The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

I loved the interview, she seemed a lot more down to earth and humble then the media likes to make her out to be. She is obviously a well educated and cultured women, who is probably more suited to be a royal then most of the current crown princesses.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Kent family of Prince Michael with Greek royals at pre-wedding ball...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zo558/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...GHcXO/x610.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...P4al2/610x.jpg

Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Elegant as always,Kent family at the wedding:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ThdK4/x610.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Who is the lady curtsying to Prince Michael?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Kent family of Prince Michael with Greek royals at pre-wedding ball...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zo558/610x.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Princess Michael curtsying to King Constantine and Tatiana, Princess Nikolaos, curtsying to Prince Michael ... It is nice to see such display of formality
Old 04-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Who is the lady curtsying to Prince Michael?
That's Tatiana, Princess Nikolaos of Greece.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Princess Michael visited Turkey/Istanbul last week. Yesterday she gave an interview about 30 minutes for a Turkish commercial channel.

Part 1 (interview starts at 35:20): Live Show [Procaster] Sun Apr 10 2011 01:24:43 PM private lounge yeni bolum basi on World Travel Channel - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Part 2: Live Show [Procaster] Sun Apr 10 2011 02:25:00 PM on World Travel Channel - live streaming video powered by Livestream
watched it. She is very engaged with the Turkish channel at the moment because there is more to come!!!!! TV is a good option. Marie-Christine always wanted to be a TV presenter or so I've heard......
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
watched it. She is very engaged with the Turkish channel at the moment because there is more to come!!!!! TV is a good option. Marie-Christine always wanted to be a TV presenter or so I've heard......
I think she could have been not only a TV presenter,but a fascinating actress as well
Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Gentry

A career on the Turkish television for Princess Michael sounds like heaven to me. She can start from there and move to CNN around the age of 80. No need to hurry, my dear!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_noblesse View Post
A career on the Turkish television for Princess Michael sounds like heaven to me. She can start from there and move to CNN around the age of 80. No need to hurry, my dear!
Why not? Heck, look at supermodel Carmen Dell'Orefice who happens to be turning 80 in a few weeks.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Administrator

My mother was looking at my copy of the Hello magazine that covered the royal wedding...she is so UNLIKE me in that she really isn't that interested in royals except for events such as this....but she surprised me when looking at the pics when she said...where is Princess Michael?! I found a pic of her at the wedding with the blue suit and she was like...she always looks fabulous :) I didn't even know she knew who she was!

Old 05-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Michael should make her own movie about Marina, the Duchess of Kent, I mean she has access to the jewels the palaces and some of her clothes I'm sure, and plus Marina is my favorite royal of all time so I would watch it!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Fergalicious, I'm amazed by how much you know about MC!! First of all, I thought that this was only an interview in Istanbul for commercial reasons (MC needs to promote her new book), I couldn't have imagined that there would be more to come! Secondly, I never read or heard that she would like to work as a TV presenter or hostess - thank you so very much for the information!!!! I know that you do have inside knowledge and please don't deny that, so I was wondering whether you could tell us a few things about MC's relationship with the late Diana. Were they really at daggers drawn?? The nature of their relationship has always confused me, as they also used to be neighbours in Kensighton Palace. Any info will be highly appreciated and thank you in advance!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
Why not? Heck, look at supermodel Carmen Dell'Orefice who happens to be turning 80 in a few weeks.

I had forgotten Carmen - she was the favourite model of Norman Parkinson at one time and by coincidence HE was the favourite photographer of the BRF in his heyday when they did not want to sit for 'family' - i.e. Snowdon or Lichfield.

Alex
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

@jonc93 wouldn't that be nice?? But I guess some people at the palace wouldn't like it.

@NoorMeansLight I dunno what you're talking about!! Marie-Christine is doing a series, which very nice for her. Last saturday she talked about St. Petersburg on World Travel Channel, watched it with loads of popcorn. She once said she wanted to be a teacher if I remember correctly..... All very good.Were they really at daggers drawn? Hmmm... Let us say their relationship was way different from the relationship between Diana and Sarah, who were best friends of course! Marie-Christine is older, different type of humour and she comes from another world. And what stories do you want to hear now? How they used opera glasses to spy on each other back then at KP? The story about the eggs or the one about the cats? When Diana once did goose step in front of her? Those were the days.....And I believe it must've been hilarious days.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Michael is in Brazil at the moment. She has been a guest at Jô Soares' Late Night Show:

Old 05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Princess Michael of Kent in Brazil

It took me so long to write this that Dierna32 arrived first" ;-)

Princess Michael of Kent is in Brazil to release the first edition in "Brazilian Portuguese” of her 1986 book "Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of eight royal brides".

The book
Amazon.com: Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides (9780743296373): Princess Michael of Kent: Books - English Edition
Coroadas em Terras Distantes –Brazilian Edition
Coroadas em Terras Distantes

The book is about eight European princesses who married foreign rulers over the past 300 years.

The Brazilian edition has as its cover a watercolour by Jean-Baptiste Debret called “Débarquement de la princesse Léopoldine à Rio de Janeiro”. Coroadas em Terras Distantes
One of the eight brides in the book is Maria Leopoldine von Österreich, archduchess of Austria, that in 1817 sailed to Brazil to marry the crown prince of Portugal (Príncipe Real do Reino Unido de Portugal, Brasil e Algarves), Dom Pedro de Alcântara . Later she became Empress consort of Brazil and, for two months, simultaneously queen consort of Portugal. She was a daughter of Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor, and his second wife, Maria Teresa of the Two Sicilies and sister of, among others, Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria and Marie Louise, Duchess of Parma, Napoleon Bonaparte's wife.

The other 7 royal brides are Marie Antoinette, Maria Carolina of Austria, Eugenie of France, Victoria of Germany, Catharine of Russia and Maria Feodorovna.

Schedule

Princess Michael of Kent has arrived in São Paulo on Sunday (April 8th) and her hotel here is the Fasano Fasano - Hotels.

As her first appointment, she layed some flowers in the Ipiranga Mausoleum, where Empress Leopoldina, her husband D. Pedro I (IV in Portugal) and his second wife, Empress Amelie rest. The mausoleum is in front of Museu do Ipiranga, the very place where D. Pedro I declared the Independence of Brazil from Portugal. She was accompanied by Dom Gabriel de Orleans e Bragança, nephew of Dom Luís Gastão de Orléans e Bragança, considered the Emperor de jure in Brazil by his supporters.

Ipiranga Museum: .:: O Museu ::.
Mausoleum outside (the flickr pictures are not mine but were the best I could find):
FOTOS DO JUNIOR 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
FOTOS DO JUNIOR 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
MAUSOLEU INPERIAL - MUSEU DO IPIRANGA | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Mausoleum inside: Mausoléu Imperial | Outras Atrações | SP360° | A maior viagem virtual pela cidade
A small video of Princess Michael there:

Last night (09) she was on TV in a show called “Programa do Jô “ (a look alike David Letterman”s). You can see the interview here (part one and part two ). It is in English.

I myself think she was very charming and intelligent. Of course Jô Soares pampered her a lot.

Tonight (10) she will autograph her book at no Museu da Casa Brasileira (Museu da Casa Brasileira) at 8:30 PM

Tomorrow, (11) she will be in Rio de Janeiro. There will be a diner at Casa Julieta de Serpa (Casa de Arte e Cultura Julieta de Serpa) in her honor and she will autograph her book at Iate Club do Rio de Janeiro on April 12 (see the invitation here http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jIvqhNT2B...iro-745573.jpg). Her editors wanted the venue to take place at Palácio de São Clemente (Veja Rio on-line) – when Rio was the capital of Brazil, the Portuguese Embassy was there, now it is the Portuguese General Consulate. The Portuguese did not allow it to be the venue and gossipers say that it is all because Empress Leopoldina was very much in favor of Brazil to be independent from Portugal and was actually acting as Empress Regent when D Pedro I was travelling to São Paulo and declared the independency.
On May 13 she will go to Petropolis where she will participate in a lot of events at the Museu Imperial do Brasil (Uma princesa europeia no Museu Imperial). The Museu was once the summer palace of the Imperial Family. This day is very important to Brazil because 123 years before Princess Isabel of Brazil abolished slavery.

If I hear something else interesting about Princess Michael of Kent’s trip, I will post again.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks a bunch for all the extra-information, cmbruno! Very interesting and much appreciated! It would be great if we could see a bit more from this trip in the days ahead.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Dierna23 and cmbruno,
Thanks a lot for providing information on Princess Michael's tour in Brazil.
I truly enjoyed watching videos. She is adept at giving interviews and interacting with people. Once again I have to say that her way of speaking is nice. I wonder whether or not Princess Michael had any speech coaching.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Thank you, Dierna23. I will try ro find more information. Tonight's venue is very close to my apartment and I guess I could go there to have a look but I did not go to the hairdresser today...LOL