The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post

Pardon my naiveté, but what photoshoot? Can you share the link?

Thanks!
I don't have a link, but I have the photos in my archives. For example, my avatar photo comes from that photoshoot. And I remember a couple shots outside their home, similar to the one they used as a Christmas card. I guess someone needs to confirm that first, I might be wrong.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Bryan Adams is a personal friend of the Kents, so it could be possible that he took the picture for the card. I haven't seen the pictures at the photo agencies or on his site, so there's no confirmation.

That, however, is the photo-shooting from 2007, NoorMeansLight mentioned: http://www.bryanadamsphotography.com...allerieID=1479

Old 12-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I presume that Bryan Adams is the singer Brian Adams. He appears to be a talented photographer. Prince and Princess Michael were an epitome of aristrocraticism.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I totally agree, Al_Bina and yes, it is the singer Adams. On his site are also a few pictures of Sophie Winkleman.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for finding the link for us, Dierna23! Bryan Adams has done an amazing job, IMO. I appreciated him as a musician, same now as a photographer. The whole 'atmosphere' in the Christmas card photo reminded me of that particular photoshoot. Beautiful, crystal-clear, professional shots all of them.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

StockphotoPro - Stock Photography - Search 6 Million Stock Photos, Royalty Free Images, and Illustrations

Who's in this picture?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank You for sharing!Who are godfathers and godmothers of her children?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Important to notice behind Princess Michael the late Lord Louis Mountbatten
Old 01-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that he was a supporter of Prince Michael's marriage to Marie-Christine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Important to notice behind Princess Michael the late Lord Louis Mountbatten
Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Administrator

...and it was in response to Mountbatten's self-appointed role as ex officio marriage broker and enthusiastic advocate that HM was reported to have said "She sounds far too grand for us".
Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Courtier

What do you all think?Will they maybe,just maybe go to Friedrich Georg von Preussen and Sophie von Isenburg's wedding?

Are there any sort of connections apart from royal blood and descendance of Queen Victoria?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah yes...the dry Windsor wit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

...and it was in response to Mountbatten's self-appointed role as ex officio marriage broker and enthusiastic advocate that HM was reported to have said "She sounds far too grand for us".
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Gentry

Maybe somebody know where has been Prince Michael living since his mother (Princess Marina) death to his marriage with Marie Christine? Due to the fact they got their apartment in Kensington Palace as a wedding gift from QEII.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew 24 View Post
Maybe somebody know where has been Prince Michael living since his mother (Princess Marina) death to his marriage with Marie Christine? Due to the fact they got their apartment in Kensington Palace as a wedding gift from QEII.
I believe they still reside in Kensington Palace.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
What do you all think?Will they maybe,just maybe go to Friedrich Georg von Preussen and Sophie von Isenburg's wedding?

Are there any sort of connections apart from royal blood and descendance of Queen Victoria?
Her ancestors were more Austria and South Germany based high nobility. In the female line she is descended from princesses of Arenberg, Auersperg, Windisch-Graetz, Lobkowitz, Khevenhüller, Schwarzenberg, Liechtenstein, Pignatelli, ..., all Houses which were considered "equal" in Austria and Germany.

I found a female ancestor of the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, but this Countess Maria Cleopha married in 1632 Philippe de Ligne, Prince d'Arenberg... very far removed.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Her ancestors were more Austria and South Germany based high nobility. In the female line she is descended from princesses of Arenberg, Auersperg, Windisch-Graetz, Lobkowitz, Khevenhüller, Schwarzenberg, Liechtenstein, Pignatelli, ..., all Houses which were considered "equal" in Austria and Germany.

I found a female ancestor of the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, but this Countess Maria Cleopha married in 1632 Philippe de Ligne, Prince d'Arenberg... very far removed.
Thank you for this,very interesting connection of Princess Michael with Hohenzollern dynasty from 17th century ;-)

I thought about social connections...we all know that they tend to take part in various continent weddings and that they keep some sort of contact with their German relatives/friends,so I wondered is there anything known if the PM couple ever met George Friedrich/maybe Sophie(through her parents) or do they know each other at all?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope Prince and Princess Michael will attend the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

^^ Maybe they will. But I don't expect too much coverage of this wedding.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Gentry

I think I'm having Princess Michael withdrawal symptoms: has anyone come across any new interviews, photos, news, etc.?

(P.S. Happy Valentines Day to those who celebrate)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, it's been quite a while since we've heard of her. All I know is that her new book will be published soon (in early 2011) and I guess she's busy with her work then.

Happy Valentine's, too!