Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKKentPrinceMichael.jpg

Arms of HRH Prince Michael of Kent

Welcome to part 5 of the thread to discuss the activities of

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

Part 4, September 2006 to September 2009, is here

° • °

Ah Ha! Complete with arms! Thank you Warren! :clap:

Thanks for the photos, Angela, Princess Michael looks simply lovely. And it's great that she's getting some press coverage for her good work.

Yes, indeed! The first thing that I noticed was how neat her hair was. Superficial, I know.:D But it is great to see her recognized for her contribution to this cause.:flowers:

Thanks for the photos, Angela, Princess Michael looks simply lovely. And it's great that she's getting some press coverage for her good work.

The pictures aren't new, they're from July 18, 2009 and were also posted in the older thread. :flowers:

Those uniforms are so very similar to the Americans. Nice pics, D. Thanks! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dierna23 Great pics, thanks. The prince and princess look wonderful.They do a marvelous job supporting the RF, they attend so many functions

The kents look wonderful as usual, does anyone know where or how I can see online the documentary of Nicholas and Alexandra, which Prince Michael narrates?

For years I think they were a bit overshadowed by the Duke and Duchess of Kent and Alexandra and her husband basically because they were a lot younger than the others and thus seen to be more junior. In recent years however with the other Kent siblings now in their seventies and without partners (in the Duke's case I mean at public events) the Michaels seem to have come into their own as prominant members of the family and really look the part. Has anyone else noticed this?

The kents look wonderful as usual, does anyone know where or how I can see online the documentary of Nicholas and Alexandra, which Prince Michael narrates?
Try youtube. Then post it here for the rest of us. :D

at The Guildhall event what Rank is Prince Michael wearing? im pretty sure its RN.

The Prince is an honorary Real Admiral of the Royal Naval reserve.

I really like the photos of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend a reception at London Guildhall, thanks for posting those.

Princess Michael looks very elegant, the photos prove it.
It's always nice for me to see this family couple together.

Pic 13.10.2009

Princess Michael of Kent attends the Vogue/Bvlgari Charity
Reception at the Saatchi Gallery on October 13 2009 in
London, England - great look! :)

---> Pic

:previous:Thanks for the update on Princess Michael's activities!:flowers:
Princess Michael looked great as usual. If memory serves me right, the Saatchi Gallery belongs to Nigella Lawson's husband.

...[snipped] Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend a reception at London Guildhall after a Service of Commemoration to mark the end of combat operations in Iraq on October 9, 2009:http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/91...CE1CA975EB9E47F0DD6F3EA72F22E194D44FD4D8D3C70
... [snipped]
Thanks for photos! It is always a pleasure to see Prince and Princess Michael together. They are such a regal couple!

:previous:It is always a pleasure to see Prince and Princess Michael together. They are such a regal couple!

Indeed! They do look very regal.

Two more pics of Princess Michael of Kent attending the Vogue Bvlgari 125th Anniversary Party supporting Save the Children at the Saatchi Gallery on October 13, 2009 in London.
Daylife
Daylife

Thank you for the pictures, Iceflower and Giov :flowers::flowers: Princess Michael looked great yesterday!

I agree. With her hair pulled in a low chignon and no eye popping decolletage she looked beautiful and regal.

:previous:
Absolutely magnificent picture, Warren! Princess Michael looks very elegant; I daresay she was the most elegant lady from the memorial service, ahead of even Her Majesty.
When I see Prince Michael in full military uniform, I always feel a bit uneasy just how much he resembles Nicholas II (and yes, I know I say this every time).

Pushy: Just wait for my girl's big day!

It's just a month since she oversaw the grand wedding of her son Lord Frederick Windsor to actress Sophie Winkleman, but Princess Michael of Kent is already looking forward to her daughter's big day.
Not that she was unhappy with her son's Hampton Court ceremony. 'I think it all went rather swimmingly,' the royal - nicknamed Princess Pushy - tells me at a Vogue/Bulgari bash at London's Saatchi Gallery.

'After big events, there's always that slight regret that creeps into your mind, and you worry that perhaps things should have followed a different route. But I think we all did a great job. As soon as I saw my Freddie smile from ear to ear, I knew it had been perfect for him. You must remember, even mere mortals who don't operate on a royal scale have these same regrets when putting together a wedding. It's not just us.
I also think it was difficult for me to exercise enough help, because it's tradition that most of the fuss is made over the bride and not the groom. Maybe when Ellie [her daughter Lady Gabriella] steps into a white gown one day, I'll get really excited!'

giov has posted two more pictures of Princess Michael from the Vogue/Bulgari event.

I love how DM takes turns to have a go either at Sarah, or at 'Princess Pushy'. ;)

Last edited:
Oooh! Nice! What do all the medals mean and the crosses??

Three of the medals I assume are the Coronation Medal from 1953 and the Jubilee Medals from 1977 and 2002 (William and Harry wear that last one as well, Andrew and Edward the 1977 and 2002 ones whereas Charles and Philip have all of them - along with the other men in the royal family).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom