Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 2: October 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting bad jibes regarding the Michaels of Kent on this subject which I think is wrong. Ingrid Seward is the editor of Majesty and it is entirley up to her who features in it. She obviously feels that the Gloucesters are not that interesting and to be fair I think that many Royal watchers, myself included, would agree with her, but to suggest that Seward is somehow "controlled" by Princess Michael is totally ludicrous.

Last edited:
I don't think she's controlled by her, but I do think there are indications that she's being used by her; I'm sure it's very flattering to be treated as a sort of friend by a princess, but I hope Ingrid Seward is more savvy than that. I don't think her personal friendships or partiality or whatever should be influencing her as much as they seem to be.

Part of the reason why people find the Gloucesters unfamiliar is that they hardly ever show up in Majesty. It isn't that they don't do their duties, because they do (although very recently they've been somewhat absent, for whatever reason). It's that when they do do their duties, half the time Majesty somehow manages to not find room to report on it. No wonder people look at the Duchess and think she's someone's lady in waiting.

I don't think that Ingrid Seward as a women in her early fifties and a Royal reporter for over thirty years would be easily manipulated. Indeed I have seen her on T.V. being quite hard on Princess Michael so I don't really know if they are friends or if it's purely a formal relationship.

Elspeth said:
The magazine could at least stick a photo of one or other of the Gloucesters in the Court and Social section more than once in a blue moon. There are photos of Princess Michael and/or her children in there practially every month. Of course the Gloucesters are going to have a low profile if Majesty ignores their existence.
Well actually it might be that the Gloucesters are simply too short.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
An audience with Princess Michael: On royal neighbours, fake sheikhs, and cats
Written by Tim Adams, The Observer
Sunday, 16 October 2005

"... We talk a little about how her children have grown up with the scrutiny of royalty but without all of the privileges. Freddie, in particular, has suffered in the papers.

'I don't know why that is,' she says. 'I mean, you never see the Gloucester children there. They have got away with it. I think it might be because they are both very tall. They stand out in a crowd. I mean, at 6ft, I am the smallest in my family.'

She stands up and suggests she should have her picture taken ..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview

For everyone in the UK:

I noticed that this evening at 10:20 p.m. on UKTV Gold "Wogan now and Then" Terry Wogan will be interviewing Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent, I think this is a re-run but it should be interesting all the same.:)

my gosh he looks just like the last czar of russia, if he'd been allowed to grow old. I've seen old pictures of uncles (?) if someone would be so kind and explain the family tree and the really amazing likeness. wow
i've read the RF don't like her because she is "more royal" than they are, she certainly has more style and class from photos i've seen. i mean no disrespect jmo

His Royal Highness is a relative of the Tzars and that is probably why he resembles them so much.

Here are three lines of common descent:

Christian IX of Denmark > Alexandra > George V > Duke of Kent > Prince Michael
Christian IX of Denmark > Dagmar > Tsar Nicholas II

Tsar Nicholas I > GD Constantine > GD Olga > Nicholas of Greece > Marina > Prince Michael
Tsar Nicholas I > Tsar Alexander II > Tsar Alexander III > Tsar Nicholas II

Tsar Alexander II > GD Helen > Marina > Prince Michael
Tsar Alexander II > Tsar Alexander III > Tsar Nicholas II

nb.. Nicholas II was not a descendant of Queen Victoria, but his wife was:
Queen Victoria > Alice > Alix of Hesse-Darmstadt > Tsarevitch Alexei

Last edited:
its going to bug me until i find that picture, after i comb the russian forem, i'll try my library. ty royalprotocol
do u know the photo i mean, they are both in uniforms (i think at a wedding) and they look like identical twins. i know Queen Victoria was both their grandmothers.

originally from the Illustrated London News

Tsar Nicholas II & King George V (as Prince George of Wales)
NicholasIIKingGeorgeV.jpg

warren u are my hero
cousin not uncles, makes sense now thank you
princess alice died young, i believe Queen Victoria was a strong force in the Czarinas upbringing and wasn't very happy about their eventual match. Lots of drama, the romantic version has him saying he'd not marry unless it was to "his alex" theirs was a true love match, tragic as it was. I'm glad PM found and has had a happy life with the women he seems to adore.

Princess Michael's appearance on the Wogan programme was wonderful. Apart from looking exactly the same as she did in 1986 (her last appearance on the show), she has changed alot. Her voice has lost alot of it's foreign accent and is now beautifully toned with a slight inflection and click every now and then breaking into this rich and delicious British upper-crust tone. HRH was extremely entertaining, frank, open and very down to earth.

She said that her daughter was dating an Indian boy who is soon to be her son-in-law and that she felt the Press didn't like her because she was foreign and she was a Catholic member of the Royal Family. She says they are selling Nether Lypiatt because she has had 2 back operations and cannot manage the stairs and Prince Michael finds it hard too.

She said that she is waiting for the movie of 'The Serpent and The Moon' to be made and says that she has alot more to do in her lifetime.

Marie-Christine is just pure Royalty. Class and elegance oozes from every pore - just amazing. What a shame Michael and Marie-Christine can't be King and Queen of somewhere. They'd be so good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom