The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

Here's what the article states:
"She said Princess Margaret would not speak to her, although they both lived at Kensington Palace, because she was a Catholic."

Old 05-19-2006, 07:09 PM

I thought as much. She can't have taken kindly to the Duchess of Kent either.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, that's her opinion of Princess Margaret's reasons, which isn't necessarily the same thing as Princess Margaret's actual reasons. If Princess Margaret didn't leave anything in writing along the lines of "that Catholic woman next door actually expects me to speak with her!" we don't know for certain why she behaved the way she did. She was reportedly very protective of the Queen, and it's been reported that the Queen didn't think much of Princess Michael because of her ostentatious royalness and high profile.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, that's her opinion of Princess Margaret's reasons, which isn't necessarily the same thing as Princess Margaret's actual reasons. If Princess Margaret didn't leave anything in writing along the lines of "that Catholic woman next door actually expects me to speak with her!" we don't know for certain why she behaved the way she did. She was reportedly very protective of the Queen, and it's been reported that the Queen didn't think much of Princess Michael because of her ostentatious royalness and high profile.
I can't imagine that she didn't speak to her because she was Catholic. Seems silly. Religion is between you and God. You mean to tell me that Princess Margaret never spoke with a Catholic. Now, if you did'nt like her high and mighy ways, that would be different. Of course, Princess Margaret could be pretty high and mighty, too. Perhaps, she just didn't like her. And, what is the difference now.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend the press and VIP day of Chelsea Flower Show on May 22, 2006 in London, England.

Source: gettyimages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71014173.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	245069   Click image for larger version

Name:	71014175.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	245070   Click image for larger version

Name:	71014179.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	245071   Click image for larger version

Name:	71014182.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	245072  

Old 05-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

His Royal Highness looks quite Dashing
Old 05-27-2006, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

My love for Prince Michael

The woman who had a secret relationship with Prince Michael for eight years breaks her silence to reveal her true feelings for him - and why she holds Princess Pushy in such contempt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1766&ito=1490
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	princeweberST270506_228x305.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	245643  
Old 05-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Nobility

This woman is deranged. As I was reading the article it dawned on me that she actually had a notion about marraige etc. When she said at the end that she HAD discussed this with her sons I laughed out loud. Firstly, it is clear to any royal watcher that Prince and Princess Michael do not lead "completley seperate lives". This is the classic line trotted out by all mistresses to justify themselves. Secondly, imagine trying to compare herself to Camilla. Mrs. Parker-Bowles may be many things but she never blabbed to the media. Weber is clearly an ambitious woman who thought she saw an opportunity to become a Princess and is now bitter because it's all backfired. Lets face it, if Prince Michael were still in contact with her she would never have ran to the papers. Sorry Lucy, you may have difficulty imagining "Michael" not being in your life but I think the days of hearing his "deep voice" on the phone are well and truly over.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
This woman is deranged. As I was reading the article it dawned on me that she actually had a notion about marraige etc. When she said at the end that she HAD discussed this with her sons I laughed out loud. Firstly, it is clear to any royal watcher that Prince and Princess Michael do not lead "completley seperate lives". This is the classic line trotted out by all mistresses to justify themselves. Secondly, imagine trying to compare herself to Camilla. Mrs. Parker-Bowles may be many things but she never blabbed to the media. Weber is clearly an ambitious woman who thought she saw an opportunity to become a Princess and is now bitter because it's all backfired. Lets face it, if Prince Michael were still in contact with her she would never have ran to the papers. Sorry Lucy, you may have difficulty imagining "Michael" not being in your life but I think the days of hearing his "deep voice" on the phone are well and truly over.
I had about the same feelings. She just wanted some attention. As for comparing her with the Duchess of Cornwall - it's simply laughable.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
This woman is deranged... trying to compare herself to Camilla...
And not just Camilla. She compares herself to the Duchess of Windsor as well. The article should win an award for the most self-seeking piece of purple prose.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think she's deranged, but she must certainly be deluded if she thinks Prince Michael is going to leave his wife for her, especially now she's talked to the press.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
According to ppl who were around at the time of the Michaels' wedding, Margaret didn't like the fact that MC's Catholicism would highlight the discrimination against Catholics inherent in the monarchy. She reportedly urged MC to convert before the wedding (she could always convert back right afterwards) so that Michael wouldn't lose his place in line. Kate Kent's conversion didn't affect the line of succession and didn't bring with in the highlighting of the anti-Catholic sentiment inherent in the Act of Settlement, so I don't think it bothered Margaret as much.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the sheer fact that a person would have to convert in order to prevent their spouse being kicked out of the line of succession would have highlighted the discrimination every bit as much as refusing to convert and having it happen, I'd have thought.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Courtier

It would have created some storm, but not as much as MC running around crying about the family hating her because she's Catholic does. MC constantly complains to the press that her husband was turfed out because of her faith, even as she refuses to acknowledge that (1), he knew the consequences, and (2), she could have converted. She uses his lack of a place in line as a stick to beat the monarchy, even as she fails to realise her own behavior is even more of a stick to attack the Windsors with.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

May I go back to the topic of the Kent's country mansion, that they recently sold?
I just don't understand why they sold it; especially as they might well be kicked out of their Kensington Palace apartment in a few years, which they live in for next to nothing, as people have said. Perhaps they sold their country house so they can purchase themselves a pad in expensive London for when they have to leave KP?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Courtier

They had initially intended to sell the house to Freddie and use that money to fund their retirements while they lived in KP. The house was the only way they could fund their retirements, so they decided to sell that house and eventually buy a smaller one and use whatever's left to fund their retirements.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im starting to think that a Divorce is in the cards for these 2 (very soon 3 years or less)
Old 05-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Michael said she was going to leave the country if Parliament passed the hunting ban, so she may be killing two birds with one stone and selling the house to live more cheaply somewhere in Europe.

I doubt they'd divorce. I don't see what advantage there is for her in divorcing; I don't think she'd exchange her HRH for life with a wealthy commoner, although I may be mistaken. Assuming the prince doesn't have plans to marry this lady who's just got through spilling it all to the press, there's little advantage for him to divorce either.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

I also think there will be no divorce. Princess Michael seems to loooooove being royal and would have to give up all that priviledge, living in a royal palace and never mention all the jewels she wouldn't have access to any longer. Besides, she and Prince Michael seem to enjoy each other's company and if they have an "understanding" in regard to their marriage, that really isn't anybody else's business.
I have to say that I am so tired of these kiss and tellers that can't keep their mouths shut for the life of them. For heaven's sake, have a little dignity and if you can't keep quiet for the sake of your own position, think about the kids of these royals that you are having affairs with. Nicholas and Gabriella may be adults now but it must still hurt to hear these things about your parents.
Sheesh!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
They had initially intended to sell the house to Freddie and use that money to fund their retirements while they lived in KP. The house was the only way they could fund their retirements, so they decided to sell that house and eventually buy a smaller one and use whatever's left to fund their retirements.
Makes sense. Selling it to Freddie doesn't though: if his parents don't have any spare dough, how would he? His columns for Tatler Magazine are hardly a gold mine. Sure he dabbled in modeling a while back, but I gather those days are over.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent