The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Michael of Kent attended the opening of the international festival of landscape and gardening
art, called Imperial Gardens of Russia, in St. Petersburg on May 26, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Prince Michael looks as regally dashing as ever.

Prince Michael of Kent in St. Petersburg for Imperial Gardens Festival

Quote:
MAY 26, 2011
St. Petersburg is hosting the “Imperial Gardens of Russia” Festival for the fourth time this year. The three previous festivals have become the highlight events in the cultural life of the city and attracted the attention of St Petersburgers to the numerous traditional activities of the festival life. The Mikhailovsky Garden of the Russian Museum, the main venue of festival, has become not only the recreation spot but also the place where one could witness and partake in various creative actions.

The year 2011 has been proclaimed the Year of Italy in Russia. This fact has specified and determined the theme of the festival and that of the exhibition-contest: “Italian Midday”. The striking and easily recognizable image of Italy is a keynote of the festival program events, which will reveal the peculiar Italian style in Russian park and gardening art.

Prince Michael of Kent arrived in St. Petersburg ahead of the opening of the festival to participate in a campaign to revitalize a Russian tradition – the planting of oak trees in the square near the house where Peter I lived. In the 19th century members of the royal family participated in the planting of trees here. His Royal Highness brought with him not only the sapling but also the soil in which the sapling was grown. Prince Michael said that he hoped the tree will take up firm roots in its new location and that the tradition of planting oak trees will become another brand of the festival.
The Imperial Gardens of Russia International Festival | Russkie Prostori

The Imperial Gardens of Russia International Festival- 2011

Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Michael has been in Venice last week where she visited the Biennale. On June 1 she attended the Vhernier Party:

Vhernier party - Vogue.it (two pictures of her in the gallery)
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

She was listed as "la Principessa Christine di Kent" ....
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes. That's quite common abroad it seems. I know that in France and Germany the media doesn't call her Princess Michael either, but "Marie-Christine de Kent" (even Point de Vue) or "Prinzessin Marie-Christine von Kent".
Old 06-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Michael of Kent visits Peace Hospice in Watford

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new...Peace_Hospice/
Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

Yes. That's quite common abroad it seems. I know that in France and Germany the media doesn't call her Princess Michael either, but "Marie-Christine de Kent" (even Point de Vue) or "Prinzessin Marie-Christine von Kent".
Yes,because,calling a woman with her husbands name can be very awkward in some countries due to the language...

For example,in my country such thing just doesn't exist and bold translation of those kind of names would produce confusing if not funny reactions because woman is always known just by her name either if she is a princess or a maid,married or unmarried...
Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

By chance I have found a stash of pictures of the original Royal glamour girl, before Diana or Kate, Ha, Ha! You've guessed it...Princess M. I hope you enjoy these rare wedding; pregnancy and overall 1970's pics.

prince michael of kent and princess michael of kent wedding - Camera Press - 18634342-013 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

prince michael of kent and princess michael of kent wedding - Camera Press - 18634342-008 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

princess michael of kent and lady elizabeth shakerley - Camera Press - 18634342-006 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

princess michael of kent, princess anne and lord mountbatten - Camera Press - 18634342-004 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

Loving these pregnancy pics with Lady Ella (I know, I am soooo sad!)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The following are just circa. 1979 charity events but how stunning was Princess Michael in her 30's? I't's going against the media grain but, IMO anyway, she has been the greatest beauty to grace the British Royal Family since her mother-in-law Princess Marina in the 1930's.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/111615733/WireImagehttp://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/111629827/WireImage

Old 06-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks a lot, Angela!! These fantabulous pictures made my evening.
And of course I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence.
I recently ordered a picture disc about Marie-Christine on Ebay (I know, sounds odd ) and it had plenty of very early pictures.
She could have passed for a movie star definitely - maybe even better.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great pictures! The right dose of glam for me. I really think no-one could have pulled off such outfits the way Marie-Christine did it. I always found that she is one of the very few people who never looked ridiculous in the 80's, though her outfits were definitely en vogue back then. She managed to choose the best that was available as she really has an unique taste, IMO.
If you find more of those - please keep them coming, Angela!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for sharing amazing photos of Princess Michael!
She had and has a great sense of fashion.
Having said that, we must admit that there are fashion incidents such as this one Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Prince Philip's 90th Birthday Service: HRH Princess Michael of Kent
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's true of course, Al_Bina. I was rather "shocked" by that outfit and it was a hat from the early 80's. I can't remember seeing her recycling something that old before. And to be honest, in the last two years or so such fashion faux pas by MC rather accumulate, which is quite unusual for her IMHO.

However - Prince and Princess Michael at Royal Ascot today:

prince and princess michael of kent - Camera Press - 20312336-008 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

The usual aplomb.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Both have "regal" behaviour, and they almost always look and sound the part.
What more can one want ??
Old 06-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photo!
The couple looked great as magnificent.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Michael attended day 1 of the All England Lawn Tennis Championships at Wimbledon in London, Monday, June 20, 2011.

** Pic **
Old 06-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended Nadja Swarovski's birthday party at the Orangery in
Kensington Palace Gardens, London, June 23, 2011. Nadja Swarovski is the lady in green on pic 1.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **
Old 06-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower!!
The princess looks great with that hairstyle and both seem to have enjoyed a nice evening.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the images. I love Princess Michael, she is always so glamorous. I love her choice of attire for the birthday, the pale colour of the suit is beautiful.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful photos!If not her actual background,Princess Michael could have been a Hollywood actress with her charm and beauty.Sometimes I see a resemblance between her and Uma Thurman