The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
I think she is one of the most gracefully aged women I've ever seen, but this is the first time I've ever seen her hands up close and they certainly are the hands of a woman in her 60s
The hands never lie. I saw beautiful Stevie Nicks and her hands were the same. (And then Russo said, "There IS a God!" And there was much rejoicing!)
There is no doubt that Princess Michael takes excellent care of herself!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

Photo of Princess Michael shopping at Whole Foods She looks like she's having fun!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Majesty

Daily Mail has a tendency to add a dramatic touch to almost everything Princess Michael does. What is wrong with Princess Michael going to buy things she needs? Nothing ... She does not do anything embarrassing. Perhaps, she wanted to buy groceries she was in the mood for.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isn't the "reporter" the same Kate Nichol who is being ridiculed when she writes negative comments about more beloved members of the family or their close friends?
Old 12-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Photo of Princess Michael shopping at Whole Foods She looks like she's having fun!
It is probably something she does on occasion, I can't see why the need for the shock from Nicholl.

It is so funny where Nicholl writes 'her spy', this probably means the shop assistant who rang the Mail having taken a picture with her mobile?
Old 12-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness, what a shock. Royalty actually eat....
Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

If she didn't do this they would say she's a snob and when she does do it they still try and ridicule her. Princess M can never win with the U.K. press and thats why I don't beleive much, if any, of the negative stories written about her as as it's been clear for years that most of the newspapers are totally against her.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

If someone knew nothing about her, they'd be surprised at the negative slant of that article.
When was the last time anyone was ridiculed for going to the supermarket?
I am not a fan but when someone is getting attacked unfairly I sort of "like" them just because they become someone's victim. Ms Nichols better watch out, she may turn Princess Pushy into a likeable person.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness

Meh, Whole Foods is fairly high-end.
Show me pictures of her browsing the discount aisles of Asda and maybe we'll have a story.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Majesty

You are so right, Idriel, noting that Whole Food Market is not exactly the place to shop for people experiencing financial issues. Thus, it may safely be guessed that "Princess Michael shopping herself in a grocery shop" story was an easy money for some minor employee of the aforementioned shop.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

Here's another story that ran about her shopping trip ("Forget the Tiara, Supermarket trolley new Royal accessory") and it seems to be written in a more positive light.

I thought this line was cute "In a way it was rather sweet but comical to see her blend in with the public"
Old 12-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Why is it comical to blend in with a crowd? Had Princess Michael demanded a special treatment, there would have been an public outcry about her demanding antics.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I bet she didn´t actually blend in with the crowd, I believe she is very tall so she was probably looking down at everyone literally.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Miss Nicholl's article is wrong on a factual level ie the Princess is not 60 but 63. It is also full of conjecture ie the suggestion that this was the first time the Princess had visited the shop and that she was there because of the credit crunch (read the Mail article).

P.S. I am a bit disappointed with the reporter Nathan Kay (in one of the previous posts) who referred to Princess M as Princess Pushy in his headline after admitting in his report that he got on really well with her and liked her. It might be a small point but the Princess takes abuse daily in the papers and I am sure she would have appreciated the omission of this moniker in a report by someone who actually had something positive to say about her.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

To be the devil's advocate here, Mr. Russo is trying (in vain!) to cut out gluten and go more natural and organic. Whole Foods is an EXCELLENT store for that. In addition, they carry (here in the US, Oregon in particular) a healthy wine section (oh you KNEW Russo had to check that section out!! ) --and beer--and they have lots of natural and organic meats. They stock lots of gluten free products and bulk ingredients if you wish to make your own gluten free brownies or what not. I am taking this with a grain of salt that Princess Michael is trying to cut out the crap in her food.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think they are particularly 'high end' either, now if it had been Harrods or Fortnums!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t think Harrods sells Duchy Products .
Old 12-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Whole Food Market is known for carrying organic products as well as other items (bread, pastry, spreads, pate) that are 100% natural without artificial preservatives and sweeteners.My personal favourites are carrot cupcakes/mini cakes, shrimp inari, and little cheesecakes. It is the only place in the area I live, where one can buy fresh kefir and figs (my favourite fruit). The prices are more expensive, but my satisfaction with quality compensates for incurring extra expenses. I am not sure whether or not it can be compared with Harrods Food Court known for selling diverse, but often expensive products such as black/red caviar or foie gras.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Majesty

There is only one WholeFoods store in London, which is on High St Kensington, very close to KP. It is a vary large store (the site of the old Barkers departmental store) and has 4-5 floors. The food is actually quite expensive... substantially more than Waitrose or M&S.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Great Princess Michael!!! Don't people want a Monarchy close to itself? (is it a right english?!?)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent