Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 3: March-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PreDoc said:
Hmm, no, but here's one of Mikhail and PMoK (from News of the World)
Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont't you just love it. I wish these idiots in the press would grow up and get real. The PMofK is quite a gal. And her hubby ain't so bad either. So she has herself a splendid looking, pretty fellow indeed for whatever. AS we used to say in the South, she is free, white and twenty-one. What she does or doesn't do in the privacy of her life is nobody's business but her own. As for the royal family being embarrassed, please I just wish all the goody two shoes would roll over feet up and explode!!! And leave the rest of us along. The British Press which are as odious collection of gutter snipes as can be found on the planet should all be put into large paper grocery bags and dropped off into the middle of the North Sea!!! Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Geee, She's old and still Rocking!!!

Spot on Thomas! Well said indeed. I adore Princess Michael. She's extremely grand and we expect her to enjoy herself.

I don't think it's any coincidence that a spate of negative stories are emerging about the Princess at a time when the Royal Family is enjoying a relativley quite phase as far as major scandal stories go. In the mid-eighties the Queen's immediate family were going through a honeymoon period with the public so the press targeted Princess Michael for their juicy headlines. Then, as we all know, things went from bad to worse in the Queen's family and Princess Michael got left alone for around the next 15 years as the press had bigger fish to fry. Now with Charles and Camilla married and things quieter than they've been in ages the press have once again turned to the Princess everyone loves to hate. That's why I take most of these stories with a pinch of salt as it's clear that the press desperatley NEED someone in the Royal Family just now to provide them with these kind of headlines and the Princess with her expansive gestures and openess of speech is an editors dream as it is so easy to misquote and misrepresent her.

Last edited:
I think it's just so hypocritical. The media says we want the Royal Family to be more "normal" and when they are, the media rip them to bits.

Reconsidering the Kents

Ahhh, an article from monsters and critics which highlights the Kents but doesn't tear them to shreds:

"It must have been love at first sight when HRH Prince Michael of Kent met Baroness Marie-Christine von Reibnitz. If the prince were to marry this Catholic divorcee, he would be obliged to give up his place in the line of succession to the British throne.

The romance blossomed and with it controversy around the couple grew. However, they endured the scrutiny and married in 1978, becoming TRH Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. In the years since, they have been continually beset by bad publicity and numerous scandals.

One of the biggest condemnations the prince and princess have received is that they take advantage of their royal status for commercial gain. While this might seem the case, the reality of the situation is a little more complex ..."

You can read the rest at http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1164505.php/Reconsidering_the_Kents

I Much perfer Prince Michael to Princess Michael :) does Prince Michael have the Garter yet?

Royal Fan said:
... does Prince Michael have the Garter yet?
No, and it's unlikely to be a "yet". He's not senior enough in the scheme of things, although it would be a lovely gesture and great honour from the Sovereign.

PreDoc said:
Hmm, no, but here's one of Mikhail and PMoK (from News of the World)

I have always liked her style!!Can you imagine at her age of 61 or 62, still attracting a handsome man like this? All the more power to her!! (Men are funny in some ways- I'll bet her husband is proud of her, after a fashion- for "still having it"..)

Attractive lady and her husband very handsome...:)

Was Princess Michael's first interest in Richard, the brother who died? In one of the books I have read e.g. The royal Wives of Windsor, or something along those lines, there was a segment on her. Told how she moved from Australia to England and mingled within the royal and arty circles.How she met Richard and how they got on.When he died, later she turned her affections to Michael and won him over.

Thomas Parkman said:
Dont't you just love it. I wish these idiots in the press would grow up and get real. The PMofK is quite a gal. And her hubby ain't so bad either. So she has herself a splendid looking, pretty fellow indeed for whatever. AS we used to say in the South, she is free, white and twenty-one. What she does or doesn't do in the privacy of her life is nobody's business but her own. As for the royal family being embarrassed, please I just wish all the goody two shoes would roll over feet up and explode!!! And leave the rest of us along. The British Press which are as odious collection of gutter snipes as can be found on the planet should all be put into large paper grocery bags and dropped off into the middle of the North Sea!!! Cheers. Thomas Parkman

wow....you sound angry.

But it's all true. I get so fed up with this gutter style of reporting, as if journalists are holier than the rest of us and are in a position to judge others. British Gaumont reported without opinion. That's what we want.

Kate Julie said:
Was Princess Michael's first interest in Richard, the brother who died? In one of the books I have read e.g. The royal Wives of Windsor, or something along those lines, there was a segment on her. Told how she moved from Australia to England and mingled within the royal and arty circles.How she met Richard and how they got on.When he died, later she turned her affections to Michael and won him over.
I vaguely remember something similar: that she used to take her husband Tom to events at Richard's mansion where she would meet with Prince Michael.

Kate Julie said:
I have always liked her style!!Can you imagine at her age of 61 or 62, still attracting a handsome man like this? All the more power to her!! (Men are funny in some ways- I'll bet her husband is proud of her, after a fashion- for "still having it"..)
I think she is fantastic and they appear to either be swingers or have an open marriage. That Mikhail is not bad looking, and more importantly he is a millionaire which is precisely the type of men the princess has pursued since she divorced Tom. At 61 she's dynamite!!

Kate Julie said:

You're thinking of Prince William of Gloucester, elder brother of Richard, the current Duke of Gloucester.

Warren said:
One could argue that by male lineal descent the children of the current Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, and of Prince Michael and the Earl of St Andrews, are Princes and Princesses of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Dukes and Duchesses of Saxony, but since these titles were given up in 1917 it would be a hard ask. Nonetheless, Earl Mountbatten was known to sign himself a Prince of Battenberg when visiting Hesse.

As the "title" of prince or princess of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or of duke or duchess of Saxony does not longer exist in Germany since 1918 and the British gave up their rights to hold a German passport in 1917, I don't think they could use these titles. For the only use which is possible nowadays is as part of the name in Germany. Okay, they could ask for the German citizenship claiming their German blood and probably would be granted the said citizenship as they have relations in Germany who could vouch for them but still they would only be named "prince" or "princes" but not be titled. So, why bother?:)

Tomorrow at 3pm, UKTVGold will be repeating the Wogan Now and Then episode with Princess Michael of Kent. Well worth seeing.

I read the transcript and she comes across as brilliant as ever in that interview.

HRH was promoting her book in Oxford and the Wednesday edition of The Evening Standard has a report about some of the random things she said (including why Princess Margaret refused to talk to her, why she sold her mansion to Lord Drayson, and her predictions about his political career). Unfortunately I can't link to the article because it's subscription based, but one line in particular made me grin:
"When choosing lovers, it's important for them to be 'young and gorgeous', she said, not 'old and ghastly,' which some listeners thought was a reference to her young Russian oligarch friend Mikhail Kravchenko.

Why did Princess Margaret refuse to talk to her?

Here's what the article states:
"She said Princess Margaret would not speak to her, although they both lived at Kensington Palace, because she was a Catholic."

I thought as much. She can't have taken kindly to the Duchess of Kent either.

Well, that's her opinion of Princess Margaret's reasons, which isn't necessarily the same thing as Princess Margaret's actual reasons. If Princess Margaret didn't leave anything in writing along the lines of "that Catholic woman next door actually expects me to speak with her!" we don't know for certain why she behaved the way she did. She was reportedly very protective of the Queen, and it's been reported that the Queen didn't think much of Princess Michael because of her ostentatious royalness and high profile.

Elspeth said:
Well, that's her opinion of Princess Margaret's reasons, which isn't necessarily the same thing as Princess Margaret's actual reasons. If Princess Margaret didn't leave anything in writing along the lines of "that Catholic woman next door actually expects me to speak with her!" we don't know for certain why she behaved the way she did. She was reportedly very protective of the Queen, and it's been reported that the Queen didn't think much of Princess Michael because of her ostentatious royalness and high profile.

I can't imagine that she didn't speak to her because she was Catholic. Seems silly. Religion is between you and God. You mean to tell me that Princess Margaret never spoke with a Catholic. Now, if you did'nt like her high and mighy ways, that would be different. Of course, Princess Margaret could be pretty high and mighty, too. Perhaps, she just didn't like her. And, what is the difference now.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend the press and VIP day of Chelsea Flower Show on May 22, 2006 in London, England.

Source: gettyimages

Attachments

• 71014173.jpg
    71014173.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 71014175.jpg
    71014175.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 207
  • 71014179.jpg
    71014179.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 71014182.jpg
    71014182.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 197
His Royal Highness looks quite Dashing

This woman is deranged. As I was reading the article it dawned on me that she actually had a notion about marraige etc. When she said at the end that she HAD discussed this with her sons I laughed out loud. Firstly, it is clear to any royal watcher that Prince and Princess Michael do not lead "completley seperate lives". This is the classic line trotted out by all mistresses to justify themselves. Secondly, imagine trying to compare herself to Camilla. Mrs. Parker-Bowles may be many things but she never blabbed to the media. Weber is clearly an ambitious woman who thought she saw an opportunity to become a Princess and is now bitter because it's all backfired. Lets face it, if Prince Michael were still in contact with her she would never have ran to the papers. Sorry Lucy, you may have difficulty imagining "Michael" not being in your life but I think the days of hearing his "deep voice" on the phone are well and truly over.

Last edited:
james said:
This woman is deranged. As I was reading the article it dawned on me that she actually had a notion about marraige etc. When she said at the end that she HAD discussed this with her sons I laughed out loud. Firstly, it is clear to any royal watcher that Prince and Princess Michael do not lead "completley seperate lives". This is the classic line trotted out by all mistresses to justify themselves. Secondly, imagine trying to compare herself to Camilla. Mrs. Parker-Bowles may be many things but she never blabbed to the media. Weber is clearly an ambitious woman who thought she saw an opportunity to become a Princess and is now bitter because it's all backfired. Lets face it, if Prince Michael were still in contact with her she would never have ran to the papers. Sorry Lucy, you may have difficulty imagining "Michael" not being in your life but I think the days of hearing his "deep voice" on the phone are well and truly over.

I had about the same feelings. She just wanted some attention. As for comparing her with the Duchess of Cornwall - it's simply laughable. :eek: :D

james said:
This woman is deranged... trying to compare herself to Camilla...
And not just Camilla. She compares herself to the Duchess of Windsor as well. The article should win an award for the most self-seeking piece of purple prose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom