The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess denies having designs on furniture tycoon
April 24, 2006

LONDON: Princess Michael of Kent's spokesman has denied claims that the princess is having an affair with a Russian millionaire.
The News of the World reported that the 61-year-old Princess, who is married to the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent, shared a romantic break with the furniture tycoon Mikhail Kravchenko.
The newspaper published photos of the pair together in Venice, including one of the Princess holding hands with the 40-year-old.
Simon Astaire, a spokesman for the Princess, insisted the pair were just friends.
Mr Astaire said: "The Princess met Mikhail Kravchenko when she visited the interior design fair in Moscow late last year. A friendship developed through a mutual interest in design.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/pri...730809078.html

Princess Michael denies 'affair' with Russian millionaire

Princess Michael of Kent's spokesman has denied claims that the royal was having an affair with a Russian millionaire toy boy.
(...)
"The Princess met Mikhail Kravchenko when she visited the interior design fair in Moscow late last year which in fact, Her Royal Highness opened," Mr Astaire said.
"A friendship developed through a mutual interest in design. Getting to know him she became aware that his life had been struck by tragedy and seeking to be supportive of him their friendship has continued."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...4/23/ukent.xml

Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

she really doesnt to the royal family any favours does she.
all I can say Im glad she isnt my mother or wife. rather him than me

Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Prince Michael and Princess Michael are both interesting, rather eccentric characters with a flair for the dramatic.

Actually I think they fit each other very well; they're probably each other's best audience.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-25-2006, 07:43 AM

Quote:
she really doesnt to the royal family any favours does she.
She's doesn't have to. She isn't on the civil list, she doesn't carry out engagements on behalf of the Queen. Really she can do as she wants.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
She's doesn't have to. She isn't on the civil list, she doesn't carry out engagements on behalf of the Queen. Really she can do as she wants.
by the looks of things she does do what she wants !
Old 04-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
by the looks of things she does do what she wants !
The photos I saw of them in Venice don't look too conclusive to me, but strangely she looks old in them (and I have never seen her looking old in a photo).

I think News of the World also took photos of her slipping out of Texas millionaire's pad in the early morning hours wearing an ill-fitting Red wig several years ago. Perhaps they have an open marriage?

Nonetheless, I still love her. Every fiasco she gets herself into only endears her to me more!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
The photos I saw of them in Venice don't look too conclusive to me, but strangely she looks old in them (and I have never seen her looking old in a photo).

I think News of the World also took photos of her slipping out of Texas millionaire's pad in the early morning hours wearing an ill-fitting Red wig several years ago. Perhaps they have an open marriage?

Nonetheless, I still love her. Every fiasco she gets herself into only endears her to me more!
gosh! I didnt know about a red wig story , must say not keen on this lady , but least she lives life to the full !! also I think they must have an open marriage surly??
Old 04-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Gentry

This is getting off topic but is it true that Lord Frederick Windsor, Lady Gabrielle and the other Lords and Ladies of Windsor are technically princes and princess of Saxe-Coburg?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyjojo88
This is getting off topic but is it true that Lord Frederick Windsor, Lady Gabrielle and the other Lords and Ladies of Windsor are technically princes and princess of Saxe-Coburg?
One could argue that by male lineal descent the children of the current Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, and of Prince Michael and the Earl of St Andrews, are Princes and Princesses of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Dukes and Duchesses of Saxony, but since these titles were given up in 1917 it would be a hard ask. Nonetheless, Earl Mountbatten was known to sign himself a Prince of Battenberg when visiting Hesse.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Technically, King George V renounced all German titles for British members of his family and their descendants in 1917.

Realistically, I suppose they are free to call themselves anything they want - just like any other human being - but I can't imagine why they'd bother.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

I found two funny quotes about PMOK recently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Mail May 3, 2006
She has always been described as the most regal of the royals - and last night proved no exception. Stepping gracefully from a luxury river cruiser, Princess Michael of Kent looked every inch the foreign dignitary as she strolled through the streets of the ancient Russian city of Kostroma. Given the furore over her friendship with a much younger Russian magnate, with whom she was pictured hand-in-hand in Venice last month, you would think the princess might play safe with her public engagements for a few weeks. But that would be to underestimate her jaw-dropping chutzpah. For flanking her last night were two men. The first was her husband, Prince Michael; the second was none other than her handsome young millionaire friend, Mikhail Kravchenko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Online May 6, 2006
People in the public eye could learn a thing or two from the princess. She stage-manages a scandal better than anyone and the latest is one of her finest. Her friendship with the handsome Russian will cost her nothing. Her secret? She doesn't care.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Nobility

This woman is my idol.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
This woman is my idol.
make it two
Old 05-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Gentry

No one does the royal thing better than Princess Micheal of Kent. She fits the part perfectly.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No one does the royal thing better than Princess Micheal of Kent. She fits the part perfectly.
well she doesnt doesnt fit my idea of Royal, but everyone to there own, I suppose.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:48 AM

Hanging out with her husband AND the man she is ment to be cheating with? That is style my friends!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanabelle
Hanging out with her husband AND the man she is ment to be cheating with? That is style my friends!
And a younger man to boot! As one of my friends like to say, "You go, Girl!":)
Old 05-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

From Getty Images:

A photo of Princess Michael of Kent with both her husband and Mikhail Kravchenko -- and several of the Kents this weekend at the Royal Windsor Horse Show party/dinner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	243524   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	243525   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	243526   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	243527  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	243528  
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Any pics of Mikhail Kravchenko, her and Prince Michael in that event?
I would love to see that
Old 05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Any pics of Mikhail Kravchenko, her and Prince Michael in that event?
I would love to see that
Hmm, no, but here's one of Mikhail and PMoK (from News of the World)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	n5_01.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	243529  

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent