Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 2: May 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eloquently spoken Kimebear!

Many have said the same but alas to deaf ears.

Hey I just mentionned a possible explanation and did not list all the things I sincerely dislike about his infamous ex-wife because we all know about it.

As far as Andrew pre-Sarah playboy life, in my opinion it just brings water to my theory of a possible self-esteem problem because he was touched where it hurts the most when it became public knowledge that his royal wife was cheating on him while vacationning with their children, pictures and all. As a bully doesn't like to be bullied, a seducer doesn't like when his sincere life partner goes out to seduce others especially when the kids are around and when it becomes very very public.

I'm not deaf and I'm not blind either.

Again, he has obviously forgiven her. That's good enough for me.

... and on that note of forgiveness we'll return to discussion of Duke of York "news", and preferably more current and relevant than Sarah's past indiscretions.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Andrew's fear for Fergie on 9/11

Prince Andrew has spoken about the worry and fear he felt for his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, the day of the September 11 attacks on America. The Prince himself was on a flight to Atlanta at the time which was turned back.

Prince Andrew Set To Give 9/11 Speech In New York

Britain's Prince Andrew will publicly speak in New York today in remembrance of 9/11. The prince will make a speech in Manhattan, paying tribute to the families who lost loved ones in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

9/11 must have been incredibly frightening for Beatrice and Eugenie. Knowing one parent had an office at the WTC and another was flying would have been very scary.

I've never heard of Andrew being an inattentive father. I think he has always been praised for being an attentive father to his daughters. He shares custody with Sarah and seems to take the girls seriously.

I also haven't heard any recent wild stories of Andrew partying like he used to before he was married. He's settled down considerably since his pre-marriage days. The most controversial thing he does nowadays is play golf - much like most other well-heeled middle-aged men.

I have to agree with you Ysbel. If some of the articles are led to believe (in New Zealand) anyway, he is a doting father.

Stellad

they look so happy together!

I think it says alot about the DOY that he has never publically spoken harshly about his ex wife nor any of her ridiculous antics. There have been many many opportunities for him to have hopped on the "dis Sarah" bandwagon and he never did. He could have played up the 'I am the Victim' theme after their divorce and probably could have garnered considerable support and sympathy from the general public at Sarah's expense. But he didn't go that route and for that you've got to respect him. I think it smacks of class and good example that he and Sarah have remained on such close terms. He really sets the bar for a dignified divorced man.

I love that photo! I know its a serious occassion..and one can't get a read from just looking at a picture...but despite the divorce...you (or rather I) can tell that they have a connection that extends beyond their daughters. Its too bad they can't be together...but whatever works for them (in this case friendship) works for me!

Bella said:
I think it says alot about the DOY that he has never publically spoken harshly about his ex wife nor any of her ridiculous antics. There have been many many opportunities for him to have hopped on the "dis Sarah" bandwagon and he never did. He could have played up the 'I am the Victim' theme after their divorce and probably could have garnered considerable support and sympathy from the general public at Sarah's expense. But he didn't go that route and for that you've got to respect him. I think it smacks of class and good example that he and Sarah have remained on such close terms. He really sets the bar for a dignified divorced man.

I must say I agree with you, Bella. Prince Andrew came out of his divorce with real dignity, in spite of all dificulties, that were on the way.
I am glad they managed to mantain friendly and warm relationships after the divorce.

Prince Andrew and Sarah have set a wonderful example of how to get along well after they divorced. Their daughters seem well adjusted because of it. I think that the Prince and Sarah still do love each other. But royal life for Sarah just doesn't work. It was great to see them together on this 9/11 advent. Are there anymore pictures???

Avalon said:
I must say I agree with you, Bella. Prince Andrew came out of his divorce with real dignity, in spite of all dificulties, that were on the way.
I am glad they managed to mantain friendly and warm relationships after the divorce.

Well of course he came out of his divorce with dignity -» he's simply a true prince.

Prince Andrew hosts tea for Arroyo

She may not have been able to visit the Queen, but her London sojourn was no less special after the Duke of York hosted her at tea.
A giddy President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo told a gathering of Filipinos here how the Duke of York, Prince Andrew, cut short his Scottish vacation just to have tea with her at Buckingham Palace.

Prince Andrew to visit Philippines in November

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, will visit the Philippines in November to explore more British investments as well as to enjoy a dive at the world-class Amanpulo in Palawan.
The Duke of York, also United Kingdom’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investments, met with President Arroyo at the Buckingham Palace where they agreed to bolster economic and diplomatic relations.

Last edited:
Avalon said:

You know, I alway thought Andrew was the nicest of the Windsor brothers; Charles seemed somewhat diffident and Edward always seemed the bratty kid brother but despite his Randy Andy past, Andrew just always seemed like a nice guy.

I liked the fact that he supported the Queen and acted as the public spokesperson for the family when her favorite home Windsor Castle burned down during the same time that he was going through the worst of his marriage breakup.

I think it says a lot about a man if he can look after his mum when his own life is going to pieces. :)

ysbel said:
I liked the fact that he supported the Queen and acted as the public spokesperson for the family when her favorite home Windsor Castle burned down during the same time that he was going through the worst of his marriage breakup.

I think it says a lot about a man if he can look after his mum when his own life is going to pieces. :)

You are so right. He is special.

Interesting selection of photos they've published. Andrew looks as though he might have been sampling the product.:innocent:

Roslyn said:
Interesting selection of photos they've published. Andrew looks as though he might have been sampling the product.:innocent:

I think you might be right! :lol:

Britain's Prince Andrew listens during a dedication ceremony for the reconstructed George Washington's Distillery in Mount Vernon, Virginia, September 27, 2006.
#1-2: AP
#3-4: Reuters

Last edited by a moderator:
More photos! Thank you, Mandyy. :flowers:

The day after the whisky tasting reception. I'm going to be very good and not comment on the expression on his face, especially in that last pic.:innocent:

mandyy said:
Britain's Prince Andrew listens during a dedication ceremony for the reconstructed George Washington's Distillery in Mount Vernon, Virginia, September 27, 2006.
#1-2: AP
#3-4: Reuters

http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=apuu6.jpg http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ap1rh9.jpg http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r426189607vb6.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r985791641ou9.jpg

I wonder why they invited him to that ceremony when American whiskey is a competitve product to Scotch - and why he came?:ermm:

Prince Andrew speaks at the nanoTX '06 Conference & Expo, Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006, in Dallas. Nanotechnology is the science involving the manufacture and manipulation of materials at the molecular or atomic level. At the nano scale, materials are measured in nanometers, or billionths of a meter

from yahoo/ap

fanletizia said:
Prince Andrew speaks at the nanoTX '06 Conference & Expo, Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006, in Dallas.
WOW, I thought Texas was Sarah's stomping grounds!:ROFLMAO:

Britain's Prince Andrew to visit India

India and Britain are set to further intensify their trade and economic relations when Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, comes to India on a week-long visit Sunday.
'His Royal Highness said that he was looking forward to his first visit to India as the UK's Special Representative for International Trade and Investment and learning more first hand about new and existing business opportunities in the region,' said a statement by the British High Commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom