Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you have more than 1200 people in the line of succession...However you would find a king...
that's a pity that Prince Michael cannot return in the Line of succession, while his sister-in-law converted and began catholic and the Duke of Kent conserved his Place in the succcession...

Sorry, Wikipedia reported 1495 people who are in the lie of succession of the British Throne, not 1200

Last edited by a moderator:
you have more than 1200 people in the line of succession...However you would find a king...
that's a pity that Prince Michael cannot return in the Line of succession, while his sister-in-law converted and began catholic and the Duke of Kent conserved his Place in the succcession...

The Act of Settlement and the laws governing succession are what they are - you can't realy chop and change them. They may not be meritocratic, they may be sexist, you could find many things that are not in tune with the age we live in. Nothing prevents people from giving up catholicism prior to marrying into the royal family, and therefore retaining their place in the lie of succession. We have recently seen Peter Philips bride convert.... it really is down to the couple concerned.

My concern is slightly different - the British people are unlikely to be willing to accept Prince & Princess Michael as King and Queen because of what the public percieve them to be - it has little to do with religion and more with what they have been up to over the last 30 years.

Quick questions : Does anybody know if the children of Prince Michael of Kent have a place in the line of succession? Thx

Quick questions : Does anybody know if the children of Prince Michael of Kent have a place in the line of succession? Thx
Yes, they have it: they are Anglican, and the "renounce" is valid only for Prince Michael, and of course his wife.
A prince (or a princess) can lose his (her) rights of succession if he converted to Catholicism or if he (or she) marries a Catholic; if theyr descendants are raised into a non-Catholic religion, they (the descendants) maintein theyr rights to the Throne.

Even if Prince Michael's place in the succession line is restored, his chances to ascend the throne are virtually non-existent. ... the greedy "anything for a hot meal" Kents ..? Is there any need for such adverse comments aimed at the couple in question? People, who met them in person, noted that they are polite and professional. They are no better or worse than any senior British Royals (e.g., Prince Andrew or Duchess of Cornwall). My relative was favourably impressed by Prince Michael's demeanor.
As for your question, Lady Gabriella (#32) and Lord Frederic (#31) are in the succession line according to this web-site Line of Succession to the British Throne.

No, once disbarred by the Act of Settlement there is no undoing. Prince Michael's place in the Line of Succession cannot be regained.

the Act states:
"...or marry a papist, should be excluded, and are by that Act made for ever incapable to inherit, possess, or enjoy the Crown and government of this realm." [my bolding]
Warren, you're such a killjoy!!

:D

I don't think either one of them have felt badly about being out of the line of succession, they weren't in the top 5 at anytime anyway so it's rather a moot point, I believe.

Well, if the Act is repealed (which I hope it is one of these days), it's possible that people who are presently excluded from the Succession may be restored. Of course, since the first 20 or 30 members are all Protestant anyway, it won't have any practical implications (barring some sort of apocalyptic disaster).

Thank you all for your responses.

. ... the greedy "anything for a hot meal" Kents ..? Is there any need for such adverse comments aimed at the couple in question? People, who met them in person, noted that they are polite and professional. They are no better or worse than any senior British Royals (e.g., Prince Andrew or Duchess of Cornwall). My relative was favourably impressed by Prince Michael's demeanor.
As for your question, Lady Gabriella (#32) and Lord Frederic (#31) are in the succession line according to this web-site Line of Succession to the British Throne.

The "adverse comments" are based entirely on public perception. IMO the public perception of the Kent's, formed over the last few decades, is that they are the closest to the "rent-a -royal" that we get in this country. I am sure they are perfectly polite and charming, and their demeanor may at times be impressive. There have been enough incidents over the years. Personally I dont usually bother with stories about them. As you may recall, the point I was making was that I do not think the public would accept them as King and Queen.

. They are no better or worse than any senior British Royals (e.g., Prince Andrew or Duchess of Cornwall).

I am not sure I agree with the statement, but we can agree to disagree!:flowers::flowers:

the point I was making was that I do not think the public would accept them as King and Queen.
On that you can be sure, IMO, (based on conversations over the years), she is the most disliked member of the RF. He is regarded with a great deal of affection. I very much doubt that England would accept them and I am pretty sure that Scotland would not!:flowers: Perish the thought! :flowers:

Despite everything that is said and commented about them, Prince Michael and his wife are IMO one of the most "regal" couples in the BRF. I always enjoy looking at their pictures and they also have very good looking children.

Despite everything that is said and commented about them, Prince Michael and his wife are IMO one of the most "regal" couples in the BRF. I always enjoy looking at their pictures and they also have very good looking children.

They do make a nice couple, and the're still married to each other. To their credit they always turn up, sometimes with the children, to make up the numbers when needed.

:previous:
Thank you giov. :flowers: Thank goodness Prince Michael has not gone down the Botox route!:D

............ Lovely, and of quite a contemperory design. Just the sort of thing a cash strapped royal might need!

I could always make her a little offer? Just to help her out of course. :whistling:

I could always make her a little offer? Just to help her out of course. :whistling:

.... though to be taken seriously, you may need to dress as a fake sheikh and arrive by helicopter!!!!

Some years ago there was a report in the Australian press that Princess Michael had acquired/received a set of very large and matched Paspaley pearls valued at half a million Australian dollars. There is no knowing the truth of this report, or if the pearls she is pictured wearing above are valuable or even real.

If they are the Paspaley pearls, and they certainly look as if they are, they would be the right size and in the right number to be worth that.
Where is the "green with envy" smiley?

'Life Action Trust' Charity Event In London - Pictures - Zimbio
Princess Michael's pearls are stunning. I could only image how much this jewellery set cost ...
... [snipped] As you may recall, the point I was making was that I do not think the public would accept them as King and Queen. ... [snipped]
Public at large is entitled to form their personal opinion about the couple in question. As for accepting Prince and Princess Michael as King and Queen, it will never happen. No matter what they do, Prince and Princess Michael will be viewed negatively. Thus, it does not really matter what public may think of them.

If they are the Paspaley pearls, and they certainly look as if they are, they would be the right size and in the right number to be worth that.
Where is the "green with envy" smiley?
Where is the 'I am so short of money' smiley!:D

Those smileys are needed urgently........

Princess Michael was quoted as saying at an event, "Anything for a free meal." I doubt that she meant it to sound as "poor mouth" as it came across, but that's the impression that stuck.:flowers:

Even if Prince Michael's place in the succession line is restored, his chances to ascend the throne are virtually non-existent. ... the greedy "anything for a hot meal" Kents ..? Is there any need for such adverse comments aimed at the couple in question? People, who met them in person, noted that they are polite and professional. They are no better or worse than any senior British Royals (e.g., Prince Andrew or Duchess of Cornwall). My relative was favourably impressed by Prince Michael's demeanor.

The Princess's skin does look unusually smooth for her age, doesn't it?;)

Yes, it does. If I am not mistaken, there were some press stories a few years ago in relation to some "help" she might have had!

However polite and photogenic the Kents aren´t very popular in their own country and you hardly ever hear a good word about them. Unfortunately they are seen as ready to get anything for free and for pushing themselves into the limelight at every opportunity. I have a feeling it is more the Princess than the Prince but if their own people think that about them it doesn´t really matter what the outside world thinks.
My father´s favourite quote was "there is no such thing as a free lunch" and perhaps all these adverse comments they have to suffer are the price they have to pay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom