in;

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince Andrew rebukes US on Iraq

The man is a moron. I think I prefer him playing golf. What is with Andrew? Not content with wasting tax payers money in an invented "job", he now thinks he's a war expert and foreign office spokesperson.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Well he IS entitled to his opinion. As far as his upcoming trip to the States and this comment, yeah, it's definately moronic: He's not going to win any fans with it and isn't he supposed to be making nice with US so we have better trade relations??
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not a very good UKT&I Rep with remarks like that! What a plonk.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

I don't quite understand what he point is. He says "we've won some we've lost some" or something like that. That's true of the US as well. What provoked this commentary? I'm not saying he's wrong to say the US should listen to the UK on some measures of foreign policy, but I'm not sure what he's trying to say.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

I used to rather like Andrew; I found him endearing and charming. Boy, was I WRONG. First, why in the world is Prince Andrew sharing his views about the US and Iraq? I mean, we're all entitled to our opinions, but he didn't articulate very well the point he was attempting to make, so he only sounds uninformed and critical. If you're going to criticize.....

But, even more than that--this 100,0000 pound private airplane--goodness. That is a bit steep--and we haven't added in any hotels, staff, food, golfing excursions, etc....It's rather extravagant, don't you think, for a trade ambassador.

And, I was shocked, really shocked, that Sarah's settlement from the divorce was only 300.000 pounds--you've got to be kidding me! I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I feel so sorry for Sarah. Especially now that Andrew sold their house for 15 million pounds and is not giving any to Sarah. That's just low.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I may be wrong, but I don't think it was Andrew's originally to sell. It was a gift from HM but--again, I'm not sure here--did she put it in a trust so that neither could get to it?? And gift it to him later to be able to sell??
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

I thought she signed it over to him at some point--

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I thought she signed it over to him at some point--
After the divorce?? I'll have to look into that. . .

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew