Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.www.corbis.com

2.www.rexfeatures.com - Princess Michael with son Lord Frederick.

3.www.rexfeatures.com

4,5.CORBIS - 11 December 2001 - Princess Michael of Kent wearing a wrap-style coat arriving for a Christmas lunch hosted by the Jermyn Street Association.

Attachments

• EN_princess_michael_109a.jpg
    EN_princess_michael_109a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 278
  • EN_prince_michael_family_102.jpg
    EN_prince_michael_family_102.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 248
  • EN_princess_michael_114a.jpg
    EN_princess_michael_114a.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 400
  • EN_princess_michael_498.jpg
    EN_princess_michael_498.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 227
  • EN_princess_michael_498a.jpg
    EN_princess_michael_498a.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos, Alexandria!

I was just thinking that Princess Michael looks far better in tighter fitting clothes. She tends to wear 'baggy' outfits sometimes, but they don't do a lot for her.

You're very welcome, Binny.

An interesting observation you make! I think you're right, however. Princess Michael tends to wear looser-fitting clothes, some to the point of being frumpy, and she's got such a great figure, I think she should really show it off more. Not show her midriff or wear extra low-rise pants or anything like that! But suits and evening gowns that hug her figure a bit more would make a very big difference!

IBL - 14 December 2003 - Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Inaugural concert at the Theatre "La Fenice."

Attachments

• kent_1.jpg
    kent_1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 426
  • kent_1a.jpg
    kent_1a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 414
Last edited by a moderator:
Szapary was the name of Princess Michael's mother's second husband. He was a Polish nobleman.

Oh no!
Channel 11 News in NY last night featured a story that Princess Michael was apparently not too kind to some fellow diners at the restaurant Da Silvano on Houston St. in the West Village on Tuesday night. Supposedly she was irked by a group of people next to her who were having a good time and were a little too loud for her taste. She told them "Enough already", asked for a new table, and then made some comment based on their African-American heritage. The restaurant owner was there and confirmed the story.

Yesterday, I brought the New York post just for that story. From the paper
Pss Michael reached over and just slammed her open pla down on our table, everything shook. she said enough already, you need to quiet down. The ppl at the table countinied talking and the princess demanded a new table. as she was leaving she said with her fist pumped toward one of the ppl at the table and said " You need to go back to the colonies". so one of the table members said " What did you mean by that " back to the colonies?" Pss Mike" I did not say go back to the colonies, I said you should remember the colonies, bsck in the days of the colonies, there were rules that were very good. You think about, just think about. Pss Mike was in the U.S to attend Gabby's graduation. I used to think the Pss was very pretty and the prettest out of the Britsh princess, but now she is just uglyyy. :sick:

May 27, 2004 -- THE sun set on Princess Michael of Kent's "empire" yesterday — thanks to the racist remarks she made at Da Silvano.

The Pushy Princess, as she is known in Britain, had been trying to launch a career in the United States along the lines of Sarah Ferguson's successful efforts with endorsements and children's books.

But yesterday — following her outburst at Da Silvano, where she told a talkative table-ful of African-Americans they should "go back to the colonies" — her publicist, Dan Klores, dropped her as a client.

Insiders say the Czech-born royal-by-marriage wanted to become the "English Martha Stewart" in the U.S. to help raise funds for herself and her hubby Prince Michael, who will lose their free apartment in Kensington Palace in a few years.

"She and her husband are broke," an insider said. "A year ago, she went to William Morris and wanted them to set her up with a television show. The agents there said she wasn't famous enough, but noted she should write another book and get herself a U.S. 'platform,' so to speak."

Princess Michael decided to write a "historical novel," titled "The Serpent and the Moon," due out in September from Simon & Schuster.

She then sought public-relations help and tried to hire Howard Rubenstein, who helped turn Ferguson, the former Duchess of York, into a millionaire. "Fergie has a successful career in the States and has made a lot of money over here. Howard helped Fergie a lot," the insider added. "But Howard turned Princess Michael down flat. Fergie hates her."

Princess Michael was instrumental in stripping Ferguson of her duchess title after her split with Prince Andrew, and once got Fergie and her daughters booted from first class on a flight so she and her husband could take their seats.

Rubenstein said: "Yes, I did decline to represent her. I didn't think she had a business plan that would have been appropriate for me to be involved with . . . I am delighted I did not take her on as a client."

Now, after her bigoted outburst at Da Silvano, Princess Michael might have trouble finding anyone to work with her.

"She can't make any money in England because they hate her there," our insider said. "So she thought she could pull the wool over the eyes of people here."
From page six in the New York Post. Also in the acticle about the princess, it said that she demanded that Sarah( still married to Andrew) and her daughters be removed from first class so she can sit there.

Originally posted by sky@May 27th, 2004 - 6:59 pm
Yesterday, I brought the New York post just for that story. From the paper
Pss Michael reached over and just slammed her open pla down on our table, everything shook. she said enough already, you need to quiet down. The ppl at the table countinied talking and the princess demanded a new table. as she was leaving she said with her fist pumped toward one of the ppl at the table and said " You need to go back to the colonies". so one of the table members said " What did you mean by that " back to the colonies?" Pss Mike" I did not say go back to the colonies, I said you should remember the colonies, bsck in the days of the colonies, there were rules that were very good. You think about, just think about. Pss Mike was in the U.S to attend Gabby's graduation. I used to think the Pss was very pretty and the prettest out of the Britsh princess, but now she is just uglyyy. :sick:
:flower: Pla means palm sorry, I was typing really fast.

Originally posted by sky@May 28th, 2004 - 8:24 am
Princess Michael was instrumental in stripping Ferguson of her duchess title after her split with Prince Andrew, and once got Fergie and her daughters booted from first class on a flight so she and her husband could take their seats.
This is a ridiculous rumour! Princess Michael doesn't have that much influence with the Queen. The Queen is very fond of her cousin, Prince Michael but M-C has the princess is known in the family is not very popular.

If anyone was responsible for the removal of Fergie's HRH it was Fergie through her bad behaviour!

As to the incident with the flight, I'm sure M-C was put in her place when the Queen & Prince Phillip found out about it as the Princess's Beatrice & Eugenie outrank Princess Michael and had more right to be in first class than she did.

Reporting here from New York, USA: Princess Michael has yet landed herself in hot water again by making racial slurs against African-Americans.

According to the NY POST, Princess Michael was dining at the famous Da Silvano restaurant in NYC and was at a table next to a group of prominent African-American diners. Apparently, Princess Pushy felt they were too loud and demanded they quiet down. They refused and as she had herself seated at a new table away from these diners, she made comments that "they should go back to the colonies"--referring to Great Britain's former colonial occupation of much of Africa.

A prominent Lord in England has denounced her actions and there may be further action taken by the House of Lords. She will surely be scolded severly by the Queen when she returns to England.

According to press reports here from the NY POST, Princess Michael is here to try to raise money for her and her husband's bank account. She has written a novel due out in September, and is reported to be trying to bank on American money as Fergie has. There has been a rumour that she tried to use the same agent Fergie has here in the United States, and he turned her down FLAT. Also, rumors abound that she and Prince Michael are going to lose their free Kensington Palace apartment also.

Well, what do you think of this latest fiasco???

Well, she denied having said it, so it comes down to one person's word against another's. Not that it would be wildly out of character, if most of the reports about her are true, of course.

However, I think it's a bit much for the people making that disturbance at the restaurant to be claiming the moral high ground here. They were spoling the evening for everybody else there, by all accounts, which is extremely inconsiderate and selfish. And then to turn all outraged and shocked when someone has finally had enough, after requests from the management to tone it down have been ignored, and tells them what she thinks of them, just seems to me to be hypocritical. It's not as though they were just sitting there minding their own business and she leapt down their throats the first time one of them said something loudly; it sounds as if they'd been there for a while creating mayhem the whole time.

You make some valid points Elspeth. I am inclined to believe she did make the comment. Even if the other table is guilty of "mayhem" there are no reports of ethnic slurs from them. In my view, no matter how mad you may get, there is no excuse for ethnic slurs. There is enough hate in this world based on color, class, religion etc, that there just is no excuse for this kind of comment anytime or anywhere--especially from a royal who claims she is the perfect princess.

All Princess Michael should have done was move as she did and not say a word--that would have been class and taking the high road. The other table would have looked foolish.

I too heard that she and the Prince were going to loose their free Kinsington Apartment.

I do believe that she made those comments wether or not the others were the antaginizers per say. The Princess has had her share of comments in the past, and they haven't always been all that swell if you know what I mean...

If only she realised that the perfect princess wouldn't need to claim to be the perfect princess.

The Queen must sometimes wonder what she did to deserve some of her relations.

Yeah, I can see Princess Michael's point. The days of the colonies were more elegant. I can tell you, if someone is ruining a meal im paying hundreds for...yeah, Im going to say something too.

Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that she tended to let other people pay for her meals. Wasn't she the one who said something along the lines that she'd go anywhere for a free meal?

Even so, it's a real pain when you're out with friends who you don't see all that often and have your evening ruined by people who refuse to behave in public. However, she'd probably have been better off if she'd stopped to think about how the Queen Mum would have handled the situation.

Originally posted by Lord Williams@May 28th, 2004 - 10:58 am
Yeah, I can see Princess Michael's point. The days of the colonies were more elegant. I can tell you, if someone is ruining a meal im paying hundreds for...yeah, Im going to say something too.
Well that is quite something--going back to a time that dehumanized a whole race of people?? And Princess Michael will go anywhere for a free anything--She is worse than Fergie ever was--And Fergie has paid her debts!!

As I said in another thread, Princess Pushy is forever embarrassing the Queen. Her popularity in this country (Britain) is not good and she continues to make it worse. As for losing their grace and favour apartments. Our whole monarchy is downsizing and quite rightly so. It is exactly that part of the Royal Family that so many people have a problem with. Instead of puting the family first and trying to do whatever it takes to preserve our monarchy the Kents just winge. Even when they are chucked out of KP , they have a huge mansion in Gloustershire so they wont be homeless.

Originally posted by Georgia@May 31st, 2004 - 1:26 pm
As I said in another thread, Princess Pushy is forever embarrassing the Queen. Her popularity in this country (Britain) is not good and she continues to make it worse. As for losing their grace and favour apartments. Our whole monarchy is downsizing and quite rightly so. It is exactly that part of the Royal Family that so many people have a problem with. Instead of puting the family first and trying to do whatever it takes to preserve our monarchy the Kents just winge. Even when they are chucked out of KP , they have a huge mansion in Gloustershire so they wont be homeless.
This is amazing, Georgia and I agree on something!! :p

And if the gossip is correct they cannot afford the upkeep of Nether Lypiatt Manor in Gloucestershre!!

She seems like an interesting and mouthy woman!

And if the gossip is correct they cannot afford the upkeep of Nether Lypiatt Manor in Gloucestershre!!

Well, then, her little outburst might have one saving grace - if it's put all the agents off her, we might be spared the sight of her on US television, selling diets and exercise eqipment like Fergie does as a way to make money.

She'd better start writing some more of her books and hope that one of them's a best seller.:rolleyes:

Give Sarah Ferguson some credit--she paid her debts off and now has more money that the Duke of York--which was stated in "Royalty A to Z" which Prince Edward produced!!

I believe Sarah has learned from her mistakes and has now become a productive member of society and is moving forward. I say congratulations to her and wish her happiness! You don't hear anything negative about Sarah here in the USA, maybe because we are more understanding and forgiving of mere mortals than those who are born to royalty or married into it and think their <bleep> doesn't stink!!

Give Sarah Ferguson some credit--she paid her debts off and now has more money that the Duke of York--which was stated in "Royalty A to Z" which Prince Edward produced!!

Yes, that's true. It's just that I found some of those WeighhtWatchers ads of hers rather cringe-making.

Which ones made you cringe?? I am curious??

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:00 pm
Princess Michael of Kent opens Society of Women Artists exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London - Photo: © Alphapress.com

pic from Hello! magazine
I cannot believe she had the gumption to show up after her latest "faux pas".

Which ones made you cringe?? I am curious?

Some of the earlier ones where she looked really awkward and uncomfortable.

I see that a reception for the breast cancer patient who cycled halfway across Europe for charity was cancelled because Princess Michael was going to be there and it was felt that the controversy over her New York incident would overshadow the reason for the reception. That's a shame.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:55 am
I see that a reception for the breast cancer patient who cycled halfway across Europe for charity was cancelled because Princess Michael was going to be there and it was felt that the controversy over her New York incident would overshadow the reason for the reception. That's a shame.
You are so right Elspeth!! They should have uninvited Princess Michael and sent the Duchess of Kent or Duchess of Gloucester--they have class!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom