Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my naiveté, but what photoshoot? Can you share the link?

Thanks!

I don't have a link, but I have the photos in my archives. For example, my avatar photo comes from that photoshoot. And I remember a couple shots outside their home, similar to the one they used as a Christmas card.;) I guess someone needs to confirm that first, I might be wrong.:flowers:

I presume that Bryan Adams is the singer Brian Adams. He appears to be a talented photographer. Prince and Princess Michael were an epitome of aristrocraticism.

:previous: I totally agree, Al_Bina and yes, it is the singer Adams. On his site are also a few pictures of Sophie Winkleman.

Thank you for finding the link for us, Dierna23! :flowers: Bryan Adams has done an amazing job, IMO. I appreciated him as a musician, same now as a photographer. The whole 'atmosphere' in the Christmas card photo reminded me of that particular photoshoot. Beautiful, crystal-clear, professional shots all of them.;)

Important to notice behind Princess Michael the late Lord Louis Mountbatten

:previous:
...and it was in response to Mountbatten's self-appointed role as ex officio marriage broker and enthusiastic advocate that HM was reported to have said "She sounds far too grand for us".

What do you all think?Will they maybe,just maybe go to Friedrich Georg von Preussen and Sophie von Isenburg's wedding?

Are there any sort of connections apart from royal blood and descendance of Queen Victoria?

Ah yes...the dry Windsor wit.;)

:previous:
...and it was in response to Mountbatten's self-appointed role as ex officio marriage broker and enthusiastic advocate that HM was reported to have said "She sounds far too grand for us".

Maybe somebody know where has been Prince Michael living since his mother (Princess Marina) death to his marriage with Marie Christine? Due to the fact they got their apartment in Kensington Palace as a wedding gift from QEII.

Maybe somebody know where has been Prince Michael living since his mother (Princess Marina) death to his marriage with Marie Christine? Due to the fact they got their apartment in Kensington Palace as a wedding gift from QEII.

I believe they still reside in Kensington Palace.

What do you all think?Will they maybe,just maybe go to Friedrich Georg von Preussen and Sophie von Isenburg's wedding?

Are there any sort of connections apart from royal blood and descendance of Queen Victoria?

Her ancestors were more Austria and South Germany based high nobility. In the female line she is descended from princesses of Arenberg, Auersperg, Windisch-Graetz, Lobkowitz, Khevenhüller, Schwarzenberg, Liechtenstein, Pignatelli, ..., all Houses which were considered "equal" in Austria and Germany.

I found a female ancestor of the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, but this Countess Maria Cleopha married in 1632 Philippe de Ligne, Prince d'Arenberg... very far removed.

Her ancestors were more Austria and South Germany based high nobility. In the female line she is descended from princesses of Arenberg, Auersperg, Windisch-Graetz, Lobkowitz, Khevenhüller, Schwarzenberg, Liechtenstein, Pignatelli, ..., all Houses which were considered "equal" in Austria and Germany.

I found a female ancestor of the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, but this Countess Maria Cleopha married in 1632 Philippe de Ligne, Prince d'Arenberg... very far removed.

Thank you for this,very interesting connection of Princess Michael with Hohenzollern dynasty from 17th century ;-)

I thought about social connections...we all know that they tend to take part in various continent weddings and that they keep some sort of contact with their German relatives/friends,so I wondered is there anything known if the PM couple ever met George Friedrich/maybe Sophie(through her parents) or do they know each other at all?

I hope Prince and Princess Michael will attend the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg.

^^ Maybe they will. But I don't expect too much coverage of this wedding.;)

I think I'm having Princess Michael withdrawal symptoms: has anyone come across any new interviews, photos, news, etc.?

(P.S. Happy Valentines Day to those who celebrate)

Yes, it's been quite a while since we've heard of her. ;) All I know is that her new book will be published soon (in early 2011) and I guess she's busy with her work then.

Happy Valentine's, too! :)

Princess Michael of Kent attended the launch of the Stephane St. Jaymes
spring/summer 2011 colllection at The Westbury Hotel on February 16, 2011
in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for sharing, Iceflower! :) It's been a while since we last saw Princess Michael. Her purse is so funky!

Is she ill or something? I know that she always had a soft spot for India, but this is the last straw. And a friendly suggestion from Mrs K. from Vienna: hands off the botox injection, darling. At least for a few months.

Oh Black, I'd kill for your precious advice!! :lol: I hope she remains healthy, I wondered if she's ill too, when I saw the turban.

I do not know what it is, honey. But it doesn't look like Indian summer. :whistling:

I do not know what it is, honey. But it doesn't look like Indian summer. :whistling:

Certainly not. She instantly reminded me of Kip, that Indian guy Juliette Binoche fell in love with in The English Patient. Not that it matters, just sharing the thought. :rolleyes:

Marie-Christine has worn turbans on several occassions over the years. She is one of the few who could carry them off. I assume she is not sick.

Her purse IS funky. She is an unabashed cat lover, having had many over the years; mostly Siamese, I think.

Last edited:
Imagine my shock (when reading a two day old Washington Post) that Prince Michael of Kent was in my neck of the woods. I am so sorry guys that I wasn't paying attention to the royal goings on in Washington, DC. If I had known, I would have tried to get a picture at least. Oh well, better luck next time.

--------------

Among the many perks of being first cousin to the queen of England: an invitation to the royal wedding.
"It's lovely news and a great thrill," said His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent. "The wonderful thing is to have some good family news in this rather gloomy economic climate. It lifts everybody up. So it's a lovely thing to look forward to."

A lesson in U.K. royalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom