The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Westminster,
Thanks for photos!
It is always a pleasure to see Prince and Princess Michael paying another visit to the Russia. Princess Michael looked great as usual.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thanks for the pictures, Westminster. I believe that this are the first pictures of MC this year? Anyway, her hairstyle takes some getting used to.
I can see the idea behind the 'Russian' hairstyle of Princess Michael. Nice to see them travelling together. They both look really good. Thanks Westi!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Those pics were not taken in Russia. The event was a tribute gala to Rudolph Nureyev at the London Coliseum which the Prince and Princess atended as guests of honour. I read about this in Hello magazine but it didn't say on what date it took place but I think it must have been in March at some point.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Oh dear, thanks a lot, Angela! I found them on a Russian website. I can't read the Russian letters too well. So I used an online translator and the result, as we can see, was a mess!
Thanks again for the correction!!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Prince & Princess Micahel certainly appear to spend a considerable amount of their time in Eastern Europe
Indeed. I just did a quick research on the Russian version of google and found lots of stuff about them which I hadn't seen here on this board before. Both seem to have visited Russia last year alone a few times (there are also a few videos available). I wonder how popular they are in Russia?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Michael speaks Russian fluently and is related to the Romanovs. His resemblance to Nicholas II added to the popularity.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Prince Michael speaks Russian fluently and is related to the Romanovs. His resemblance to Nicholas II added to the popularity.
As the culture of "new Russia" develops and the newly wealthy get comfortable with their roles, there will be plenty for rent-a-royals like Prince & Princess Michael of Kent to pick on!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I beg your pardon, but I have not understood what you wanted to say.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I beg your pardon, but I have not understood what you wanted to say.
There are plenty of opportunities for the Michaels to pursure their commercial activities in Russia. Prince Michael's obvious physical resemblance to the last Tsar, and royal parentage, is an advantage to him in these commercial activities. These commercial activities can only be funded by the "new" wealth creation that Russia has seen in the last 2 decades.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I see. When it comes to physical traits, they are genetic. It is not his fault.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I see. When it comes to physical traits, they are genetic. It is not his fault.
I never suggested so. It certainly is a commercial advantage that he no doubt benefits from in his rent-a-royal acitvities
Old 04-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I dare to say that other members of the British royal family (e.g., some of Prince Andrew's recent actions may be construed this way) or members of the British nobility (e.g., Viscount Linley's furniture and interior business comes to mind) take full advantage of their royal ties. Previosly members of the British nobility married several rich American ladies to improve their fortunes. Prince Michael capitalises on what belongs to him. I guess there is nothing wrong with that nowadays.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Today, April 27, Prince and Princess Michael attended the
production premiere of Aida at the Royal Opera House, in
London. Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla attended as
well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **
Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, Princess Michael looks so glamorous - love her pink earrings! I also love Camilla's smile. She's a strong woman. Thanks for the updates Iceflower!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update and photos!
It is nice great to see Prince and Princess Michael attending "Aida". What can be more delightful than listening to great voices of opera singers and enjoying the life.
On a different note, I have to say that I am not keen on a metallic jacket worn by Princess Michael. It looked awkward, to say the least.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Iceflower.

I like her jacket, it's quite unusual but it suits her (but what wouldn't suit her? ). Her hair looks awful, IMO.

Anyway, it's very nice to see the couple and I hope they enjoyed the opera!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Wow, Princess Michael looks so glamorous - love her pink earrings! I also love Camilla's smile. She's a strong woman. Thanks for the updates Iceflower!!!!
Doesn't she though? I don't think I've ever seen Princess Michael look bad. Really.

(I'm sure now somebody will pop up with a hideous pic to make Russo eat her words. . .)
Old 04-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I dare to say that other members of the British royal family (e.g., some of Prince Andrew's recent actions may be construed this way) or members of the British nobility (e.g., Viscount Linley's furniture and interior business comes to mind) take full advantage of their royal ties. Previosly members of the British nobility married several rich American ladies to improve their fortunes. Prince Michael capitalises on what belongs to him. I guess there is nothing wrong with that nowadays.
I have not been critical of the Michaels in these posts, merely observant. IMO justifying the Michael's activities by pointing other examples is not particularly ingenious.

I am also not sure any of the other examples you have mentioned are particularly relevant. Linley has developed a commercial enterprise, that would stand the test of time purely on royal connections. Have you ever been into one of Linley's shops? The things he stocks are absolutely exquisite. I have bought a few pieces there, and will probably buy a few more when we redecorate our London home soon.

Prince Michael should certainly have married a wealthy American if he wanted to. Instead, I guess he chose to marry somebody who, if the press is to be believed, appears to have, rather publicly, had close relationships with certain Americans, Russians.....
Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Today, April 27, Prince and Princess Michael attended the production premiere of Aida at the Royal Opera House
I thought they both looked great!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Doesn't she though? I don't think I've ever seen Princess Michael look bad. Really.

(I'm sure now somebody will pop up with a hideous pic to make Russo eat her words. . .)
I always thought that royal glamour will die after her.