Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first medal is the UN Force in Cyprus Medal. The next three are, as Iluvbertie states, the Coronation Medal and the Jubilee Medals. The top star and the sash are of a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order. The bottom star and the neck badge are of a Knight of Justice of the Order of St. John.

I didn't see these posted yet:

1 | 2 |

Princess Michael of Kent hosting the Roza Fashion Show at the Westbury Hotel on 15 October 2009

:previous:

Thanks a lot for the pictures, PrinceS :flowers: Marie-Christine looked quite elegant here.

Thanks guys for the explaination of the medals! :flowers:

Pics 18.10.2009

Thanks for the pics, PrinceS, Princess Michael looked great at
that fashion event, and so she did today:

Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent arrive for the
premiere of 'From Time To Time' during the Times BFI 53rd London
Film Festival at the Vue West End on October 18, 2009 in London,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

Thank you for the new pictures, Iceflower. :flowers: Lovely new outfit of Princess Michael, I adore the brooch. She indeed looks still great. :)

Thanks for photos!
It is nice to Princess Michael, who looked really great recently, making public appearances.

HRH Prince Michael of Kent, the Patron of the RBCC (Russian-British
Chamber of Commerce) delivering his speech at the fourth annual
Russia TALK Investment Forum, Moscow, Russia, October 21, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent make such a striking royal couple- regal and classy in every way. So good to see them out making engagements so often... thanks for posting the video, enjoyed it.

Hey D, in your video isn't the first guy the one who played Peter Pettigrew in Harry Potter??

Yes, it's indeed him, Timothy Spall. Btw, the ones who are posing with Prince & Princess Michael are Julian Fellowes (he wrote the original script for "The young Victoria") and his wife Emma Joy Kitchener, who's a lady-in-waiting to Princess Michael.

Thanks for the article! It is nice to see Princess Michael attending events. At the same time, I wonder why journalists never fail to mention negative things about Princess Michael. It is annoying to read snide old remarks over and over again.

I agree with you, Al_Bina. I've just read an article by the Daily Mail about Nicky Haslam. The press can't resist to make a side blow out of everything:

I ask who are his [Nicky Haslam] favourite royals and he singles out Princess Alexandra, which is understandable, and Princess Michael of Kent, which isn't.

'Oh, but she is a sweetheart. Much misunderstood. Well, maybe not a sweetheart, but she is wonderful.'

Always the same. :ermm:

Hi,

Al_bina, you write "journalists" in your post.
I would say these people are not real journalists but gossip columnists and yellow rag scribes.
If they cannot denigrate someone with some new word but need to rehash the 'same old, same old' garbage, then they are not journalists. Journalists tell both sides of a story and do not insult but debate the circumstances.

I would venture to say that there are few real journalists in the world anymore, but a bunch of "hacks" desguised as reporters (which they aren't, either)....

Larry

Prince Michael of Kent has been awarded to the Order of Friendship by
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev today. :flowers:
it was awarded to Prince Michael of Kent – a member of the British Royal Family who has contributed a lot to development of Russian-British relations over the past years.

More information you can read here:

President hands over Russian state awards to foreign celebrities - RT Top Stories (4/11/2009).:)

Al_bina, thank you for the official photo!:flowers:
Both men are in the good mood, in particular, Dmitry Medvedev.
You can see the picture of the medal in the article, it's beautiful and very honourably.:)

Pics 9.11.2009

Princess and Prince Michael of Kent attend the Royal
Rajasthan Gala on November 9, 2009 in London, England.

Quite eye-catching what the Princess wore :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The gentleman in the red scarf in pics 3 and 6 is HH Gaj Singh II, Maharajah of Marewar-Jodhpur.
The Royal Rajasthan Gala charity event was organised to raise funds for the Indian Head Injury Foundation (IHIF), founded by the Maharajah.
Sarah, Duchess of York and the Linleys also attended.

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Iceflower. :flowers: Princess Michael looked simply adorable IMO. Can't imagine that she's indeed turning 65 next January...

iceflower,
Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
It is great to see Prince and Princess Michael attending the charity gala alongside Indian royalty and nobility. As usually, Princess Michael captivated my attention wearing fabulous pieces of jewellery such as a pearl necklace and ear-rings.

I quite like her hair there -- a very flattering style!

Prince Michael looks downright mischievous in that first picture.:lol: ** Pic 1 **

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 11.11.2009

You are most welcome :flowers:

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent with Lady Annbel Goldsmith
attend the book launch party for Lady Annabel Goldsmith's new
book 'No Invitation Required' at Claridge's on November 11, 2009
in London, England.

--------> Pic

Lovely pictures from the Royal Rajasthan Gala Iceflower....many thanks! Oooh and I have a jacket just like that black velvet one MC wore last night!

Good old MC always manages to carry off even the most 'challenging' of frocks and gowns! Even dots on an evening gown!!!!! She never fails to look the part! As for Prince Michael...well he even looks old school Royal with huge regal R to me for obvious reasons and he always looks very well groomed. Lovely dinner suit from Savile Row, Geo. F Trumper for a trim to the hair, 'tache and whiskers with a finishing splash of some lovely Floris or Creed cologne I shouldn't wonder....the whole caboodle!!!!

For all the catty little comments that have been heaped upon these two since their marriage, some based purely on speculation and probably motivated by a little envy I shouldn't wonder.....I think they add a much needed and appreciated panache and style to the RF. The Windsors would be a shade duller without them!!!!!

This couple are my secret, after dark with the curtains drawn tight favourite contemporary British Royals! Ever since dear 'Ma'am darling' went off upstairs on that sad grey February morning back in 2002 I have discovered solace and comfort in the goings on the household at 10 Kensington Palace....these two old troopers really do know how to play the part with aplomb! I wish the Queen had used there services a bit more in an official capacity....they would have been marvelous as roving Commonwealth and particularly European representatives or something!!!!! Such a waste!!!!

...I think they add a much needed and appreciated panache and style to the RF. The Windsors would be a shade duller without them!!!!! ,,,
I can only agree. They're the epitome of what a royal should be.... Great couple, thanks for the pictures, Iceflower!

< ed quote of deleted post and specific response to it >

I do concede that I grudgingly understand why so many of the 'people' do regard MC as a bit of a hanger on....but Prince Michael was not a fully 'paid up' salaried 'working' member of the firm even before he married MC.

All I am saying is that MC married the man not a 'real or defined' job as so many other prospective Princess do! Prince Michael was not like other British HRHs at that time was he?!?! MC seems to have been aware that neither she nor Prince Michael would ever be expected to carry out any top drawer duties and that they could subsequently endeavour to try and balance being a Prince and Princess of the blood Royal (Turning out and looking presentable on requisite occasions!) along with all the scrutiny, pressure, prejudices that entails along with the perks and comforts such positions entailed, whilst seeking avenues along which to traverse in the hope of finding some semblance of firm financial security for the long term! Eeeeeek....Goodness I dare say this is a touchy subject! But I do get cross.......as I see the Michaels do so many positive and quiet things without fuss and with a great deal of style and Royal Pizzazz if you like! It is just a matter of 'the devil and the deep blue sea' where they are concerned...they never seem to be able to win! It wasn't Prince Michael's fault that he was born the last and most junior in order of precedence Prince of his generation! It didn't really help either that he confounded his rather 'lowly' position in the Firm's pecking order and really blotted his copy book in some quarters, by marrying the daughter of a German SS officer.....but that's 'Little Britain' for you.....it is so like that in so many ways....it drives me potty on occasion!!!!!!! What probably made things even more galling for the People and perhaps the Family, was that MC was such an undeniable stunner!!!!! Oooh..... it must have caused such a 'grating' on some nerves - almost as much as was probably necessary to provide sufficient lemon peel for Cookie and Queen to have in their respective Dubonnet and gin drinkie-poos !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom