The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I Schofield asked her some very very impertinent questions - they asked to clarify what she meant by 'Diana was a womb'. She should have walked off but then she'd be accused of being pushy.
I agree, that is very very impertinent. it's perfectly obvious what she meant by that comment. he was only asking to embarrass her.

why was she giving this interview? to promote her book?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:22 PM

Quote:
"Have you stopped beating your wife?"
LOL! Oh Warren, if only she had said that. She was promoting her book. She said that the 'womb' comment was a term used throughout history and as a historian she used it in the correct context. When Schofield said, "And the Queen was displeased wasn't she?". MC said, "Was she really? Thats funny because she didn't seem displeased when I spoke to her on the telephone recently".

Old 11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
"Have you stopped beating your wife?"
perfect! it would have been fantastic if she'd said that.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Michael swaps Kensington for Versailles
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...29/versailles/
Old 11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Nobility

A lot of the previous threads have worked from the premise that the Queen does not like Princess Michael as though it were a matter of absolute fact. Well I have never seen solid proof of this. The Princess and her husband have always been included at every major Royal event unlike the Harewoods whom the Queen expelled for many years due to her displeasure at their behaviour. The Princess also said on "This Morning" that the Queen had been "Very kind to me" over the fake sheik incident. As for Princess Anne inventing the Princess Pushy tag, I have watched numerous journalists on various documentaries claim that they invented it. Princess Michael has actually stated on record that she really appreciated Princess Anne's attendance at her wedding and has always got on well with her because of that. At the end of the day the only people who REALLY know the truth about who thinks what in the Royal Family is the Royal Family themselves and I think that the rest of us should just enjoy observing them at their work and judge them from our own INDEPENDENT observations and give what the papers say a miss.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen has shown in public sometimes her dislike for Princess Michael. I remember a story about when the Russian President visited the UK. They were at a state dinner and he was talking to the queen. Then he moved on to Princess Michael and she began to speak in russian. The queen turned away and quipped "well thats just showing off". It is said that the Queen considered her to "grand" for the firm. I agree she glows the essence of royalty as well as Prince Micheal.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Nobility

Well Princejonnhy, what you have just said is an excellent example of how easily the Princess can be dammned. The occasion you refer to was shown on the programme "Elizabeth R" which was made to commemorate the Queen's 40th anniversary on the throne. Before a banquet the Queen gave for the POLISH president she is shown on the film introducing him to the family including the Kents. PRINCE Michael chats to the President in Russian and the Queen LAUGHINGLY says to the Prince, "That's just showing off" to which the Princess quips, "Yes, he's very good at that". I 'm sure that anyone who has seen the footage will verify this.

By the way, the Princess can't speak Russian.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen hasn't always approved of Princess Michael's tendency to mouth off and be high handed, but she is very much a "live and let live" person. It would not be in her character to exclude Prince and Princess Michael from royal events, but it's probably fair to say she is not crazy about Marie-Christine. Princess Margaret, in particular, was known to be quite vocal in her dislike of her.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Princess Margaret had a cheek to dislike anyone else in the family as her antics, some of which incidentally CAN be factually supported, made the Monarchy a laughing stock.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Well Princejonnhy, what you have just said is an excellent example of how easily the Princess can be dammned... I'm sure that anyone who has seen the footage will verify this..
Yes James, 100% correct. This scene is one of the more memorable from Elizabeth R because it shows HM engaging in a bit of banter at a glittering State function.

It's bad enough that the newspapers can make up stories which are then accepted as fact, and repeated for years afterwards, but when official documentaries start to get twisted round to paint someone in a bad light it just gets exasperating.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:56 AM

Princess Michael is to appear on 'Wogan'. UKTVGold are doing a new show called 'Wogan : Then and Now' and guests who appeared on 'Wogan' will be shown a clip of their first appearance and will be asked how much their lives have changed since then. Not sure when it's going out but the interview with Princess Michael is already in the can.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for telling the truth and correcting me. I dont really have that much of an opinion on her. I do believe she is a bit showy, and uses her position to benefit her too much. She looks stunning though. I wish she would do more to help her image.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
The Queen hasn't always approved of Princess Michael's tendency to mouth off and be high handed, but she is very much a "live and let live" person. It would not be in her character to exclude Prince and Princess Michael from royal events, but it's probably fair to say she is not crazy about Marie-Christine. Princess Margaret, in particular, was known to be quite vocal in her dislike of her.
was there anybody in the royal family that Princess Margaret liked?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Michael Of Kent attends the SPARKS Winter Ball at the London Hilton on December 15, 2005 in London, England. The party's theme was Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe and was hosted by SPARKS' (Sport Aiding Medical Research for Kids) Royal Patron HRH Princess Michael of Kent

from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	220850   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	220851   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	220852   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	220853  

Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful lady, so graceful in presence.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Courtier

i supose it is true that she is even more royals than the royals
Old 12-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent arrive at the Palace of Versailles, in Versailles, west of Paris, to attend a solo benefit concert by British pop star Elton John, on the International evening of the Child, Monday Nov. 28, 2005

From polfoto
Wow, Prince Michael definitely has an air of King George V about him. I've always thought that the family resemblance was strong, but these photos REALLY show it up. For some reason, I notice less of a resemblance among QEII's children as compared to George V's relations. or is it just me?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Nobility

http://www.photoshot.com/dbImages/?id=349879&type=mi
http://www.photoshot.com/dbImages/?id=349883&type=mi

Pictures from Chinese State Banquet at Guildhall from photoshot.com., Nov. 2005
Old 01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Michael is a patron of the Institute of Linguists.

Here is a pic of him at www.iol.org.uk
I don't know much about him though, is there any reason why he would choose this to be patron of, ie; a special interest in languages?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Considering the association of Jersey with cows, that might not be the best place to give her.
I think that Jersey is historically linked with one of the most celebrated royal mistresses EVER, the actress Lillie Langtry.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince michael of kent, princess michael of kent