The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Renate, Countess von Rehbinder, Princess Michael of Kent
and Fidelius, Count von Rehbinder at the VIP Viewing Art
Basel, Switzerland, June 15, 2010.

** Pic ** belga **

Old 06-16-2010, 06:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Princess Michael attended an exhibition of star architect Zaha
Hadid in Zurich, Switzerland, June 13, 2010. So here stay in
England for the festivities on Saturday has been a short one

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video **
I think there is a consensus here on MC's ensemble here.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

On May 29th Princess Michael of Kent, dressed in a renaissance, costume attended a festivity to commemorate the death of Diane de Poitiers in 1566. This happened at the Chateau d'Anet, where the Diane settled when she left court. Another guest was Princess Gersende of France, Duchess of Orleans:

Marie Christine de Kent et la duchesse dOrléans au château dAnet | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 06-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

Here is a video in which we can see Princess Michael "at work". It was obviously taken this June during her visit to Russia where she attended the flower exhibition. She is giving a few interviews and talks to some people.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Westminster!

She's such a fun an interesting lady to listen to. One of the things I have noticed by watching her speak on various videos is that she comes across as quite intellectual which, in today's world, seems to provoke a lot of people (a strange penalty that I can relate to). That's a bit sad because she seems genuinely nice.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Thanks a lot for the video!
Princess Michael proves adept in the art of giving interviews. Her responses are articulate. She comes across as a friendly likable person.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Majesty

That's such an awkward position that she's holding from 0:15 on in the video. She must have strong legs and hips!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for posting this video, Westminster!

It's always so interesting to watch Royals "uncut" and we don't have the chance to see Princess M. like that very often.
I can only agree with PrinceS - she comes across intellectual and absolutely nice.

A few pictures of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent at Ascot, yesterday:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7
Old 06-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Nobility

Pic 1 - Love the detail of the pleats within the pleat! Does anyone have any idea who the designer is?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
That's such an awkward position that she's holding from 0:15 on in the video. She must have strong legs and hips!
Though Princess Michael of Kent had several back operations over the past years, I'm sure she still manages it to hold this position for a few minutes. It certainly helps that she has been a sporty person all her life.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Majesty

I think that this is the same suit but worn with a different hat. It's from when Lord Frederick Windsor was at Eton.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thank you for posting this video, Westminster!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that this is the same suit but worn with a different hat. It's from when Lord Frederick Windsor was at Eton.
Wow! As they say in baseball, "good eyes Mermaid".

And PMoK really is a master at recycling! (copyright Dierna)
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

She also wore it to Charles and Camilla's wedding and it was reported at that time to have been designed by Nina Ricci.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Majesty

I had actually been looking for the occasion when I thought that she wore the hat before. I searched for Princess Michael in the 90s, and the suit showed up. Still looking for the hat.

She's such a contrast to Princess Anne in this way. PM can wear something from 20 years ago and make it look new. PA's styles look more dated when she rewears them. Perhaps it has something to do with both ladies' accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
Wow! As they say in baseball, "good eyes Mermaid".

And PMoK really is a master at recycling! (copyright Dierna)
Old 06-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Just found this article about a major event Prince Michael attended in Feb this year at Westminster Abbey in relation to the SSAFA of which he is President. It's just another example of the really significant work carried out by the so-called "junior Royals". Despite the portrayal of the Kents and Gloucesters in the press as lazy hangers-on so many charities would suffer greatly if they ceased to do the work they do as the younger, more senior, Royals drag their feet in relation to this kind of work. In the case of Prince Michael who is never re-imbursed by the Queen for the work he does whether it is of National significance, as this event was, or not, it is even more commendable IMO. Sorry I'm getting a bit carried away but here is the website anyway,

A Service to Celebrate the 125th Anniversary of the SSAFA Associsation Forces Help - Westminster Abbey
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think that PMK buys pieces that are classic so they won't really date very much whereas Anne wears clothes that are very obviously from the 70's and 80's.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Princess Michael of Kent with Mrs Leonie Frieda during Day One of the
2010 Wimbledon Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis Club,
Wimbledon, June 21, 2010.

** Pic **
Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

^ Ready for tennis! She has this glamorous air even at the Tennis Club. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Administrator

You're welcome and I totally share your impression about that!

Prince Michael and Princess Michael of Kent attended the Elephant Parade-
auction held at the Royal Hospital Chelsea. London, England, June 30, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not crazy about the outfit though the color is very very rich on Marie-Christine.
As an aside, who WASN'T at the elephant doo-hickey thingummy??