Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Al_bina I couldn't have worded it better myself. The Britons tend to forget that the Kent royal branch have true Romanov blood through GD Elena Vladimirovna, dear Princess Marina's mother. They are true blue-blooded royals, unlike their cousins, the Yorks, the Gloucesters, the Wales and the others.

I understand your point...I think that I share similar one as you,but let's not forget that Prince Philips's own grandmother was also a Grand Duchess of Russia,so they do have blood of Russian Imperial family after all...

The Romanovs were known for their power and their wealth but not for their lineage or good breeding, thus the oldest dynasties of Europe like Habsburg-Lorraine or Wittelsbach never married a Romanov.

Grand Duchess Alexandra of Russia married Archduke Joseph of Austria...

The main reason for not/intermarrying was the faith...Russians were Orthodox and Habsburgs or Wittelsbachs were Catholic...none of them really wanted to change their faith just for the sake of marriage!

Yes,but they didn't want to change their faith mainly because of political considerations in order to start a revival of Byzantium Imperim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why shouldn't Princess Michael have emphasized her assets? In order not to evoke the priest's admiration, as we say in nasty Greece? :lol: I won't play the Pharisee, Her Highness looked ravishing. And besides, a woman can provoke with her attitude and actions, not with her attire. Farewell! ;)

@Marc23 Very good observation you made, and very correct. Thank you! :)

Princess Michael is so bright beauty,that she could outshine even young women,no matter they are brides or not!
Again,share your opinion,no matter what people say about her character,but she sure has the charisma...someone may like it,others may not,but they could not deny it...
Prince Michael is so handsome! dashing! you can tell he has Slavic genes,best looks of all.
Russian Imperial family has just a tiny % of Slavic blood,but his great-grandmother Maria Pavlovna came from a family of Mecklenburg (Schwerin branch)...one of the few German royal/noble families of Slavic origin in male line!

Let's not forget his other ancestors like Queen Charlotte or Queen Luise of Prussia came from the same family (Strelitz branch) carrying Slavic genes!

Exactly, and IMO didn't need to emphasize her assets quite so much. With her looks, height, and social status, she'd have been front-and-centre anyway.:ermm:

And how would that splendid necklace stand out, if Princess Michael was covered up like a nun?! ;) I don't understand why everyone should assume that she wanted to 'emphasize her assets' by choosing a low neckline (which wasn't too low, IMO, anyway). I think her purpose was clear, no big deal.:flowers:

Grand Duchess Alexandra of Russia married Archduke Joseph of Austria...

The main reason for not/intermarrying was the faith...Russians were Orthodox and Habsburgs or Wittelsbachs were Catholic...none of them really wanted to change their faith just for the sake of marriage!

I forgot about this very short marriage to an Archduke whose later descendents were not deemed "real" Habsburgs but "Hungarians" at court (see letters of Archduchess Sophie about the wish of her son to marry his cousin Archduchess Elisabeth, Joseph's daughter, who the empress mother deemed not to be a suitable bride for the emperor as she was "too much of a Hungarian". Funnily enough Franz Joseph's Bavarian bride became an hungarian by heart after her marriage...)

As for the faith: both Wittelsbach and Habsburg princes married princesses of a different Christian faith who were allowed to keep their faith. Empress Maria Theresia's mother even was chosen for Charles VI. because she was a protestant princess...

As you pointed out,marriages between other religions were very rare...but Catholics and Orthodox marriages were even rarer...

It was not just up to Habsburgs and Witelsbachs to determine the wish of an Orthodox Princesses who mainly wanted to stay Orthodox no matter what...and neither they wanted to give way if she decides that,so it was the main reason for such marriage situation between families of a different religion,especially Catholic and Orthodox...because at that time it determined politics.

Great video!Thank you very much,Dierna!
Princess Michael is unique in all she is doing,she has a particular charm!
Does anyone know more details about this visit?

Thanks for the wonderful video!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Princess Michael enjoyed interacting with little boys and girls, which could be tricky at times. Her deportment and way of speaking are very feminine

Great video!Thank you very much,Dierna!
Princess Michael is unique in all she is doing,she has a particular charm!
Does anyone know more details about this visit?

You're welcome. :flowers: The Village Well is a community resource center. Jean Rowcliffe, the founder, has been the nanny of Ella and Freddie before she moved to San Francisco. At the annual gala, shown by the end of the video, Princess Michael also gave one of her lectures.

I guess it's a case of "different strokes for different folks." I find displays of cleavage in bad taste, particularly in older women. Royal women are usually more reserved in their necklines, even though they wear some stunning jewels.:flowers:

And how would that splendid necklace stand out, if Princess Michael was covered up like a nun?! ;) I don't understand why everyone should assume that she wanted to 'emphasize her assets' by choosing a low neckline (which wasn't too low, IMO, anyway). I think her purpose was clear, no big deal.:flowers:

Princess Michael looked particularly lovely at the Gala.:flowers:

At the annual gala, shown by the end of the video, Princess Michael also gave one of her lectures.

I'm interested in a question,I wonder who are godparents of Prince Michael's children and as far I've understood they were baptized in an Anglican Church

:previous: Yes, they are. As far as I know King Constantine of Greece is Freddie's godfather? Lady Annabel Goldsmith is the godmother of Freddie. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Princess Michael: Shen Yun a ‘Marvellous Evening’: Princess Michael: Shen Yun a

I was going to ask how I could post these links - Dierna, you're amazing!! :) I watched it last night and was like 'Who's the pushy one now?!'. My Goodness, this tacky hostess knows no limits. MC was brilliant once again, avoided all the questions she didn't want to answer by changing the subject so featly. ;) I'm looking forward to her new book, BTW!

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
Princess Michael did a good job of handling the interview and answering questions.

Last edited:
Princess Michael visited Turkey/Istanbul last week. Yesterday she gave an interview about 30 minutes for a Turkish commercial channel.

You're the best Dierna23! I was hoping to download this to my iPod to watch onboard a long flight I have to take but the first few minutes are so fascinating I'm just going to stay up and watch it all right now :flowers:

I loved the interview, she seemed a lot more down to earth and humble then the media likes to make her out to be. She is obviously a well educated and cultured women, who is probably more suited to be a royal then most of the current crown princesses.

Thanks for the photos!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Princess Michael curtsying to King Constantine and Tatiana, Princess Nikolaos, curtsying to Prince Michael ... It is nice to see such display of formality

Last edited:

watched it. She is very engaged with the Turkish channel at the moment because there is more to come!!!!!:w00t: TV is a good option. Marie-Christine always wanted to be a TV presenter or so I've heard...... ;)

watched it. She is very engaged with the Turkish channel at the moment because there is more to come!!!!!:w00t: TV is a good option. Marie-Christine always wanted to be a TV presenter or so I've heard...... ;)
I think she could have been not only a TV presenter,but a fascinating actress as well

A career on the Turkish television for Princess Michael sounds like heaven to me. She can start from there and move to CNN around the age of 80. No need to hurry, my dear! :lol:

A career on the Turkish television for Princess Michael sounds like heaven to me. She can start from there and move to CNN around the age of 80. No need to hurry, my dear!

Why not? Heck, look at supermodel Carmen Dell'Orefice who happens to be turning 80 in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom