The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Paspaley has a GORGEOUS site here:
Pearls - Natural gems produced by Paspaley Pearls

Old 10-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Majesty

'Life Action Trust' Charity Event In London - Pictures - Zimbio
Princess Michael's pearls are stunning. I could only image how much this jewellery set cost ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
... [snipped] As you may recall, the point I was making was that I do not think the public would accept them as King and Queen. ... [snipped]
Public at large is entitled to form their personal opinion about the couple in question. As for accepting Prince and Princess Michael as King and Queen, it will never happen. No matter what they do, Prince and Princess Michael will be viewed negatively. Thus, it does not really matter what public may think of them.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
If they are the Paspaley pearls, and they certainly look as if they are, they would be the right size and in the right number to be worth that.
Where is the "green with envy" smiley?
Where is the 'I am so short of money' smiley!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those smileys are needed urgently........
Old 10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Majesty

Princess Michael was quoted as saying at an event, "Anything for a free meal." I doubt that she meant it to sound as "poor mouth" as it came across, but that's the impression that stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Even if Prince Michael's place in the succession line is restored, his chances to ascend the throne are virtually non-existent. ... the greedy "anything for a hot meal" Kents ..? Is there any need for such adverse comments aimed at the couple in question? People, who met them in person, noted that they are polite and professional. They are no better or worse than any senior British Royals (e.g., Prince Andrew or Duchess of Cornwall). My relative was favourably impressed by Prince Michael's demeanor.
As for your question, Lady Gabriella (#32) and Lord Frederic (#31) are in the succession line according to this web-site Line of Succession to the British Throne.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Majesty

The Princess's skin does look unusually smooth for her age, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

Thank you giov. Thank goodness Prince Michael has not gone down the Botox route!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The Princess's skin does look unusually smooth for her age, doesn't it?
Yes, it does. If I am not mistaken, there were some press stories a few years ago in relation to some "help" she might have had!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

However polite and photogenic the Kents arenīt very popular in their own country and you hardly ever hear a good word about them. Unfortunately they are seen as ready to get anything for free and for pushing themselves into the limelight at every opportunity. I have a feeling it is more the Princess than the Prince but if their own people think that about them it doesnīt really matter what the outside world thinks.
My fatherīs favourite quote was "there is no such thing as a free lunch" and perhaps all these adverse comments they have to suffer are the price they have to pay...
Old 10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, it does. If I am not mistaken, there were some press stories a few years ago in relation to some "help" she might have had!
I'd take the help were it me!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Getty
Prince Michael of Kent attends the Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours at Royal Western India Turf Club on October 31, 2008 in Mumbai (Bombay), India.
http://i34.tinypic.com/vfe71v.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/25qc1o2.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2evgugm.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/15yrmc.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/6epzqt.jpg

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=5
Old 11-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Courtier

So Prince Michael's in India. Anyone know what is his connection with the Royal Western India Turf Club , or is the connection with Cartier. So many BRF in India at the same time.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Isnīt his daughter Gabriella on again with her millionaire Indian boyfriend, he may get time to visit his family if they still live in India.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Ah, that's good thinking, Menarue. I had read about Lady Gabriella being back with her Indian boyfriend, but the two things didn't "click" with me until you mentioned it.

Quote:
Isnīt his daughter Gabriella on again with her millionaire Indian boyfriend, he may get time to visit his family if they still live in India.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Pics 1.11.2008

Thanks for the pics giov

Here are some from yesterday:

HRH Prince Michael of Kent attends the 'Travel With Style' Concours
at Royal Western India Turf Club on November 1, 2008 in Mumbai
(Bombay), India.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

C.E.O of Cartier International Bernard Fornas and Prince Michael of Kent
pose with the winner for the Best of Class Classic category Prize, Arvind
Singhji of Mewar during the Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours at Royal
Western India Turf Club on November 2, 2008 in Mumbai (Bombay), India

** Pic **
Old 11-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Gabriella's boyfriend, Atish Taseer comes from a well to do family in Delhi, but I do not think they are very wealthy. His mother, Tavleen Singh, is a well known journalist. His parents are divorced, and his father lives in Pakistan.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Gabriella's boyfriend, Atish Taseer comes from a well to do family in Delhi, but I do not think they are very wealthy. His mother, Tavleen Singh, is a well known journalist. His parents are divorced, and his father lives in Pakistan.
Oh well it was a good guess He is very very good looking, they make a lovely couple but a few million would come in handy I think perhaps they could get married and charge that for the photos? Oh well just and idea.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh well it was a good guess He is very very good looking, they make a lovely couple but a few million would come in handy I think perhaps they could get married and charge that for the photos? Oh well just and idea.
I am sure Princess Pushy can be their close advisor on how they can supplement their income. Maybe they could do a Big Brother style reality TV show featuring the family of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

There is no evidence Lady Ella is back with her ex-boyfriend, it was just a bit of hearsay reported in the Daily Mail a couple of weeks ago. I would also guess that Prince Michael's trip was organised some time ago as these things usually are. I think Aatish Taseer's family are quite wealthy though as his father owns the biggest newspaper in Pakistan.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Pics 29.10.2008

Princess Michael of Kent attending the launch of Andrew Roberts'
book 'Masters and Commanders' at Sotheby's London, 29 Oct 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Majesty

WOW!!! Princess Michael looked absolutely stunning in a monochrome black-and-white outfit. She definitively knows how to choose flattering outfits and has taught Lady Gabriella to do so. Undoutedly she is my favourite among various members of the British royal family.

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent