The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator

I have to admitt I do like the christmas card it's something different and it is kind of funny. But the thing is: it was made by Sarah during their family trip to India, so I don't think it's a 100% fun card but one with traditional clothes they wore to show their respect for the country they visited.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Those poor girls, first their mother and now their father, they probably feel like running away to the circus, ohh, thats right they don't need to, they have their parents for that!
This comment is too funny.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness

I hope some day Beatrice and Eugenie will look back on the photo with fondness. Personally, I think it was a really interesting photo and so Andy, a fun loving person at heart. It does take a brave man to put on that turban, and even braver for letting 500 of nearest and dearest to see it.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Courtier

He is indeed a brave person to wear the turban and send it as a Xmas card...a great sense of fun.

Stellad
Old 12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Yes, I agree with Iceflower. The clothes are traditional North Indian wear and are very vibrant. Perhaps a visit to India, will change everybody's opinion.

The jollity on Prince Andrew's face is what makes it look amusing. Did anyone else notice the sunset and sunrise background themes?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Microsoft to hold forum in Scotland

The Duke of York will open a business forum to be hosted by Microsoft mogul Bill Gates in Scotland, it was revealed.
Prince Andrew will open a Microsoft "world leaders' forum" which takes place at the Scottish Parliament on January 30 and 31.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Forest School enjoys a royal visit

STAFF and pupils gave a royal welcome to Prince Andrew when he officially opened a new sports centre.
The Duke of York was greeted by flag-waving pupils, and was then treated to a performance by the school band who performed a composition by sixth form student James Clements.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew visits Rockwell Collins (UK) Ltd to view defence and commerical systems, Reading, Britain - 23 Jan 2007

Pictures:
Prince Andrew
Prince Andrew 2
Prince Andrew 3

more pictures from Isifa here.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Avalon, for the links and the photos. I think Prince Andrew is looking quite handsome these days. Seems to be pretty busy, too.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Yes, she was married to him but for a few years. If Andrew can forgive her, and he was the injured party, who are we to say otherwise? I'm just a concerned fan of Andrew . I wonder if, after the infamous incidents and dishonors brought up on him by his ex-wife, he might not have a self-esteem problem and be afraid he's not worth of any true love. After all, Sarah's father said how much she was more in love with being part of the royal family than with Andrew. And her actions proved it.
I do not believe that Andrew was faithful during their marriage either to be honest. I just think he was better at covering it up.

Sarah made some bad choices when she was married, however, she has gotten herself out of debt on her own, with Andrew has raised two lovely daughters and has a great relationship with her ex husband.

I think people need to get over what happened almost 20 years ago. Obviously Andrew has.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Commoner

I agree people do need to get over Sarah's past. Everyone of us has made mistakes in life. I think it's wonderful how Sarah and Andrew get along, they seem to have a happy family life. If we can accept Camilla as the Prince of Wales wife and love of his life. Than why can't we accept Prince Andrews and Sarahs relationship?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some people here will not 'get over it', while ever Sarah want's the perks of married life, without the responsibilities.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke of York meets Microsoft bosses

The Duke of York has met executives from Microsoft ahead of a world conference in the Scottish capital.
Prince Andrew was in Edinburgh on the eve of the two-day Microsoft Government Leaders Forum Europe conference being held at the Scottish Parliament.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Here is a pic of the meeting:
Prince Andrew (right) talks to leaders from Microsoft at the Palace of Holyroodhouse reception Edinburgh, Scotland. Left to right: Ralph Young, Michel Van Der Bel, and Neil Holloway. 29/01/2007

Seems he had a lot of fun as well

Andrew
Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew Bumps Into Shoppers
Duke of York visits President & Taoiseach. And Tesco

Dublin supermarket shoppers got more than they bargained for today when the Duke of York today swept through the store.
Security was tight at Tesco Clare Hall as Prince Andrew was ushered down the aisles.
Around 50 startled shoppers tried to snap pictures of him on mobile phones as Andrew, the UK's Special Representative for International Trade and Investment, visited the Irish capital to highlighted trade links between Ireland and the UK.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew welcomes Irish trade and investment

The Duke of York today welcomed the growing number of Irish companies choosing to invest in and trade with the UK, and underlined the importance of a strong British-Irish commercial relationship to the future prosperity of both countries.
HRH the Duke of York was in Dublin today, in his capacity as the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment. His Royal Highness called on President McAleese and on the Taoiseach
Old 02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Pic 8.02.2007

Unfortunately the photographer focussed on Tony Blair, but you can see Andrew nevertheless
Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair (L) and the Duke of York attend an event in north London, 08 February 2007, where it was announced that the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) children's charity has succeeded in its goal of raising GBP250 million for it's 'Full Stop' campaign. AFP PHOTO/Stefan Rousseau/POOL

Andrew and Tony Blair
Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Pics 13.02.2007

The Duke of York speaks during his visit to the 3GSM congress in Barcelona,13 February 2007. Leading companies in telecommunications, internet and entertainment gathered in Barcelona for one of the world's biggest trade shows for the mobile phone industry. AFP PHOTO/LLUIS GENE

Andrew 1
Andrew 2
Andrew 3
Old 02-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures of Sarah, Andrew and Beatrice skying in Switzerland can be found at the York Family Pictures thread.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

donga.com [english donga]

Prince Andrew visited the LG Electronics booth at the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona, February 13, 2007

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew