Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 19.9.2007

Thank you for the pictures iceflower. :flowers:

At her age, with her hair thinning, she needs to ensure it is tied back or up.
"Good hair days" get rare, but there still are some ;) like last night ;)

Princess Michael of Kent attends the Cartier International Jewellery
Launch Night held at Lancaster House on September 19, 2007 in London.
MJ Kim/Getty Images

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Have the Michaels found a new home(s) yet?

Pics 10.10.2007

Princess Michael of Kent attends the preview of the Frieze Art
Fair 2007, at Regent's Park on October 10, 2007 in London:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

"Good hair days" get rare, but there still are some ;) like last night ;)

Princess Michael of Kent attends the Cartier International Jewellery
Launch Night held at Lancaster House on September 19, 2007 in London.
MJ Kim/Getty Images

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
Is it me or is she starting to look a bit like Lauren Bacall??

Maybe they use the same surgeon. :rolleyes:

The prince seems to have aged tremendously with his almost white beard. the princess is not far behind him despite her efforts whatever they may be.

I think Russophile hit it. She is totally Lauren Bacall. :)

Pics 17.10.2007

New pics of your second Lauren Bacall ;):)

Princess and Prince Michael of Kent attend the Cartier VIP dinner to
celebrate the re-opening of their New Bond St. store, at the Natural
History Museum on October 17, 2007 in London, England. Benett/Getty

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Stunning? Whoever that woman is she's had too much plastic surgery and looks awful.

Who is that stunning woman in pic 3 talking with Princess Michael?
The woman you are talking about is Arielle Dombasle, a French actress
and singer, married to the French philosophy Bernard Henry Levy, she's
54, I've no idea if she trys to turn back the time ;);)

Pics 4.11.2007

Prince Michael of Kent and his daughter Lady Gabriella Windsor cross the
finishing line London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, Brighton, East Sussex,
Britain - 04 Nov 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Back to Prince Michael--I love the photo of him and Ella in the antique car--what a nice photo of the two of them!

Doesn't he, though? Ella is stunning!
New topic--
Does anyone think that Princess Michael will ever get the RFO? Princess Alexandra (I just love her) and the Duchess of Kent have both received the RFO, but nothing for Princess Michael yet.

I don't think so. I don't think HM has forgiven her for the earrings incident and I am not sure the HM would want her to have it. But that's just MHO.

She's been in the family since what, 1976 or something? She would have had it by now if she was going to get it.....

She's been in the family since what, 1976 or something? She would have had it by now if she was going to get it.....
Since 1978 actually, jcb. But well even the former Duchess of York did not get one, i do not believe that Princess Michael would get one from the Queen. Otherwise, if King Charles is nice to give her the one of his own.

I think with Camilla getting it after all the damage that her relationship with Charles caused to the Monarchy then anything is possible.

Camilla has actually, in my opinion, done quite a lot for the monarchy since she married Charles. She's elegant, discreet, and "stands by her man"!

I do feel badly for Princess Michael, not having the RFO, but the Queen has her reasons for not bestowing it upon Marie-Christine.

I know that Prince and Princess Michael don't generally carry out duties, but they have represented the Queen and done some other things for her--if they can carry out duties on her behalf then I think that the Princess should get the order--nice is nice.

Just my opinion ...

Sharing the above opinion, it is sad that Princess Michael has not been given the Family Order by Her Majesty, who has got solid reasons for doing so. Furthermore, it would be fair to assume that Princess Michael may not get the Order at all. Princess Michael is an elegant lady, who has made her relationships with Prince Michael work. So it may be said that she stands by her man, too. She does have a flair for stirring up some controversies. However, she is not the only member of the British Royal Family, who has done or is doing it. As observed in Wikipedia (an unreliable source of information), “The Kents do not officially carry out royal duties, although they have on occasion represented Queen Elizabeth II at functions abroad”. Alas... these duties do not
necessarily entail the Family Order for Princess Michael.
Comparing Princess Michael and Duchess of Cornwall is impossible due to a significant difference in position they occupy within the Royal Family. It does not matter whether Duchess of Cornwall is bad or good, she is the daughter-in-law and wife of the Crown Prince; whereas Princess Michael belongs to extended family members (I hope that this assumption is correct).

Last edited:
I don't know why the Queen dosn't just go on and give it to her. I too think that she has done enough over the years to now merit it and it would be nice to have the "full set" of Royal ladies having it. And when I mentioned Camilla earlier I was merley trying to make the point that she hasn't caused any more trouble than other people who have it, including Sophie with that episode when she blabbed about the family to the fake shiek, so that shouldn't go against her.

Last edited:
Right you are, Angela, noting that Princess Michael has not caused any more troubles than others in the British Royal Family. Nevertheless Her Majesty may have some compelling reasons for not giving the Family Order to her.

Last edited:
I'd love to know the Queen's reasons as it just looks mean spirited to me. How would she feel if she was made to be the odd one out at family gatherings constantly watching other people arriving on the scene and getting something you have been waiting decades for. It must be humiliating and hurtful for the Princess as she's not such a bad person to deserve this kind of treatment. I also feel sorry for Prince Michael as he must really feel for his wife over this.

Last edited:
Well... what could be said? Yes, a truly sad situation, but I believe nothing effective could be done to rectify the situation.

I think it's a case of facing facts. The Queen doesn't like Princess Michael. Does Princess Michael care? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom