Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to watch! Thanks a lot for sharing the article! :flowers:

Princess Ezra Jah of Hyderabad and Prince Michael of Kent attended the Cartier
'Travel With Style' Concours on March 12, 2011 in New Delhi, India. Prince
Michael has been a member of the jury.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

^^ And as always, his appearance was sharp and stylish. Reminds me of his late father.;) Thanks for sharing, Iceflower!

^^ And as always, his appearance was sharp and stylish. Reminds me of his late father.;) Thanks for sharing, Iceflower!
He is not young anymore ,but he is quite slim and in perfect fit,I wonder if his son inherited this

I think Fred inherited it too, Lenora. In fact Fred bares a striking resemblance to his grandfather, George Duke of Kent. More than Prince Michael does, IMO. ;)

I remember a few years ago Lord Freddie said in an interview that he did admire his father's style and tried to emulate it. Prince Michael has appeared in goodness knows how many best dressed lists relating to the BRF and the international jet-set over the years. I also remember the fashion commentator at Ascot 2 years ago saying that PM and the DOE due to the quality of their clothes and how they wore them were, in his opinion, the best dressed males in the BRF.

Princess Ezra Jah of Hyderabad and Prince Michael of Kent attended the Cartier
'Travel With Style' Concours on March 12, 2011 in New Delhi, India. Prince
Michael has been a member of the jury.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Is the trip in connection with his role as Europe's chief Rent-a-Royal?

Princess Michael of Kent has asked Julian Fellowes to turn her novel about royal love into a hit television series
Princess Michael of Kent commands Julian Fellowes to write royal 'Downton Abbey' - Telegraph

Princess Michael always has good news for her fans. She amazed us all with her fascinating book, the television series cannot be less fascinating and interesting. We will support this project, as we always did with all of her projects. A talented and noble royal woman she is. Prince Michael in New Delhi looked equally noble and quite ravishing. An awesome couple they are!

Thanks for the updates!
Prince and Princess of Michael appear to enjoy their lives. No matter how we compare Princess and Princess Michael to Prince Andrew, the Kents are far more regal than the reigning clan.

@Al_bina I couldn't have worded it better myself. The Britons tend to forget that the Kent royal branch have true Romanov blood through GD Elena Vladimirovna, dear Princess Marina's mother. They are true blue-blooded royals, unlike their cousins, the Yorks, the Gloucesters, the Wales and the others. It was rather unfortunate that the then Duke of Kent was born fourth in line to the British throne. Be that as it may, and given Bertie's stammering, Henry's issues with alcohol and the humble origin of the wives of both the afore-mentioned Princes, it goes beyond my imagination and beyond comprehension, why the Britons could not alter the succession laws in 1936, right after David's abdication so that the Duke of Kent could become the next King. Was it fate? I very much doubt it.:flowers:

Rather amusing to hear daughters of the Duke of Buccleuch and the Earl of Strathmore referred to as being of humble origin. In terms of wealth the Buccleuch's certainly outstripped an exiled Russian Grand Duchess married into the frequently exiled Greek royal family. You have to keep in mind that the BRF has never been as hung up on so called "equal birth" requirements as many of their continental relations. It certainly hasn't done them any harm. After all, they still have their throne while many of these continental relations have lost theirs. Queen Victoria once remarked that if she felt someone was good enough to marry into her family who had the right to question her judgement. she also commented that the so called " grand marriages" we not always that good.

Would a bisexual Duke of Kent have made a more successful monarch that his stammering older brother? Impossible to say, but we do know that Bertie and his "humbly" born Queen did win the love and respect of their people.

@Al_bina I couldn't have worded it better myself. The Britons tend to forget that the Kent royal branch have true Romanov blood through GD Elena Vladimirovna, dear Princess Marina's mother. They are true blue-blooded royals, unlike their cousins, the Yorks, the Gloucesters, the Wales and the others. It was rather unfortunate that the then Duke of Kent was born fourth in line to the British throne. Be that as it may, and given Bertie's stammering, Henry's issues with alcohol and the humble origin of the wives of both the afore-mentioned Princes, it goes beyond my imagination and beyond comprehension, why the Britons could not alter the succession laws in 1936, right after David's abdication so that the Duke of Kent could become the next King. Was it fate? I very much doubt it.:flowers:
There was a possiblity,I suppose,that if it had occurred this event,that the future king would have been Prince Michael,as his elder brother inherited the title of duke already.But I cannot imagine such a possibility anyway,as George V on his death bed announce that he wanted Albert to become his heir.

It ddint matter who George supposedly wanted as his heir. Succession is determined by law not a monarchs whim.
Also had George, Duke of Kent found his way to the throne his elder son Edward would have become Prince of Wales (not second Duke of Kent) and later king. His younger brother Michael presumably would also have become a royal duke but eventually excluded from the succession by his marriage to MC. The Earl of St Andrews would have been P of W instead and may not have married the RC divorcee Silvana or he would also have lost his place in succession.

Voilà ! I like playing "what-if" sometimes, I think it's rather exciting. With all due respect, money can't buy class or rank and vice versa. Princess Marina's family weren't wealthy, but they were majestical in manners, appearance and not only. The Queen Mother was too provincial for my taste, and this is just an example. Why don't we agree that sometimes we may disagree on some issues? :flowers:

Prince Michael is so handsome! dashing! you can tell he has Slavic genes,best looks of all.

wasnt Prince Michael married twice Civil and Religious

10 Cases of Inappropriate Dress

http://2leep.com/news/156434/1118/

10 Cases of Inappropriate Dress

Read on and decide for yourself if these ladies should have concealed or revealed!

Published on 3/22/2011 under Misc - by Beverly Jenkins - 82,363 views TAGS: cleavage

Hey, who doesn't love cleavage? We certainly do. However there's a time and a place to show off the goods, and the following ten people might want to rethink their attire in certain situations. Read on and decide for yourself if these ladies should have concealed or revealed!
q.gif

top4.gif
A Royal Hullabaloo

At a wedding, it's customary for guests and family members to dress conservatively so as not to upstage the bride. This rule is definitely in play at a British royal wedding, yet when Lord Freddie Windsor and Sophie Winkleman were married in 2009, all eyes were not on the lovely lady-to-be, but on the groom's mother instead.

Princess Michael of Kent was determined not to be out-shined by her new daughter-in-law. She turned up at the wedding in a low-cut gown with her royal jubblies on display, causing a collective raising of the eyebrows amongst her people. Dubbed "Princess Push-Up" by the British media, Princess Michael seemed unperturbed by the scrutiny.

Link

JAN MOIR: At what age should a woman cover up? It's Princess Push-Up thrusting forward the question... | Mail Online

Photo

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/15/article-1213517-06688C00000005DC-22_468x516.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Michael is so bright beauty,that she could outshine even young women,no matter they are brides or not!

@Al_bina I couldn't have worded it better myself. The Britons tend to forget that the Kent royal branch have true Romanov blood through GD Elena Vladimirovna, dear Princess Marina's mother. They are true blue-blooded royals, :flowers:

Considering that the "Romanovs" till 1613 were just nobles, that their dynasty died out in the male-line after just 3 tsars, the current "Romanovs" are just a German dynasty (Holstein-Gottrop) who got to the throne through the female line and it is not clear if Tsar Paul really was his father's son and not that of a lover of his mother, herself a German princess turned Tsarina... then I must say I have different ideas about what true-blooded Royals are!

The Romanovs were known for their power and their wealth but not for their lineage or good breeding, thus the oldest dynasties of Europe like Habsburg-Lorraine or Wittelsbach never married a Romanov. And vice versa. While the Hannoverans, the Saxe-Coburg and the Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gluecksburg, to name the last three dynasties to "take over" the Royal House of Britain through marrige to the female heiress, are very old Royal dynasties dating back to the times of Charlesmagne's dividing his "Franconian realm" into a German, French and Lorraine part.

Considering that the "Romanovs" till 1613 were just nobles, that their dynasty died out in the male-line after just 3 tsars, the current "Romanovs" are just a German dynasty (Holstein-Gottrop) who got to the throne through the female line and it is not clear if Tsar Paul really was his father's son and not that of a lover of his mother, herself a German princess turned Tsarina... then I must say I have different ideas about what true-blooded Royals are!

The Romanovs were known for their power and their wealth but not for their lineage or good breeding, thus the oldest dynasties of Europe like Habsburg-Lorraine or Wittelsbach never married a Romanov. And vice versa. While the Hannoverans, the Saxe-Coburg and the Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gluecksburg, to name the last three dynasties to "take over" the Royal House of Britain through marrige to the female heiress, are very old Royal dynasties dating back to the times of Charlesmagne's dividing his "Franconian realm" into a German, French and Lorraine part.
In the process of studying Romanovs,many Russian historians consider that Tsar Paul was son of Peter III Romanov,as he resembled his father.Besides all,I have to say that Princess Michael is a descendant of different royal houses,as French,Italian,Portuguese and Hungarian.

In the process of studying Romanovs,many Russian historians consider that Tsar Paul was son of Peter III Romanov,as he resembled his father.

And another many have doubts. The character of Tsarina Catherine II. certainly didn't help....

Especially as Catherine was closely related by blood to her husband, both were great-grandchildren of Duke Christian Albrecht of Holstein-Gottorp, whose grandson Karl married Anna Romanova (Parents of Peter) and whose grandddaughter Johanna married Christian of Anhalt-Zerbst (Parents of Spohie - later called Catherine). And if you look at their respective other ancestry, you'll see that most of them came form the leading families of their Northern homeregion of Germany, namely of Saxony, of Brandenburg (Prussia), of Jülich-Cleve-Berg (Branch of the Wittelsbach of Bavaria) and of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Thus any resemblance cannot be counted as proof as this could come from common ancestors.

Princess Michael is so bright beauty,that she could outshine even young women,no matter they are brides or not!

She looked lovely, and is used to looking lovely all the time. It would have been disappointing to see her all buttoned up.

Princess michael looks fabulous!
Whatever happened to the apartment at kensington palace?
Are the the only current royals in residence?

Exactly, and IMO didn't need to emphasize her assets quite so much. With her looks, height, and social status, she'd have been front-and-centre anyway.:ermm:

Exactly, and IMO didn't need to emphasize her assets quite so much. With her looks, height, and social status, she'd have been front-and-centre anyway.:ermm:

Demure and wallflower are words never associated with Princess Michael. She does enjoy drawing attention to herself. While she is certainly still beauiful and well preserved there is still something off putting about a woman of a certain age putting her assets so prominently on display, especially at her sons wedding.

Demure and wallflower are words never associated with Princess Michael. She does enjoy drawing attention to herself. While she is certainly still beauiful and well preserved there is still something off putting about a woman of a certain age putting her assets so prominently on display, especially at her sons wedding.

She looked wonderful, but was dressed inappropriately for the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom