Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idriel said:
Thank you Queen Elizabeth.
That's a very funny picture. All men are walking next to their wives but Andrew, the notorious womanizer, find himself with the priest...

Also, do you notice how the duke of Kent is turned slightly away from his wife, (who is apparantly seperated from him....)

auntie said:
Also, do you notice how the duke of Kent is turned slightly away from his wife, (who is apparantly seperated from him....)
Sorry I just saw the post that it was Palexandra with the duke...

BTW, what is said of Prince and Princess Michael's marriage? is it a happy one?
The rumoured affairs she had, when were they?

auntie said:
BTW, what is said of Prince and Princess Michael's marriage? is it a happy one?
The rumoured affairs she had, when were they?
The marriage of the Princes of Kent was one of love. As a lot of marriages, they got though a really rough time, which was not helped by the fact MC wasn't accepted by the royal family nor the British press. It is rumored MC had a string of affairs with American citizen years ago.
As far as I know, they got over their troubles and are now very happy and very together. They have been married for 27 years, now! I clearly don't see them divorcing or even separating.

auntie said:

Actually, I think that's his sister, Princess Alexandra, walking with him.

It definatley was Princess Alexandra. I saw it on T.V. and the Duchess of Kent didn't attend.

That's too bad. I have always had a soft spot for the Duchess of Kent. She seems very human, very normal, very caring. I do not think you would see Princess Michael, after all, teaching music to elementary school kids (I heard the Duchess of Kent was doing that in a newspaper a couple of years ago).

grecka said:
That's too bad. I have always had a soft spot for the Duchess of Kent. She seems very human, very normal, very caring. I do not think you would see Princess Michael, after all, teaching music to elementary school kids (I heard the Duchess of Kent was doing that in a newspaper a couple of years ago).

You got that right Grecka!! The Duchess of Kent is a woman I truly admire.

Why are the lesser royals in front of the Queen's kids? I love to see ceremonies like this though!

Another mystery

Reina said:
Why are the lesser royals in front of the Queen's kids?
The photo http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=246671#poststop shows a reverse Order of Precedence! Perhaps they were lined up outside the Abbey with Andrew at the front and Prince & Princess Michael taking up the rear, when they had to do an about face but didn't have time to re-order themselves? Seriously though the only explanation I can come up with is that the highest in Precedence enters last (but before The Queen); which seems at odds with the whole concept of Precedence. Another mystery!

OK, do you think it has something to do with the whole Princess over Countess, Duchess thing? ALso maybe the seats were arranged to where it would have been better for the lesser royals to go first, but that is a tacky explanation. But actually what I was thinking when I first saw the photo was maybe it was in order of rank in the army since the service had to do with that? I think that woudl make more sense.

For the Queen Mother's funeral the junior royals entered the abbey in reverse order, with the Michaels and Princess Alexandra at the front, followed by the Duke of Kent's children, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, the Gloucester children and the Duke and Duchess behind them. I think it has to do with the fact that the Queen shows up last, so the precendence is sort of from most junior to most senior.I don't remember what the Queen Mother's immediate family did, although most of the men (and Princess Anne) were marching behind the coffin so would have arrived at the abbey after everyone else was seated.

Don't mention Precedence!

Elspeth said:
For the Queen Mother's funeral the junior royals entered the abbey in reverse order. I think it has to do with the fact that the Queen shows up last, so the precendence is sort of from most junior to most senior.
Whereas from what we have seen of the grand full dress tiara functions at Buckingham Palace The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh enter first (after those mirrored doors are opened), followed by the rest of the Royal Family, highest to lowest.

Have we stumbled upon yet another Order of Precedence? If so, best not to mention it to Frothy and branchg! ;)

It looks as though these depend entirely on what the Queen's doing. If the tradition is that she arrives last, then any procession of royals would have to start low and build up to her. At Buckingham Palace, when she's already at home and is dealing with foreign heads of state and so on, she'd lead the proceedings. I'm sure in this case you'd just see the same order but reversed. In both cases it'd be the order of prcedence used in public.

Warren said:
Whereas from what we have seen of the grand full dress tiara functions at Buckingham Palace The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh enter first (after those mirrored doors are opened), followed by the rest of the Royal Family, highest to lowest.

Have we stumbled upon yet another Order of Precedence? If so, best not to mention it to Frothy and branchg! ;)

You are too funny Warren!!:p Let's not start it up again please!!!

Elspeth said:
It may well be; the Duchess doesn't attend many official functions any more, and Princess Alexandra still seems to do so.

I wonder why the Duke isn't wearing his Garter sash.

I wonder.... Edward George, the eldest son of George and Marina ,is the Duke of Kent, while Michael, who was born 7 years after Edward, in 1942, is Prince Michael, their own sis is Duchess Alexandra of Kent, them, the 3s of them, are all called of Kent, it mde me confused ......

The Kents

emily62_1 said:
I wonder.... Edward George, the eldest son of George and Marina ,is the Duke of Kent, while Michael, who was born 7 years after Edward, in 1942, is Prince Michael, their own sis is Duchess Alexandra of Kent, them, the 3s of them, are all called of Kent, it mde me confused ......
The Duke and Duchess of Kent (George and Marina) had three children:
- Prince Edward (1935-) who succeeded his father as Duke of Kent in 1942. He is married to Katherine Worsley who is the Duchess of Kent;
- Princess Alexandra (1936-) who's title is HRH Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy;
- Prince Michael (1942-) who as the younger son of a Royal Duke has no other title than HRH Prince Michael of Kent.

Three children, one a Royal Duke, the others a Prince and Princess, all "of Kent".

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended the baptism of Maria Chiaria, second daughter of Charles and Camilla of Bourbon-2 Sicilies, Duke and Duchess of Calabria, in Porto Cervo, Sardinia,3rd August:
Pics from Newscom:

Attachments

• sipaphotos248104.jpg
    sipaphotos248104.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 164
  • sipaphotos248108.jpg
    sipaphotos248108.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 156
  • sipaphotos248109.jpg
    sipaphotos248109.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 193
  • sipaphotos248120.jpg
    sipaphotos248120.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 155
  • sipaphotos248076.jpg
    sipaphotos248076.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess BellyFlop said:
Does anyone know why she converted to catholicism?

Are you asking about the Duchess of Kent?? She converted in the 1990's, my guess being it was what she believed to be the true faith. Princess Michael of Kent has always been Catholic.

Thanks. You are right I was mixing up the two. I didn't know that the Princess was always catholic.

PRINCE MICHAEL TO VISIT NAVAL COLLEGE JOHN KIRK

11:00 - 15 August 2005
Staff at the historic Britannia Royal Naval College will be honoured with a second royal visit to mark the facility's centenary year. Prince Michael of Kent will be visiting the college, on the banks of the River Dart, in Dartmouth, next month. Last month Prince Andrew, also visited the naval training establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Britain's Prince and Princess Michael of Kent involved in boating accident

Aug 16, 2005, 14:37 GMT http://corp.monstersandcritics.com/article_3947.php Britain's Prince and Princess Michael of Kent have been involved in a boating accident after a yacht they were holidaying on crashed into rocks off Sardinia.

The princess and her husband were left seriously shaken by the crash, which landed three people in hospital.

The £30 million 246ft yacht had been hired by Italian aristocrats, Prince Carlo de Bourbon and his wife Camilla, who invited the prince and princess to join them.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1041646.php/Britains_Prince_and_Princess_Michael_of_Kent_involved_in_boating_accident

They didn't talk about the accident in the Italian tv news. When a VIP has a problem or accident when on holiday (especially in Sardinia) they usually tell it. :rolleyes:

According to the Scotsman and other papers:

Princess Michael of Kent is taking part in a new TV documentary
which follows her as she tries to sell her 18th century home.

Nether Lypiatt is for sale??

Dennism said:
According to the Scotsman and other papers:

Princess Michael of Kent is taking part in a new TV documentary
which follows her as she tries to sell her 18th century home.

She is selling Nether Lypiatt to stay in Kensington Palace???? I know her brother and sister-in-law are selling their country home also!!

Leave it to Princess Michael to earn more money off of it by turning it into a TV documentary!! She is probably being paid for the documentary, and the documentary could jack up the price of the home!!!

Probably she hopes that, seeing the house in tv, some rich people become interested in it. And if there are several people who want buy the house, she could even rise the price! I hope that she'll be able to sell it at a high price; in the future she and her husband will face housing problems and they will need money.

In a way, I do feel sorry for that woman. On one hand she is expected to live in a manor befitting to someone with and HRH or Princess in front of her name. I'm sure if she scale back her lavish lifestyle, the red tops will make sniping comments about going to the poor house. At least she is honest about trying to make as much money as she can on her country house.

Incas said:
In a way, I do feel sorry for that woman. On one hand she is expected to live in a manor befitting to someone with and HRH or Princess in front of her name. I'm sure if she scale back her lavish lifestyle, the red tops will make sniping comments about going to the poor house. At least she is honest about trying to make as much money as she can on her country house.

I think Princess Michael has always had a "greed" streak. She always complained she and her husband were never on the civil list and that they "would go anywhere for a hot meal." That is just too tacky to say when there are plenty of people starving and have no home.

tiaraprin said:
I think Princess Michael has always had a "greed" streak. She always complained she and her husband were never on the civil list and that they "would go anywhere for a hot meal." That is just too tacky to say when there are plenty of people starving and have no home.

As the old saying goes, money doesn't buy you class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom