Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Badminton Horse Trials, May 4, 2003.

www.rexfeatures.com

What do you all think of her boots? Appropriate because she was at a horse show or totally out of sync with her nice conservative outfit?

http://www.rexfeatures.com

Attachments

• EN_416293q.jpg
    EN_416293q.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 553
  • EN_416293s.jpg
    EN_416293s.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 555
  • EN_416293o.jpg
    EN_416293o.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 501
  • EN_prince_michael_501.jpg
    EN_prince_michael_501.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 530
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all I can say is, those are the UGLIEST boots I have ever seen, especially on Royalty. Princess Michael does have on a nice, conservative outfit but she definitely does not know how to pick out shoes to match. Totally OUT of sync.

Um. I don't want to be malicious, but I don't like her boots.

Oh I agree with you, mybags :)

:eek:
I don't like those boots, even less with the outfit she's wearing wich I find nice.

www.hello.com

What do you think of this outfit by Princess Michael of Kent at the opening of a museum in London? I have been reading a lot of comments on other message boards about her dress looking a bit like pajamas.

Myself, I like the colour of the dress but I can't say that I much care for the design. Princess Michael has a pretty trim figure, and shouldn't cover it up with a straight sheath dress like this. (Not that I want her to be dressing like Christina Aguilera and showing her belly :p but something more tailored would be nice.)

Attachments

• EN_princess_michael_501.jpg
    EN_princess_michael_501.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 931
PRINCESS PUSHY'S HAUGHTY CULTURE

May 21 2003
By Richard Smith

PRINCESS Michael of Kent has got a group of prisoners to do her gardening for free.

She called for their help, unpaid, after seeing the award-winning garden they created at this week's Chelsea Flower Show.

The royal - dubbed Princess Pushy - had earlier told TV's Alan Titchmarsh she didn't have enough staff to do the weeding at home.

But after meeting Richard Booty, governor of Leyhill prison, Gloucs, she can now expect a visit from inmates to her nearby Nether Lypiatt estate.

They won gold for their woodland-themed garden, No Time To Stand And Stare, in the show garden category. It was inspired by William Henry Davies' poem Leisure.

The prison previously won silver at Chelsea in 2001 and gold in 2000.

The princess's five-acre garden featured on BBC2's coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show. A royal aide said yesterday she wanted to show her support for the prisoners.

He said: "She went to the stand and spoke to the person in charge.

"She thought the garden was exceptional, unbelievably beautiful.

"It came up in the conversation that she would be interested in employing a number of prisoners to work on her garden. She also said she would be very willing, once they have left prison, to employ them on a more permanent basis."

The garden was designed by head of inmate activities Jeff Goundrill.

He said: "I am absolutely thrilled with this garden, both for the team at Chelsea and for the staff and prisoners at Leyhill who can't be here. This is the icing on the cake."

The garden includes wild and native plants, ranging from bluebells and wild garlic to cowslips, willow herb, rushes and grasses.

A footpath leads over an arched bridge which goes through the garden to a woodland walk.

Inmate Jez, 24, described the award as a "once in a lifetime achievement". He added: "It is a feeling like I have never felt before - it is absolutely incredible." While serving time, Jez has achieved an NVQ in bricklaying. A second qualification in machinery meant he was able to operate the digger which helped build the garden.

He plans to ditch a life of crime and stick to gardening. He said: "I definitely want to continue in this line of work, landscaping."

Leyhill open prison has 520 inmates coming to the end of their sentences. It runs a successful community placement project with inmates working in charity shops, private gardens and factories.

Last night, a spokesman for the Prison Service said placements were a "valuable tool" to help inmates get accustomed to being back in the community.

He said all prisoners had risk assessment over the possible danger they might pose, adding: "We feel these schemes make a valuable contribution to reducing re-offending by easing prisoners back into the community."

Phil Wheatley, director general of the Prison Service, last night praised the Leyhill team.

He said: "I am immensely proud of Jeff Goundrill, the prisoners and all at Leyhill who produced a garden of exceptional quality."

Enver Solomon, policy officer at the Prison Reform Trust, said: "This is a very positive thing - prisons should be about providing prisoners with opportunities."

Four years ago, Princess Michael was accused of bringing traffic to a standstill when she travelled to the flower show in a limousine with police outriders.

And Buckingham Palace recently "humiliated" the princess and her husband Prince Michael of Kent by giving them seven years to move out of their apartment at Kensington Palace.

They had previously been told the rent-free apartment, given by the Queen as a wedding present in 1978, would be theirs for life.

From The Mirror.

Attachments

• DANISH_20BANQUET_317289G.jpg
    DANISH_20BANQUET_317289G.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,513
    22 KB · Views: 1,233
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,970
  • 728763_03.jpg
    728763_03.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,569
Thanks for the photos Mybags!!

I was wondering, why is she called Princess Pushy?? :huh:

The woman is look great at 58 :w00t:

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By FRANK ROLLITZ/REX FEATURES WEDDING OF PRINCE HENRICH ZU SAYN WITTGENSTEIN TO PRISCILLA INCISA DELLA ROCHETTA, BOLGHERI, TUSCANY, ITALY - 21 JUN 2003

Attachments

• prince_michael_family_a.jpg
    prince_michael_family_a.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,062
  • prince_michael_princess_michael.jpg
    prince_michael_princess_michael.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 845
  • princess_michael_a.jpg
    princess_michael_a.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 849
My boy is not a junkie, says Princess Michael
By Caroline Davies
(Filed: 25/06/2003) Telegraph

Princess Michael of Kent has spoken of her dismay that her son, Lord
Frederick Windsor, has been branded "a junkie" over his
experimentation with cocaine.

"He's down as a drug-user, but he's not," she said in a highly
personal interview. "You just have to watch him in action. Freddie
isn't a junkie."

Lord Frederick, 24, who has just finished four years at Oxford and is
now going to law school, publicly admitted using the drug after being
photographed leaving a party in a dishevelled state.

But his mother insists he resisted the temptation of drugs for years,
and that she had tried to emphasise the dangers of drug abuse to both
her son and her daughter, Lady Gabriella, 22, who is now studying at
Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.

"I went through a lot of trouble with the drug thing because it's
every mother's worst fear," she said in an interview with Hello!
magazine.

"So, just before he was due to go to Eton, when he was 12 or 13, I
took Freddie and Ella to a drug rehabilitation centre to see for
themselves.

"When we were there, what looked like an old woman came up and told
us, 'I'm 17. I haven't got a tooth in my head. I have had two
children I've never seen. Do you want to be like me?'

"Both children were sick in the garden when we left, they were so
shocked." She then took them to Scotland Yard to see what drugs
looked like so they could recognise them. "Ella was freaked out, anti-
drugs - she's a health nut and eats raw vegetables.

"And Freddie was logically and academically anti-drugs and bored all
his friends to death in his first year at university about it. But
because he hadn't tried drugs he was teased for not knowing what he
was talking about.

"Finally he gave in and agreed to try it, but there were two boys who
heard and shopped him to the press.

"That's my son's drug record. That's their 'admitted drug user or
abuser'," she said. "He asked me what to say when the press rang up
and I told him, 'Mea culpa. I tried it, I'm sorry and I'm never going
to try it again'."

She said her son was "tough".

"He has got to know what it's all about and he's his own person. He's
very well in his own skin."

Princess Michael, who celebrates 25 years of marriage to Prince
Michael of Kent next month, also spoke of their shock that they will
be forced to leave the Kensington Palace apartment in which they have
lived, rent-free, since their marriage.

The Queen, who had agreed to let the couple remain there for life,
bowed to pressure from MPs earlier this year and told them they must
move in seven years' time, during which she will pay the market rent
for the apartment, thought to be around £150,000 a year.

The couple said that when they inquired whether they would be able to
stay in Kensington Palace after the seven years if they managed to
find the rent, they were told no.

They will then have to move into their 17th-century Gloucestershire
manor house, Nether Lypiatt, which is thought to be valued at around
£3 million.

"Having been given the apartment for life, I assumed we would live
the rest of our days there," said the Princess. She added that they
had been planning to sell Nether Lypiatt for income, possibly to
their son.

"The big shock is that we've lost our old age pension because we
can't do that any more," she said.

-----------------------------------------
Personally, I think that Freddie has been the shining star in the Royal Family (education-wise): Honor Student at Eton, Oxford, now Law School...but this article is what I call classic denial :p

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 516
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES Princess Michael of Kent and Crown Prince Willem Alexander of Holland AWARDS CEREMONY OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY FOR THE PROMOTION OF HEALTH, SAVOY HOTEL, LONDON, BRITAIN - 30 JUN 2003

Attachments

• princess_michael_420644e.jpg
    princess_michael_420644e.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,567
  • EN_NL_420644c.jpg
    EN_NL_420644c.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 843
  • EN_NL_420644ib.jpg
    EN_NL_420644ib.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 787
I look pictures from recent weeks ago what you're said!

I dont think so Princess of Kents used boots with skirts with match clothes looks ugly! but not looks perfect! no dress shoes !

when i thinking about Princess Diana she used boots with jeans without skirts she looks perfects with caps ! in 1980's or 1990's im not sure if you have pictures of her ?

Sara Boyce

1.Polfoto 06-07-2003 Jul 06, 2003; Wimbledon, England, UK; Prince Michael of Kent and his Princess in the Royal Box during the Men's Finals of the 2003 Wimbledon Championships. Mandatory Credit: Photo by Art Seitz/ZUMA Press. (©) Copyright 2003 by Art Seitz

2-4.www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Michael and Princess Michael at Photographic Exhibition at the AOP Gallery, Leonard Street, London, Britain. July 8, 2003.

5.www.rexfeatures.com

Attachments

• michaels.jpg
    michaels.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 481
  • michaels_1.jpg
    michaels_1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 477
  • michaels_b.jpg
    michaels_b.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 359
  • michael_2.jpg
    michael_2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 399
  • princess_michael_a.jpg
    princess_michael_a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 396
Imo the pic Jalmey Posted: Jun 27th, 2003 - 5:11 pm shows how much Prince William resembles Lord Frederick Windsor

Will simply has had the fortune - so far - to avoid being photographed when not sober...

I read this in a 1988 issue of Royalty Magazine and thought it was interesting. So I will write it here.

On Sunday 17 April, Countess Marianne Rogala-Koczorowski, mother of Princess Michael of Kent, died in Australia in her 77th year. The Princess flew to Australia for the funeral after her mother's sudden and unexpected death.

Born in 1911, Countess Marianne was the daughter of Count Friedrich Szapary and his wife Princess Maria Hedwig zu Windisch-Gratz. On the death of her mother in 1918, the Countess Marianne inherited considerable estates in Czechoslovakia. In 1936, the year after the death of her father, she was one of the competitors in the Hungarian ski team in the Winter Olympic Games.

In 1941, the Countess Marianne, now aged 30--went through a form of marriage with the 47-year-old Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, an Austrian nobleman. In view of his Nazi associations that were revealed later, it is ironic that she had participated in anti-Nazi demonstrations, for which she was imprisoned in a concentration camp.

But she was released before the birth of her daughter, Marie-Christine, on January 15, 1945. On May 1, 1945, Baron von Reibnitz escaped from a Russian prisoner-of-war camp and traveled through Poland to join his family in Austria where the Countess also had estates.

In April 1947, a Bavarian De-Nazification Court classified von Reibnitz as a "lesser offender". He successfully appealed against the Court's decision and in May 1948, was pronounced to be a "follower" rather than a "supporter" of the Nazi regime.

But von Reibnitz now had to confess to Marianne, who had borne him a son as well as Marie-Christine, that he already had a wife and a daughter when he married her in 1941, and consequently their marriage was bigamous.

A sympathetic but firm cardinal assured the horrified Countess that as she had married von Reibnitz in good faith, their two children were legitimate in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church--but, of couse, marital relations must cease.

It was her equivocal position that determined the Countess-who already escaped from Communist Czechoslovakia with her children--to emigrate to Australia with them.

In Australia, she married a Polish nobleman Count Tadeusz Rogala-Koczorowski, who had been a diplomat before the war. Marie-Christine, after doing well at school and becoming a good tennis player and horsewoman, returned to Europe in August 1962. She came to Britain to study interior design in 1965.

On 15 September 1971 she married the merchant banker Thomas Troubridge, but the marriage was not successful. After it's dissolution and annulment, she married Prince Michael of Kent in Vienna in June 1978. Both her parents were present.

It is thought that the Countess Marianne never recovered from the exposure, in 1985, of her husband's Nazi past--he had died in 1983. Her death was sudden and unexpected and her daughter was not with her, but the Princess flew to Australia for the funeral. The Countess can take much of the credit for her daughter's success and, for Princess Michael, the loss will be irreperable.

--Bill Samuels

Very interesting story. Thank you for posting it!

So, was Princess Michael's mother of Czech or Polish desent? I ask because Szapary is a Polish name.

Thanks, Lord Sosnowitz. I ask only because I have seen the name many times in Poland. :)

www.hellomagazine.com

Princess Michael of Kent Among Those at Annabel's Bash

18 SEPTEMBER 2003
It was a glittering celebration for famed Berkeley Square club Annabel's this week, as Dame Edna Everage welcomed guests to a pair of parties marking the establishment's 40th anniversary.

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson set flashbulbs popping in a silver sequinned Julien MacDonald gown which showed off her tanned legs, and Princess Michael of Kent was elegant in an eggshell-coloured shimmering top. Jemima Khan followed the evening's neutra-toned trend as well with a beige crocheted dress and ballet-style shoes.

Proprietor Mark Birley began the private club - named after his now ex-wife Lady Annabel Goldsmith - in 1963, with his society pals joining at about £5 a year. These days, the fee to join at Annabel's, which ranks among the top, and longest-running, clubs worldwide, is 150 times that amount.

But that's not the only thing that has changed at 44 Berkeley Square. Mark's children, son Robin, an entrepreneur, and daughter India-Jane, an artist, are taking over. The new management, along with tweaked club rules and a refurbished interior, hopes to attract more clientele from the younger set.

Attachments

• annabels_dop2a.jpg
    annabels_dop2a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 656
Polfoto 10-10-2003 Gary Lee / uppa.co.uk London - PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT arriving for the service of rememberance for Iraq at St Paul's Cathederal.

Attachments

• michael.jpg
    michael.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 316
hello i would love to see a picture of the duke and duchess of kent with all their grandchildren! annybody has one please!
guzina

Originally posted by Jenna1186@May 21st, 2003 - 4:58 am
PRINCESS PUSHY'S HAUGHTY CULTURE

May 21 2003
By Richard Smith

PRINCESS Michael of Kent has got a group of prisoners to do her gardening for free.

She called for their help, unpaid, after seeing the award-winning garden they created at this week's Chelsea Flower Show.

The royal - dubbed Princess Pushy - had earlier told TV's Alan Titchmarsh she didn't have enough staff to do the weeding at home.

But after meeting Richard Booty, governor of Leyhill prison, Gloucs, she can now expect a visit from inmates to her nearby Nether Lypiatt estate.

They won gold for their woodland-themed garden, No Time To Stand And Stare, in the show garden category. It was inspired by William Henry Davies' poem Leisure.

The prison previously won silver at Chelsea in 2001 and gold in 2000.

The princess's five-acre garden featured on BBC2's coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show. A royal aide said yesterday she wanted to show her support for the prisoners.

He said: "She went to the stand and spoke to the person in charge.

"She thought the garden was exceptional, unbelievably beautiful.

"It came up in the conversation that she would be interested in employing a number of prisoners to work on her garden. She also said she would be very willing, once they have left prison, to employ them on a more permanent basis."

The garden was designed by head of inmate activities Jeff Goundrill.

He said: "I am absolutely thrilled with this garden, both for the team at Chelsea and for the staff and prisoners at Leyhill who can't be here. This is the icing on the cake."

The garden includes wild and native plants, ranging from bluebells and wild garlic to cowslips, willow herb, rushes and grasses.

A footpath leads over an arched bridge which goes through the garden to a woodland walk.

Inmate Jez, 24, described the award as a "once in a lifetime achievement". He added: "It is a feeling like I have never felt before - it is absolutely incredible." While serving time, Jez has achieved an NVQ in bricklaying. A second qualification in machinery meant he was able to operate the digger which helped build the garden.

He plans to ditch a life of crime and stick to gardening. He said: "I definitely want to continue in this line of work, landscaping."

Leyhill open prison has 520 inmates coming to the end of their sentences. It runs a successful community placement project with inmates working in charity shops, private gardens and factories.

Last night, a spokesman for the Prison Service said placements were a "valuable tool" to help inmates get accustomed to being back in the community.

He said all prisoners had risk assessment over the possible danger they might pose, adding: "We feel these schemes make a valuable contribution to reducing re-offending by easing prisoners back into the community."

Phil Wheatley, director general of the Prison Service, last night praised the Leyhill team.

He said: "I am immensely proud of Jeff Goundrill, the prisoners and all at Leyhill who produced a garden of exceptional quality."

Enver Solomon, policy officer at the Prison Reform Trust, said: "This is a very positive thing - prisons should be about providing prisoners with opportunities."

Four years ago, Princess Michael was accused of bringing traffic to a standstill when she travelled to the flower show in a limousine with police outriders.

And Buckingham Palace recently "humiliated" the princess and her husband Prince Michael of Kent by giving them seven years to move out of their apartment at Kensington Palace.

They had previously been told the rent-free apartment, given by the Queen as a wedding present in 1978, would be theirs for life.

From The Mirror.
Isn't that the prison that was featured in "Green Fingers"? That was a decent film.

Anyway, she is lovely. Great skin for her age. Nice clothes too. I like her in that red dress the most.

www.ibl.se - PRINCE AND PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT THE WEDDING OF KATE ROTHSCHILD AND BEN GOLDSMITH, ST MARYS CHURCH, BURY ST EDMUNDS, SUFFOLK, BRITAIN - 20 SEP 2003

Attachments

• michaels.jpg
    michaels.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 430
  • michaels_a.jpg
    michaels_a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 452
Sources: Rex Features, IBL, Polfoto, and Corbis

Attachments

• EN_prince_michael_101.jpg
    EN_prince_michael_101.jpg