Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Michael of Kent pictured with Nigel Mansell and his team before the
former British Formula One World champion set off on the Nigel Mansell UK
Youth Cycle Challenge, to raise awareness of the Positive About Youth
Campaign and to raise £1 million for UK Youth.

Prince Michael personally officiated the start and waved Nigel and the team
away at Kensington Palace, London, July 22, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Prince Michael of Kent pictured with Nigel Mansell and his team before the
former British Formula One World champion set off on the Nigel Mansell UK
Youth Cycle Challenge, to raise awareness of the Positive About Youth
Campaign and to raise £1 million for UK Youth.

Prince Michael personally officiated the start and waved Nigel and the team
away at Kensington Palace, London, July 22, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Nigel is looking good after all these years

In the book "MC-The adventures of a Maverick Princess" there is a pic of her at 16 with jet black hair and she is stunning.

Jet black? She isn't natural blonde?

Her hair may have been dyed black as in the pic shes also wearing heavy khol eyeliner, it's all very 1960's.

^ This is quite something.;) I'd love to see that photo. Isn't it allowed to post pictures from books here?

I would love to post the pic but I don't have a scanner. The book itself is quite a trashy read ( I think Peter Lane's book is a far more credible biography of the Princess) but it does have some interesting early pics of PM and many are in colour, including the official portrait of her and Prince Michael taken by David Bailey in 1981 before they went to represent the Queen at Independence in Belieze. It's a totally fairytale pic of the Princess in a big blue ballgown and tiara and is rarely seen these days but has been described as being a classic of royal portraiture. The book is available on e-bay if anyone is interested.

P.S. Don't understand what Anne Widdecome being a former Tory MP has to do with anything. If PM was rude to her and her family she would have to be a pretty strange person to take the time to write about how nice she was.

:previous:

Thanks, Angela, for the information about the book! I always wanted to buy it on ebay, but I wasn't too sure if it includes pictures or any useful information. But according to your description it's worth to have it, even if only because of the pictures. :)

I also agree concerning Anne Widdecome - conservative or not, I believe the British Press doesn't miss an opportunity to let MC come across as pushy etc. ;)

Your welcome Dierna, the ironic thing is that Peter Lane's bio of PM is by far the best in terms of prose but Everingham's is the best in terms of pics. If it's good, glamorous (and unusual) pics you want then the latter is well worth buying.

Seriously, I want both - a good read and good pictures. :D So, I think I'll buy Lane's biography and Everingham's.

After reading this thread I've become perplexed by people suggesting Prince Michael of Kent would be a preferable candidate for the non-existent Russian throne based on his looks and the fact his grand mother was a Romanov. This seems to be because there are dozens of real Romanov's who bear the family, rather than maternal descendants.

^ Another reason is P Michael's striking resemblance to Tsar Nicholas II.;)

If the current Russian President, Dimitri Medvedev, grew a beard he would like much more like Nicholas II than Prince Michael, in my opinion. Maybe he should be Tsar?

remote_image20100426-27494-1eo7wf4-0.jpg

Isn't Medvedev already Tsar? :p Now seriously - I don't believe people think Prince Michael would be a preferable candidate for the Russian throne only because of his visual nature.
He seems to have a strong affinity to Russia in general, he's certainly much interested in the culture, he speaks Russian fluently and from what I've heard the Russians like him.

Indeed, Russians deeply respect Prince Michael for many personal qualities he has got. The family resemblance is not the main one.

Peter Lane's bio of PM is by far the best in terms of prose but Everingham's is the best in terms of pics. If it's good, glamorous (and unusual) pics you want then the latter is well worth buying.

I just finished reading Lane's book and it was a very good read. He's VERY sympathetic to Princess Michael so some parts read like advertising copy from a P.R. rep. Nonetheless, for the most part though, it was an enjoyable read.

He mentions in the Acknowledgements section that he wrote to MC in November 1984 asking for her co-operation and she responded that "all my family, my friends, my schools, educational institutions, etc., have been requested to co-operate with no one with regard to articles or a book about me". There was a discussion in this forum along the lines of why we don't know much about her first husband (and why she rarely speaks of her father but talks incessantly about her mother) and it's apparent that she, or her handlers, want to control information about her.

I also found it interesting that when British Intelligence were vetting her before her marriage to the Prince they discovered information about her Dad's nazi past, years before the Daily Mail broke the story.

On another note, I came across such an interesting quote from a person on another website which I thought I'd share:

"Years ago I dated one his personal assistants. From what she told me, they don't get an "official" salary from the government, but the Queen gives them some sort of allowance under the table, as well as free housing at Kensington Palace. They were always complaining that the Queen was tight with money, even on things like buying cheap toilet paper for the apartments at Kensington. They were even more angry because the Queen Mother apparently spent money like it was going out of style for parties and whatnot, and never got in trouble for it." [Source]

Thanks for sharing information with us!:flowers:
I am not surprised to learn about the vetting process though. The Royal family wanted to be sure that Mrs. Troubridge was an acceptable choice.

He mentions in the Acknowledgements section that he wrote to MC in November 1984 asking for her co-operation and she responded that "all my family, my friends, my schools, educational institutions, etc., have been requested to co-operate with no one with regard to articles or a book about me". There was a discussion in this forum along the lines of why we don't know much about her first husband (and why she rarely speaks of her father but talks incessantly about her mother) and it's apparent that she, or her handlers, want to control information about her.

That is hardly surprising, isn't it? In view of the fact how the British press tried to discredit her family. If Princess of Michael of Kent rarely speaks of her father it has also be kept in mind that he was immaterial in her childhood!

She is forced to control information about her.

Thanks for the video update!
It was nice of Prince Michael to speak Italian.

I can smell botox. :cool: Too much botox. I wonder why a woman like that needs it. :whistling:

She's worth it, but she doesn't really need it.;) The couple looks quite fresh and relaxed. Looks like they're enjoying their summer, which is always great. Thanks for the video! :)

They look wonderful!
Would someone be kind enough to translate the Prince's speech?

Her hair looks so pretty like that. She should wear it that way more often. I also love her holiday clothes, very summery looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom