The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Princess Michael said she was going to leave the country if Parliament passed the hunting ban, so she may be killing two birds with one stone and selling the house to live more cheaply somewhere in Europe.
Interesting. Maybe a romantic Dacha for her and her..ok I'm conjecturing here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I doubt they'd divorce. I don't see what advantage there is for her in divorcing; I don't think she'd exchange her HRH for life with a wealthy commoner, although I may be mistaken. Assuming the prince doesn't have plans to marry this lady who's just got through spilling it all to the press, there's little advantage for him to divorce either.
Couldn't agree more. Princess Michael loves being in the limelight and the attention and, yes, admiration that belonging to the upper echelons of the upper class in Britain offers her

Old 05-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Im starting to think that a Divorce is in the cards for these 2 (very soon 3 years or less)
I seriously doubt they will divorce. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are from the old generation of royalty, that just sticks it out in the marriage, no matter how tough or bad it gets. I don't think the lady who sold her story is deranged, maybe Prince Michael decided to end things with her or moved on to another mistress and she probably feels wronged and decided to spill the beans.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the lover was outed by one of the tabloids. Maybe she figured that if she gave her side of the story it'd stop the tabloids just making things up. They can be pretty brutal with people who don't cooperate.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Makes sense. Selling it to Freddie doesn't though: if his parents don't have any spare dough, how would he? His columns for Tatler Magazine are hardly a gold mine. Sure he dabbled in modeling a while back, but I gather those days are over.
Freddie's studying to be a lawyer. They were planning to sell it to him once he'd gotten into his career (IIRC, they expected to sell it around 15-20 years from now).
Old 05-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
May I go back to the topic of the Kent's country mansion, that they recently sold?
I just don't understand why they sold it; especially as they might well be kicked out of their Kensington Palace apartment in a few years, which they live in for next to nothing, as people have said. Perhaps they sold their country house so they can purchase themselves a pad in expensive London for when they have to leave KP?
As you say, they are going to lose their accomodation at KP. I think they sold the house to purchase a smaller cheaper one, in a more central area (possibly so she can entertain more sheiks. ). I thought they have been cut from the civil list as well, so money must be (for them) very tight!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think they were ever on the civil list, Skydragon, because the Queen didn't call on them to perform official duties. The Dukes of Gloucester and Kent (and their spouses) and Princess Alexandra were getting civil list income until the reorganisation a few years ago that chucked all the junior royals off the list, at which point it was said that the Queen reimbursed them herself when they undertook public engagements. But the Michaels weren't on the civil list (hence all his directorships and marketing schemes and her books), so I don't think anything's changed recently in their financial affairs.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Nobility

I think the lover was outed by one of the tabloids. Maybe she figured that if she gave her side of the story it'd stop the tabloids just making things up. They can be pretty brutal with people who don't cooperate.-Elspeth

I don't think she can really justify herself with that excuse. She was mentioned in one column of one downmarket British tabloid as POSSIBLY being his mistress a couple of weeks ago. It was a sort of blink and you'll miss it report so she was hardly in the eye of a major media storm. I also think that liaisons are so common among the British upper classes that it dosn't always represent a major problem in that marraige the way it might for other people. Someone mentioned how well the Prince and Princess seem to get on and I think they really love each other. Prince Phillip, for example, has been strongly linked to other women over the years and even if some of these rumours have been true I don't think it means that he loved the Queen any less and that they didn't have a happy marraige it just seems to be something that goes on in those circles and is accepted.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanychick3000
I seriously doubt they will divorce. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are from the old generation of royalty, that just sticks it out in the marriage, no matter how tough or bad it gets.
There is such a generation?! I think we've seen enough divorces in the British Royal family to know that anything is possible.

I don't think their lack of divorce has anything to do with tradition- I think it has everything to do with money. The Princess, in particular, is not terribly employable without her royal connections. She can't afford her preferred lifestyle without her title.

Eliza
Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Nobility

If the Prince wanted to divorce her he could no matter what she wanted. And as for not being able to use her title after a divorce I'm afraid she could. The Duchess of York hasn't done too badly and the Princess would retain her title whilst losing her HRH. But as I said I think there is still a lot of affection there and the marraige will survive.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Nobility

the way how princess michael tries to grab attention is rather amusing, come to think of it.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
If the Prince wanted to divorce her he could no matter what she wanted. And as for not being able to use her title after a divorce I'm afraid she could. The Duchess of York hasn't done too badly and the Princess would retain her title whilst losing her HRH. But as I said I think there is still a lot of affection there and the marraige will survive.
Good point. But don't you think that this title becomes nearly meaningless if Princess Michael is no longer married to Prince Michael?!

Affection? I guess only those two know for sure. While I could talk at length about the emotional and physical motivations behind why people have affairs... I won't! I just really think that if there truly is enough affection between any two people, there's usually no reason to seek it elsewhere. If things were truly OK, I really think these affairs would not continue occuring (on both sides, so it seems).

Maybe the expectations of a British Royal marriage are just beyond my understanding! Affairs seem to be a completely normalised occurance.

Eliza
Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

May 31, 2006
Princess Michael of Kent opens the Mall Galleries "The Society of Women Artists"
London

from facetoface

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00957136.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	246305   Click image for larger version

Name:	00957137.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	246306   Click image for larger version

Name:	00957138.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	246307   Click image for larger version

Name:	00957139.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	246308  

Old 06-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Nobility

The title is no less meaningless than that of a Duchess without a Duke. I must also say that I think she looks lovley in those pictures. She dosn't look under any strain at all.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Courtier

MC never shows any strain, no matter how many scandals surround her. I have to admit I admire her ability to keep her head up, but I wish she'd stop getting into the scrapes in the first place. Michael also seems able to weather any storm. You have to wonder how their kids handle it all, though. It can't be easy to read about your parents' pecadillos in the press all the time, especially when your mother is the almost universally loathed Princess Michael.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Nobility

I suppose if the Parker-Bowles kids (not to mention William and Harry) could live through the filth about their parents that they had to then anyone
can.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Gentry

I like her. She looks beautiful. That's why Lady Gabriella are a gorgeous woman.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
MC never shows any strain, no matter how many scandals surround her.
Guess she's had plenty of practice, lol. Practice makes perfect. ;-))
Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang
I like her. She looks beautiful. That's why Lady Gabriella are a gorgeous woman.
I like her too, her flaws and all. She''s such a character and makes the RF ever-so-interesting.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
Margaret didn't like the fact that MC's Catholicism would highlight the discrimination against Catholics inherent in the monarchy. She reportedly urged MC to convert before the wedding (she could always convert back right afterwards) so that Michael wouldn't lose his place in line.
Intriguing. I hadn't even thought of that tactic, but obviously Pcss MoK would have none of that being the good Catholic gal she is
Old 06-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Michael Shows Support To Improving Chinese Healthcare
http://www.chinacsr.com/2006/06/02/p...se-healthcare/

Closed Thread

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent