Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more sentence to add:

"They will always have to have a bad girl in the family..but I'm not going to have sleepless nights worrying about what the good citizens of Newcastle are thinking about me."

Well, I cannot deny that I always liked this particular quote of Marie-Christine.

I get the feeling that every time she expresses her own thoughts and feelings she gets bashed for it...at least she is honest about it...
I mean she says that her children are more educated and have better grades than the other royal children...if that is the truth what's wrong about saying it if that is really the case?
If she says she is the most blue blooded person since Prince Philipp she gets also bad attention..she is just aware of this fact and because saying something that every genealogist or every royal expert knows she gets bad press?
If she says she doesn't care about the opinion of the people of a country she lives in?She is used to every kind of twisted opinions from English people for decades now just because she is a German Catholic and proud of it?Is it just because she is different and doesn't want to say something others would like to hear?

:previous:Don't forget Marc that she's enjoying a lot of grace and favor things from HM, the Queen, who's grandchildren are those that Marie Christine is dissin'.

Princess Michael enjoys Her Majesty's grace and favour because Her Majesty likes Prince Michael very much. I find it impossible to compare academic levels between various members of the British royal family.

I get the feeling that every time she expresses her own thoughts and feelings she gets bashed for it...at least she is honest about it...
To be upfront with it: I don't want to defend each of her so called 'gaffes', but I agree with you.

We live in times in which political correctness is to be expected and IMHO that isn't exactly MC's strength. I'm not talking about the "back to the colonies"-statement here, because it could have been taken out of context just like HM's statement "she's far too grand for the likes of us"... The same goes with the statement about the education of her children. In the interview, in which she stated this, it seemed to me that she only said it to defend her children because they, Freddie especially, had a bad press at that time. Freddie was called "spoilt, lazy young Royal" etc. and so she tried to explain that he was working and had a good education. The result may have been exaggerating, yes.

However, she often says things which perhaps are that true that no-one wants to hear them or at least aren't expected from a Princess. That might be the main problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
She mentioned stepmother or...?Don't understand French :-(

:previous:

Yes, she did. She talked about some of her trips to Mozambique where she visited her father and much more.

Thanks so much for posting this, Nico. :flowers: It's the first time I hear her en français, not that bad!

he mentioned stepmother or...?Don't understand French :-(

She said that Karen Blixen, the famous writer, was a good friend of her step-mother Pcess Marina....

I think she did mean her father's wife Rosemarie not Princess Marina. :flowers: Rosemarie had known Karen Blixen indeed very well.

Nico,
Thanks a lot for the interview!:flowers::flowers:
Princess Michael felt completely at ease with the talk show host. She speaks French well.

You're welcome ! I just ADORE her upper class voice !

Princess Michael's exceptionally feminine beautiful voice, in my personal opinion, and the way of speaking Princess Michael have been acknowledged multiple times. It has been a pleasure to see her speaking French.

It is nice to see Prince Michael undertaking an engagement. It is impossible for me to determine what the exhibition was devoted to. There are some paleontologic exhibits, wood works and military men with a sniffing/rescue dog

Are you referring to Crufts? Crufts is a dog show.

Thanks for information!:flowers:
Given the photos, it is hard to tell that the Crufts is a dog show.

Prince & Princess Michael of Kent and their son Lord Frederick Windsor attended the London fashion week, February 2010. Here's a picture of them at Hardy Amies' show:

http://i39.tinypic.com/e7yyyb.jpg

Great photo, terrific find, Lord Freddie is looking really good.

Thanks for the photo!
Somebody was fortunate enough to attend the fashion show alongside Prince and Princess Michael.

Prince Michael of Kent, honorary Air Commodore of RAF Benson
presented Afghanistan Medals to crews of Merlin helicopters
who have returned from their tour of duty, benson, Oxfordshire,
March 29, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 6 **

It is nice to see Prince Michael making a public appearance and giving medals to military, who participate in the Afghan military operation. He looked great in the uniform.

He is quite striking in his uniform.

HRH Prince Michael of Kent, Honorary Colonel of the Honourable Artillery
Company, salutes as he attends a 62 Gun Salute by Soldiers of the
Honourable Artillery Company to mark the 84th birthday of HM Queen
Elizabeth II, at the Tower of London on April 21, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic ** gettyimages **

Thanks for the pictures, Westminster. :flowers: I believe that this are the first pictures of MC this year? Anyway, her hairstyle takes some getting used to. ;)

Prince & Princess Micahel certainly appear to spend a considerable amount of their time in Eastern Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom