Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother was looking at my copy of the Hello magazine that covered the royal wedding...she is so UNLIKE me in that she really isn't that interested in royals except for events such as this....but she surprised me when looking at the pics when she said...where is Princess Michael?! I found a pic of her at the wedding with the blue suit and she was like...she always looks fabulous :) I didn't even know she knew who she was!

Princess Michael should make her own movie about Marina, the Duchess of Kent, I mean she has access to the jewels the palaces and some of her clothes I'm sure, and plus Marina is my favorite royal of all time so I would watch it! ;)

Fergalicious, I'm amazed by how much you know about MC!! First of all, I thought that this was only an interview in Istanbul for commercial reasons (MC needs to promote her new book), I couldn't have imagined that there would be more to come! Secondly, I never read or heard that she would like to work as a TV presenter or hostess - thank you so very much for the information!!!! :flowers: I know that you do have inside knowledge and please don't deny that, so I was wondering whether you could tell us a few things about MC's relationship with the late Diana. Were they really at daggers drawn?? The nature of their relationship has always confused me, as they also used to be neighbours in Kensighton Palace. Any info will be highly appreciated and thank you in advance!!! :)

Why not? Heck, look at supermodel Carmen Dell'Orefice who happens to be turning 80 in a few weeks.

I had forgotten Carmen - she was the favourite model of Norman Parkinson at one time and by coincidence HE was the favourite photographer of the BRF in his heyday when they did not want to sit for 'family' - i.e. Snowdon or Lichfield.

Alex

@jonc93 wouldn't that be nice?? But I guess some people at the palace wouldn't like it.:nonono::sad:

@NoorMeansLight I dunno what you're talking about!!:lol: Marie-Christine is doing a series, which very nice for her. Last saturday she talked about St. Petersburg on World Travel Channel, watched it with loads of popcorn. She once said she wanted to be a teacher if I remember correctly..... All very good.Were they really at daggers drawn? Hmmm...:idea: Let us say their relationship was way different from the relationship between Diana and Sarah, who were best friends of course! Marie-Christine is older, different type of humour and she comes from another world. And what stories do you want to hear now? How they used opera glasses to spy on each other back then at KP? The story about the eggs or the one about the cats? When Diana once did goose step in front of her?:ROFLMAO: Those were the days.....:pAnd I believe it must've been hilarious days.

Princess Michael of Kent in Brazil

It took me so long to write this that Dierna32 arrived first" ;-)

Princess Michael of Kent is in Brazil to release the first edition in "Brazilian Portuguese” of her 1986 book "Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of eight royal brides".

The book
Amazon.com: Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides (9780743296373): Princess Michael of Kent: Books - English Edition
Coroadas em Terras Distantes –Brazilian Edition
Coroadas em Terras Distantes

The book is about eight European princesses who married foreign rulers over the past 300 years.

The Brazilian edition has as its cover a watercolour by Jean-Baptiste Debret called “Débarquement de la princesse Léopoldine à Rio de Janeiro”. Coroadas em Terras Distantes
One of the eight brides in the book is Maria Leopoldine von Österreich, archduchess of Austria, that in 1817 sailed to Brazil to marry the crown prince of Portugal (Príncipe Real do Reino Unido de Portugal, Brasil e Algarves), Dom Pedro de Alcântara . Later she became Empress consort of Brazil and, for two months, simultaneously queen consort of Portugal. She was a daughter of Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor, and his second wife, Maria Teresa of the Two Sicilies and sister of, among others, Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria and Marie Louise, Duchess of Parma, Napoleon Bonaparte's wife.

The other 7 royal brides are Marie Antoinette, Maria Carolina of Austria, Eugenie of France, Victoria of Germany, Catharine of Russia and Maria Feodorovna.

Schedule

Princess Michael of Kent has arrived in São Paulo on Sunday (April 8th) and her hotel here is the Fasano Fasano - Hotels.

As her first appointment, she layed some flowers in the Ipiranga Mausoleum, where Empress Leopoldina, her husband D. Pedro I (IV in Portugal) and his second wife, Empress Amelie rest. The mausoleum is in front of Museu do Ipiranga, the very place where D. Pedro I declared the Independence of Brazil from Portugal. She was accompanied by Dom Gabriel de Orleans e Bragança, nephew of Dom Luís Gastão de Orléans e Bragança, considered the Emperor de jure in Brazil by his supporters.

Ipiranga Museum: .:: O Museu ::.
Mausoleum outside (the flickr pictures are not mine but were the best I could find):
FOTOS DO JUNIOR 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
FOTOS DO JUNIOR 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
MAUSOLEU INPERIAL - MUSEU DO IPIRANGA | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Mausoleum inside: Mausoléu Imperial | Outras Atrações | SP360° | A maior viagem virtual pela cidade
A small video of Princess Michael there: YouTube - Princesa Michael de Kent Marie Christine - BCTV.mpg

Last night (09) she was on TV in a show called “Programa do Jô “ (a look alike David Letterman”s). You can see the interview here (part one YouTube - Jô Soares entrevista Princesa Michael de Kent 09/05/2011 (Parte 1 de 2) and part two YouTube - Jô Soares entrevista Princesa Michael de Kent 09/05/2011 (Parte 2 de 2)). It is in English.

I myself think she was very charming and intelligent. Of course Jô Soares pampered her a lot.

Tonight (10) she will autograph her book at no Museu da Casa Brasileira (Museu da Casa Brasileira) at 8:30 PM

Tomorrow, (11) she will be in Rio de Janeiro. There will be a diner at Casa Julieta de Serpa (Casa de Arte e Cultura Julieta de Serpa) in her honor and she will autograph her book at Iate Club do Rio de Janeiro on April 12 (see the invitation here http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jIvqhNT2...xZjM4/s1600/convite_Rio_de_Janeiro-745573.jpg). Her editors wanted the venue to take place at Palácio de São Clemente (Veja Rio on-line) – when Rio was the capital of Brazil, the Portuguese Embassy was there, now it is the Portuguese General Consulate. The Portuguese did not allow it to be the venue and gossipers say that it is all because Empress Leopoldina was very much in favor of Brazil to be independent from Portugal and was actually acting as Empress Regent when D Pedro I was travelling to São Paulo and declared the independency.
On May 13 she will go to Petropolis where she will participate in a lot of events at the Museu Imperial do Brasil (Uma princesa europeia no Museu Imperial). The Museu was once the summer palace of the Imperial Family. This day is very important to Brazil because 123 years before Princess Isabel of Brazil abolished slavery.

If I hear something else interesting about Princess Michael of Kent’s trip, I will post again.

Last edited:
:previous:

Thanks a bunch for all the extra-information, cmbruno! Very interesting and much appreciated! :flowers::flowers: It would be great if we could see a bit more from this trip in the days ahead.

Dierna23 and cmbruno,
Thanks a lot for providing information on Princess Michael's tour in Brazil.:flowers::flowers::flowers:
I truly enjoyed watching videos. She is adept at giving interviews and interacting with people. Once again I have to say that her way of speaking is nice. I wonder whether or not Princess Michael had any speech coaching.

Last edited:
Thank you, Dierna23. I will try ro find more information. Tonight's venue is very close to my apartment and I guess I could go there to have a look but I did not go to the hairdresser today...LOL

As always Princess Michael presented herself ,her books and other stories around in a wonderful way.I wish she will come one day on Russian TV,as she often visits Russia.
I wonder if she had ever been in Hungary previously.It's a pity that I do not see her often on British TV.

Thanks for providing updates on Prince Michael's tour in Brazil!:flowers:
It is obvious that she enjoyed it very much.

Bright colors sure look good on Marie-Christine.

Last night (09) she was on TV in a show called “Programa do Jô “ (a look alike David Letterman”s). [...] I myself think she was very charming and intelligent. Of course Jô Soares pampered her a lot.

I had the naughtiest grin throughout this interview. She sure does have firm opinions and definitions about what constitutes beauty in other human beings. :ROFLMAO:

Princess Michael of Kent autographing books at Iate Club in Rio on May 12th
Blog da Sylvinha: S.A.R princesa Michael de Kent no Iate
The article says that she told her milliner did not understand her orders and made the brim of the hat she used on William and Catherine's wedding a little bigger thant what she wanted it to be.Blog da Sylvinha: S.A.R princesa Michael de Kent no Iate

Blog da Hildegard Angel This link covers the same event and it also has a photo of Lady Gabriella when she was in Rio for two montsh to work in Project Uerê that educates children and teenagers in danger. She tought them English through songs. Princess Michael of Kent asked the promoters of the event to meet Mrs Yvonne Bezerra de Mell, responsible for Project Uerê at the event.

On May 13th Princess Michael of Kent spent the day in Petrópolis and visited the Cathedral where Empreror D. Pedro II. Princess Emperess Thereza Christina, Princess Isabel and Count D'Eu are buried. You can see a small video here in360 - Princesa britânica visita Petrópolis para lançar um livro It is really interesting because when she first met Princess Cristina de Orlénas e Bragança there, she first shakes hand but when she learns who she is, she kisses her! LOL

when she first met Princess Cristina de Orlénas e Bragança there, she first shakes hand but when she learns who she is, she kisses her! LOL
:ROFLMAO: Well, at least she is consistent!

I love the Madonna-like retro 90s hairdo. I find her hilarious quirks very endearing.

:previous: I agree and that moment in the video is really quite funny. ;)
Thanks once again for keeping us updated on the visit to Brazil, cmbruno! :flowers: Very nice to see a picture of Ella from her stay there, btw!

Part 3 of Princess Michael's series on WTC is now online. This time Italy has been the topic: World Travel Channel

Oh, Dierna23, I liked this episode very much! Is it still possible to watch the first two?

Thank you for the video! I was wondering where exactly was this filmed? The same place as the other 2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for part 2, I was wondering if it was in her house/apartment bc if it was she has a very grand house, which is to be expected bc it is in Kenstington Palace, but It's a lot nicer than I expected (if it really is).

Well, I had already planned to go to St Petesburg next year. Now I'll have to plan another trip to Istambul! lol

I undestood she was in Turkey while filming because she used the verb "come" instead of "go" in that episode. Unless I missunderstood something....

:previous:

Yes, I had the impression, too. I think it must have been filmed somewhere in Turkey. Oh, and I know exactly what you mean, cmbruno. I can't watch such shows about foreign countries without getting the feeling that I HAVE to travel there. NOW! ;)

Part 4 is out now - about Peru: - Prensesin Seyahat Günlü

You have to scroll down, there are the links to all episodes so far. The next two episodes will be about Africa and India.

Thank you Dierna12! I am looking forward the next episodes.

Thank you!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
As expected, Prince and Princess Michael looked truly regal. Her pearl necklace and earrings were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom