Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 2: October 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this pic in Hello in a section about Halloween costumes. I don't know if was already posted, if was sorry, but i think it´s a nice pic :)

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent don their finest Georgian fancy dress for a 1985 ball

fancydress-5a.jpg

She's always very stylish.
I think she very aware of her position.

xicamaluca said:
I found this pic in Hello in a section about Halloween costumes. I don't know if was already posted, if was sorry, but i think it´s a nice pic. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent don their finest Georgian fancy dress for a 1985 ball
Very similar to the fancy dress Gabriella wore to her 21st birthday party..

Last edited by a moderator:
It's such a shame Princess Michael won't be queen of something. She'd be such a good queen of something. Why doesn't the Queen give her Jersey or Guernsey or something. Queen Marie-Christine of Jersey has an interesting ring to it, don't you think?

Considering the association of Jersey with cows, that might not be the best place to give her.;)

She is Queen of the Kents in my mind! :D

Last edited:
Re:

What about Russia? Tsar Michael and Tsarina Marie-Christine of all the Russias.

Or the UK? A nice catholic Queen with a true air of power. I don't think the politicians would dare argue with Queen Marie-Christine.

BeatrixFan said:
What about Russia? Tsar Michael and Tsarina Marie-Christine of all the Russias.

If he had been our Tsar, he would not have looked out of place in the Kremlin. :)

The Prince and Princess Michael of Kent in the Czech Republic

(source unknown, originally posted in the Royal Press Review, see my signature for a link)

20051103003631.423.0.jpg

I was looking at the official site of the British RF, and I wanted to know why are Prince and Princess Michael not on the civil list, whilst Princess Alexandra yes, and she receives an equivalent amount to The Duke of York\Princess Anee?

auntie said:
I was looking at the official site of the British RF, and I wanted to know why are Prince and Princess Michael not on the civil list, whilst Princess Alexandra yes, and she receives an equivalent amount to The Duke of York\Princess Anee?

They have never been on the civil list as they are deemed the most minor of the Royals with an HRH. Her Majesty must keep the Civil List pared down so as not to upset the taxpayer and government. She has cut higher ranking royals off the list to keep in pace with the feelings of the taxpayer and government.

tiaraprin said:
They have never been on the civil list as they are deemed the most minor of the Royals with an HRH. Her Majesty must keep the Civil List pared down so as not to upset the taxpayer and government. She has cut higher ranking royals off the list to keep in pace with the feelings of the taxpayer and government.

Higher ranking royals, who do you mean?

Princess Alexandra ranks after the Michaels as a sister to Prince Michael. A special exception was made for her to receive a civil list payment in the 1960's as there was deemed to be few female Royals then and this annual payment has continued since (although the Queen now covers her expenses).

None of the royals apart from the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are on the Civil List these days. Prince Michael doesn't do royal duties because he's a younger son of a George V and was probably considered too junior a member of the family to be paid for by taxpayers. Prince Richard of Gloucester was in the same situation, where he was expected to earn his own living and not do royal duties or be paid for by the taxpayer, but after his elder brother died and he became heir to the dukedom, his situation changed and he had to start doing royal duties. I don't know why Princess Alexandra has always been part of the family that does royal duties, since she's about as junior as Prince Michael in the pecking order.

I've just explained why Alexandra received money.

Last edited:
James...great pics!

What a great, regal looking couple.

Cheers Zonk1189 I hope you enjoyed them. I am whacked after all that!

james said:
Cheers Zonk1189 I hope you enjoyed them. I am whacked after all that!
I second Zonk. Great job James. :)

Looking at these pics....I feel like both the Prince and Princess would have been better served if they were born in a different era. Post Victorian...does that make sense? Or even the first half of the 21st century.

Thanks for the pictures, James. Can anyone tell me what do the Michaels live on, even if they recycle their clothes etc. they have an expensive life style, traveling, children's education etc. Did Prince Michael inherit anything from his Grandfather King George or Queen Mary in a trust fund?! I still think it's unfair Princess Alexandra gets paid by the civil list\Queen and they don't seeing that they do do public work.

BTW when people write about the Kents being in financial problems who are they refering to? The Duke and Duchess or the Michaels?

Possibly both. The Duke and Duchess have sold jewellery, and it would seem that they wouldn't have had to do that if they didn't need the money. The Michaels have talked about needing money in the past, so they as well as the Duke sound as though they've been short of funds.

Prince Michael has a consulting company of his own, but I don't know if he makes much money from that company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom