Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 13.12.2007

HRH Princess Michael of Kent at 2007 Sparks charity ball and Special
tribute to charity Champion Jane Tomlinson at the Hilton Park Lane
London, England - 13.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I think it's a case of facing facts. The Queen doesn't like Princess Michael. Does Princess Michael care? I doubt it.

Actually, I find this information surprising. I believe you of course, because I have no reason not to believe you, Sam. :) Yet I am surprised that The Queen has a dislike...... for, well, anyone. HM always seems so light and open about everyone and everything. Even with Diana, who caused so much trouble, HM was a picture of tolerance and compassion. And also, she helped Prince and Princess Michael by paying their expenses from her own pocket, didn't she? I don't know, but I just always had the impression The Queen liked everyone. I guess I was naive. :D

Actually, I find this information surprising. I believe you of course, because I have no reason not to believe you, Sam. :) Yet I am surprised that The Queen has a dislike...... for, well, anyone. HM always seems so light and open about everyone and everything. Even with Diana, who caused so much trouble, HM was a picture of tolerance and compassion. And also, she helped Prince and Princess Michael by paying their expenses from her own pocket, didn't she? I don't know, but I just always had the impression The Queen liked everyone. I guess I was naive. :D

Well, I think the two comments attributed to the Queen that make me so sure the Queen doesn't like Princess M very much are; "I think she's a little too grand for us" and the fact that she calls her "Our Val" (short for Valkyrie). But who knows? I am merely speculating and as my Grandmother will tell you, it's rather dangerous and leaves scuff marks on the parquet.

Well, I think the two comments attributed to the Queen that make me so sure the Queen doesn't like Princess M very much are; "I think she's a little too grand for us" and the fact that she calls her "Our Val" (short for Valkyrie). But who knows? I am merely speculating and as my Grandmother will tell you, it's rather dangerous and leaves scuff marks on the parquet.
Are you sure she didn't say 'she thinks she's a little too grand for us'?

You must not scuff the parquet!:ROFLMAO:

Hooo Boy! If that is real fur, PETA is going to have a hey day!

^ Shoot, does PETA even know who she is? :rolleyes:

Well, I think the two comments attributed to the Queen that make me so sure the Queen doesn't like Princess M very much are; "I think she's a little too grand for us"
To put this remark in it's context, I think it had more to do with Lord Mountbatten's "overselling" of Baroness Marie Christine's ancestral history, so HM's wry response was a reflection on the Earl rather than on Marie Christine the person.

^ Yes, Lord Mountbatten did love her, didn't he? He campaigned vigorously for her and Prince Michael to be able to marry each other.
Maybe HM's remark about her being too grand was just her classic wry humor coming out, rather than a serious criticism of Marie-Christine's person.

Thanks for the photos!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Princess Michael looked elegant and regal. The shawl has got paisley motives I have seen on both Russian and Jamavar shawls. At the same, piping of fur on the shawl pertains more to the Russian style.

The Queens behaviour is impeccable, that is what she was trained to since infancy, never to show her feelings, however uncomfortable she is. She is bound to have likes and dislikes, feelings and frustrations, she will never shout but show her resentments in other ways perhaps

Last edited:
I'm rather jealous of that white collar. Perhaps she'll give me on for Christmas next year.

I'm rather jealous of that white collar. Perhaps she'll give me on for Christmas next year.
I am sure someone can get you a road kill if you are desperate, X! :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't call that collar roadkill Skydragon. That's the best of Russia's furriers I bet. Some serious pelt action. I think Marie Christine is one of the few Royals who can wear fur without it looking like a posh woman trying too hard. Fur just suits her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder from when the following pics are, any ideas?
They could be quite new portraits if you look at Prince
Michael, the Princess looks very young on these, but
that could be a result of the usual tricks ;)

Portrait 1 ** Portrait 2 ** Portrait 3

I bet these are the official pics to mark their 30th wedding anniversary which is on 30th of June this year.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent 5: March-November 2008

Welcome to part 5 of the thread for news and photos of TRH Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.

Part 4 can be found here.

Wow! Iceflower, those pics you posted in the other thread, Princess Michael looks almost exotic! And that gown! WoW!

Oh she is. You can almost hear her purr. Gorgeous creature that she is.

iceflower!:flowers:
Special thanks for the amazing photoes of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
Princess Michael is a epitome of the regal elegance. However, I have to admit that she looks a bit too young for her age...

The princess seems never to tire of posing for the princess in her castle etc. she seems really to love her reflection. I don't think any other monor royal of GB or any other country behaves in this manner!

While they make such an elegant couple...her picture looks "touched up", softened in the face. You can tell the pics are newer as Prince Michael's hair and beard are white..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom