Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Lady Marmalade is correct. I meant Princess Marina of Greece. Sorry about the confusion!

understand now, thanks, it was the present tense that mixed it up for me

Zonk1189 said:
Yes, Lady Marmalade is correct. I meant Princess Marina of Greece. Sorry about the confusion!

Word on the street (okay..it was a British tabolid) that the Queen is thoroughly disgusted with PMK over this outburst. While I can definitely appreciate the fact that she was set up, but the fake "Sheik" didn't make her say the things she said (regardless of the fact if some of the things she said were true or not.) My comment or questions is this....what is the next major event that the entire family will get together for...and do you think that she will be invited?

Oh, I'm sure the family will present a united front to the outside world, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all's sweetness and light on the inside.

I've been reading that the Queen was going to help the Kents look for new housing, and now she's so ticked off that she's not going to bother.

Well, honestly, as long as they're not going to get a grace-and-favour house, I assume they can do their own house-hunting without help anyway. Most of us manage without help from the Queen. I wonder exactly what sort of help was meant.

Anyway, wasn't Princess Michael threatening to move out of the country if fox-hunting was banned? Perhaps the Queen might, under the circumstances, be very helpful in their house-hunting enterprise if they really were looking for a place in Spain or South Africa or something.

Or maybe the Queen could have a word with Harry who has significant friends in Zimbabwe! And Princess Michael could hunt all she wants.

My impression is that the Michaels are having significant money problems (but perhaps I'm wrong).

Big game hunting in Zimbabwe is expensive. I think I read in Chelsy's thread that her dad's hunting business charges thousands of pounds for each animal. That can rack up the bills really fast. What do people do with the dead animals anyway? I can't imagine eating elephants or tigers. Anyway, Zimbabwe is probably a bad idea. I think the Michaels are more into chasing rabbits.

I just read that Princess Michael has been approached with the idea of doing a show along the lines of The Osbournes.

Yikes, hope Prince Michael refuses that opportunity! (Although they are looking for a down payment on new living quarters...)

You really have to admire PMK...she is spunky. Call me silly...but I would lie low and hope that the Queen doesn't notice me. I seriously doubt that she will do a reality show...she will never get the Honours that way.

I think she'll have great time on something like The Osbourne. It'll be so much fun. Definitely better than the "American Princess" nonsense.

Now that would be fun to watch....Princess Michael in her own reality show..she would eat it up..

iowabelle said:
I just read that Princess Michael has been approached with the idea of doing a show along the lines of The Osbournes.

Yikes, hope Prince Michael refuses that opportunity! (Although they are looking for a down payment on new living quarters...)

If she participates in a reality show, the Queen may reinstate the idea of "OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!"

This woman is so consumed by her HRH and money it is horrible!!

It might be a good thing for Princess Micheal to lay low now. After the embarassing " shiek" incedent.(sp) I don't think I would be yapping about anything right now if I were her. I'm sure the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family are pretty embarassed by her now. The Queen must not be amused:(

Surely a person with the concern about status that Princess Michael seems to have wouldn't think of demeaning herself to the point of being associated with a show like that.

I suppose her royal side and her need-money side do often find themselves at war, though. Somehow I don't think genteel poverty would appeal to her.

Elspeth,

did you see on the bbc the serie country house, filmed at woburn abbey, it was very good and not demeaning, the difference might be that they (the tavistocks?) live in a great house and the running of the house by the many different people was shown. I enjoyed the serie.

Elspeth said:
Surely a person with the concern about status that Princess Michael seems to have wouldn't think of demeaning herself to the point of being associated with a show like that.

I suppose her royal side and her need-money side do often find themselves at war, though. Somehow I don't think genteel poverty would appeal to her.

Hi Susan Alicia,

The Duke and Duchess of Bedford (the Russell family) own Woburn Abbey. The Tavistock name is a secondary title belonging to the Duke of Marlborough.

Oops....I correct myself...sorry.... :)

you are right...the tavistock name is the secondary title to the dukedom of bedford..

sorry SA... :)

Just found this article.

Barry Everingham: The Bondi girl listed in Simon Wiesenthal's war records

September 22, 2005

WRITING an unofficial biography of Sydney-raised and educated Princess Michael of Kent was never going to be easy. The girl, who in 1978 and against all odds married the Queen's first cousin, was adept at reinventing herself at every turn.
As Marie Christine von Reibnitz, she even denied the existence of her childhood home behind the old Waverley tram depot near Bondi Junction and claimed a Double Bay address......

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16678480%255E7583,00.html

Lady Jennifer said:
Just found this article.

Barry Everingham: The Bondi girl listed in Simon Wiesenthal's war records

September 22, 2005
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16678480%255E7583,00.html

That's a very interesting article detailing Princess Michael's father's participation in the Nazi movement (and interesting information about Prince Philip's brothers-in-law). I wonder how close her father was to Herman Goering... and how many half-siblings might have been born as part of the Lebensborn program. Imagine, a whole race of people like Princess Michael!

what is her really name???and who is the lady that presents the shield at wimbeldon then????

I read Barry Everinghams biography of Princess Michael and, in my opinion, it is one of the most negative pieces of writing ever produced about anyone. Whatever one thinks of the Princess this book could never be described as a balanced account of her life. One can tell from the opening lines that Everingham dislikes her intensely and almost every page of the book is so poisonous that it is virtually impossible to take anything he says, regarding the Princess or her father, seriously.

Peter Lane's biography of Princess Michael on the other hand is a well sourced, balanced and highly readable book and I would recommend it to anyone who has a genuine interest in her life. He covers every aspect including her father's war record and whereas Everingham's book is a sort of fanatical rant (with few references to sources which support his claims) Lane's book is also full of relevent source material.

Last edited:
say what you will about Princess Michael but she certainly is a very attractive woman. always dressed very elegantly.

Prince And Princess Michael Of Kent Part 2

any picture of the Prince's coat of arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom