Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westminster,
Thanks for photos!:flowers:
It is always a pleasure to see Prince and Princess Michael paying another visit to the Russia. Princess Michael looked great as usual.

Thanks for the pictures, Westminster. :flowers: I believe that this are the first pictures of MC this year? Anyway, her hairstyle takes some getting used to. ;)

I can see the idea behind the 'Russian' hairstyle of Princess Michael. ;) Nice to see them travelling together. They both look really good. Thanks Westi! :flowers:

Those pics were not taken in Russia. The event was a tribute gala to Rudolph Nureyev at the London Coliseum which the Prince and Princess atended as guests of honour. I read about this in Hello magazine but it didn't say on what date it took place but I think it must have been in March at some point.

Oh dear, thanks a lot, Angela! I found them on a Russian website. I can't read the Russian letters too well. So I used an online translator and the result, as we can see, was a mess!
Thanks again for the correction!!

Prince & Princess Micahel certainly appear to spend a considerable amount of their time in Eastern Europe

Indeed. I just did a quick research on the Russian version of google and found lots of stuff about them which I hadn't seen here on this board before. Both seem to have visited Russia last year alone a few times (there are also a few videos available). I wonder how popular they are in Russia?

Prince Michael speaks Russian fluently and is related to the Romanovs. His resemblance to Nicholas II added to the popularity.

Prince Michael speaks Russian fluently and is related to the Romanovs. His resemblance to Nicholas II added to the popularity.

As the culture of "new Russia" develops and the newly wealthy get comfortable with their roles, there will be plenty for rent-a-royals like Prince & Princess Michael of Kent to pick on!

I beg your pardon, but I have not understood what you wanted to say.

I beg your pardon, but I have not understood what you wanted to say.

There are plenty of opportunities for the Michaels to pursure their commercial activities in Russia. Prince Michael's obvious physical resemblance to the last Tsar, and royal parentage, is an advantage to him in these commercial activities. These commercial activities can only be funded by the "new" wealth creation that Russia has seen in the last 2 decades.

I see. When it comes to physical traits, they are genetic. It is not his fault.

I see. When it comes to physical traits, they are genetic. It is not his fault.

I never suggested so. It certainly is a commercial advantage that he no doubt benefits from in his rent-a-royal acitvities

I dare to say that other members of the British royal family (e.g.,:sad::sad: some of Prince Andrew's recent actions may be construed this way) or members of the British nobility (e.g., Viscount Linley's furniture and interior business comes to mind) take full advantage of their royal ties. Previosly members of the British nobility married several rich American ladies to improve their fortunes. Prince Michael capitalises on what belongs to him. I guess there is nothing wrong with that nowadays.

Today, April 27, Prince and Princess Michael attended the
production premiere of Aida at the Royal Opera House, in
London. Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla attended as
well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Wow, Princess Michael looks so glamorous - love her pink earrings! I also love Camilla's smile.;) She's a strong woman. Thanks for the updates Iceflower!!!! :flowers:

Thanks for the update and photos!
It is nice great to see Prince and Princess Michael attending "Aida". What can be more delightful than listening to great voices of opera singers and enjoying the life.
On a different note, I have to say that I am not keen on a metallic jacket worn by Princess Michael. It looked awkward, to say the least.

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Iceflower. :flowers:

I like her jacket, it's quite unusual but it suits her (but what wouldn't suit her? ;)). Her hair looks awful, IMO. :eek:

Anyway, it's very nice to see the couple and I hope they enjoyed the opera!

Wow, Princess Michael looks so glamorous - love her pink earrings! I also love Camilla's smile.;) She's a strong woman. Thanks for the updates Iceflower!!!! :flowers:
Doesn't she though? I don't think I've ever seen Princess Michael look bad. Really.

(I'm sure now somebody will pop up with a hideous pic to make Russo eat her words. . .:D)

I dare to say that other members of the British royal family (e.g.,:sad::sad: some of Prince Andrew's recent actions may be construed this way) or members of the British nobility (e.g., Viscount Linley's furniture and interior business comes to mind) take full advantage of their royal ties. Previosly members of the British nobility married several rich American ladies to improve their fortunes. Prince Michael capitalises on what belongs to him. I guess there is nothing wrong with that nowadays.

I have not been critical of the Michaels in these posts, merely observant. IMO justifying the Michael's activities by pointing other examples is not particularly ingenious.

I am also not sure any of the other examples you have mentioned are particularly relevant. Linley has developed a commercial enterprise, that would stand the test of time purely on royal connections. Have you ever been into one of Linley's shops? The things he stocks are absolutely exquisite. I have bought a few pieces there, and will probably buy a few more when we redecorate our London home soon.

Prince Michael should certainly have married a wealthy American if he wanted to. Instead, I guess he chose to marry somebody who, if the press is to be believed, appears to have, rather publicly, had close relationships with certain Americans, Russians.....

Today, April 27, Prince and Princess Michael attended the production premiere of Aida at the Royal Opera House
I thought they both looked great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't she though? I don't think I've ever seen Princess Michael look bad. Really.

(I'm sure now somebody will pop up with a hideous pic to make Russo eat her words. . .:D)

I always thought that royal glamour will die after her. :flowers:

Lady Gabriella is the most regally glamorous lady among the younger generation of the British Royal family. However, it is fair to say that she will make rare public appearances alongside the British royal family. The centrestage will be occupied by common daughters-in-law. When looking at the Kent clan, "What is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh" is the first comes that comes to my mind. They have got an unalienable regal air about them.

I love Princess Michael's look, but i do not like the way she has done her hair. :ermm:

Yes, I agree. She looks so much better with her hair worn "up"...although this do looks a little...fuzzy?:)

Her front and back view of her hair looks really nice. Love the look from top to bottom!

Is that a new diamond brooch she is wearing?

Princess Michael at the Sparks Tribute Gala, Grosvenor
House Hotel, London, England, May 7, 2010.

Nice look, but it reminds me a bit of Julija Tymoschenko,
former prime minister of the Ukraine ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

M'thinks princess m is too old to go around looking like hiedi of the swiss alps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom