Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to see Princess Michael visiting Moscow and attending the fashion show.

I was looking at this pics earlier today and was wondering whether the Romanovs mind the Michaels of Kent getting so much attention in Russia.

It is nice to see Princess Michael visiting Moscow and attending the fashion show.

^the current Romanov 'heirs' have very little credibility in Russia. Even the monarchist groupuscules favor the Prince Michael as a potential Tsar. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit jealous, yes.
:previous:
Princess Michael is a great-great-granddaughter of Diane de Poitiers.
Indeed, and she has such admiration for the woman that she wrote her biography.
As she explained in the book, black and white were Diane's colours and she wore them exclusively so that's why Princess Micheal is dressed like a 'Christmas three in mourning' :lol:.
It's an homage.

Mermaid1962,
Idriel's opinion is correct. The current Romanovs may be envious of respect shown to Prince and Princess Michal of Kent, but they can do nothing about it. Some monarchist groups would like to see Prince Michal as a Tsar because of his bloodline and his personal qualities, knowledge, and skills to perform a job.

I have no doubt that, for those who would like to see a restoration of the monarchy in Russia, Prince Michael's appearance would certainly trigger a lot of nostalgia. I did some reading up on the claimants to the Russian throne after I posted my question, and now I understand the controversies better. Were I a Russian monarchist, I'd likely support Prince Michael as well.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress Anna-Roza Bistroff is wearing is very similar to the dress the princess wore to King Constantine's birthday event.

Posts discussing Princess Michael's emerald jewellery have been moved to the Kent Jewels thread in the Royal Jewels forum.

^ Me too. And the Kents being the perfect 'candidates'?! I don't know, sounds like a Hollywood movie scenario to me. :)

I have no doubt that, for those who would like to see a restoration of the monarchy in Russia, Prince Michael's appearance would certainly trigger a lot of nostalgia. I did some reading up on the claimants to the Russian throne after I posted my question, and now I understand the controversies better. Were I a Russian monarchist, I'd likely support Prince Michael as well.:flowers:

Mermaid, I am curious. What is the controversies, please explain? Thanks.:flowers:

:previous:
Georgiea, questions about the Romanov succession are best discussed in the Russian forum, not the British.

Prince Michael of Kent seen outside the May Fair Hotel in London,
June 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

In the meantime Princess Michael is in Russia:

Princess Michael of Kent attends the 3rd Imperor`s Gardens of Russia
International Gardening Festival in St.Petersburg, Russia, June 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Russo is getting old! She had to look at the picture for a minute as she thought Princess Michael was standing next to the flying nun. . . .
As it is, both looked lovely.

That is some interesting head gear.

The Prince Michael of Kent's fund is listed among the supporters of this annual garden event. So Princess Michael's annual appearance of the event is to be expected. Princess Michael looked lovely and enjoyed the event.

Russo is getting old! She had to look at the picture for a minute as she thought Princess Michael was standing next to the flying nun. . . .
As it is, both looked lovely.

I thought that too. Princess Michael looked lovely. I wonder how heavy the hat? is.:flowers:

A previous poster mentioned that the dress the designer Roza was wearing resembled Princess M's red dress. I suspect she did design it as she also made Sophie Winkleman's wedding dress on the Princess' recommendation and also Princess M's dress for Lord Freddie's wedding. I'm thinking that she may now be patronising Roza as her regular designer in the wake of Gianfranco Ferre's death (he being her favourite designer during most of her Royal career).

Princess Michael attended an exhibition of star architect Zaha
Hadid in Zurich, Switzerland, June 13, 2010. So here stay in
England for the festivities on Saturday has been a short one ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video **

This can not be happening ... :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: Princess Michael's ensemble was absolutely awkward. A turban paired with a polka dots shawl collar and a multi-chain necklace is a bit too much for one look. Her German sounded nice though.

Hate that dress anyway and with the turban the whole outfit is awful IMO. But it was interesting to hear her speaking German. Wev'e now had posts on this thread of her speaking that and French as well which has been interesting. It must be nice to be tri-lingual.

Yeah, ix-nay on the ess-dray. Russo rather thought Marie-Christine was in the middle of chemo with the head attire. . . .

She said that her outfit wasn't planned that way, it rather had something to do with the rainy weather in Zurich. :D

Anyway, her Austrian accent sounds great.

Oh My! My first thought was "carnival fortune teller.":ermm:

The third picture is the most faithful to her, I think. Her smile is very pretty.
Does she speak with an Austrian accent? To me, she sounds different from the German announcer.

I loved hearing her speak German. I had to laugh because I bet the humidity gave her a nice blond afro before she wrapped it up. Years ago in my former occupation I used to shellac my hair into place and wish for the best as I got ready to meet clients :ROFLMAO:

The Princess Michael speaks excellent Australian and Hungarian as well. The princess is always stylish, can't we display some good manners and pretend that we didn't notice her ensemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom